Thursday, September 14, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (5/4/2006)

Optimus45
Posted 5/4/2006 7:42:08 AM
Telin, if you want one of the maple swords, message me on RurouniLov3, I'd be glad to sell you it (Soul Singer, level 43 one) at a good price. >_>

---MS Windia: GaleAxe 7X Axe Crusader (B> Helios)

mlugia
Posted 5/4/2006 7:51:12 AM
Man, I miss all the good stuff, huh? My landlord doesn't have time to come over till next week, so I'm stuck with having to STUDY for awhile. Seriously, wtf =(

Dave, do you know what drops either of the 2 maple swords? If they're huntable, I might try there when I get back on instead of boaring for the next level.

TelinArtho
Posted 5/4/2006 7:55:20 AM
@Optimus - I don't particularly need one - so you'll probably get more mileage out of it if you sell it on the free market. I'll have to check the stats - but other than the accuracy, its a fair bit worse than my current sword - and I'm about to upgrade...

@mlugia - the maple sword (level 35) apparently is dropped by lorang; the soul stinger (level 43) is dropped by green mushrooms and master chronos. I fought lorangs last night but didn't get any maple item from them...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 47 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 5/4/2006 7:56:56 AM
Aww, pooey on the Lorangs. Screw the sword, I'll just try to level up and scroll the cutlus as planned.

TelinArtho
Posted 5/4/2006 7:59:21 AM
Honestly, the extra accuracy on the lower level sword will be perfect for level 35 - that'll make a huge difference in your ability to hit Alishar during the PQ - which makes you much more able to do it earlier. I wasn't confident in fighting Alishar on my own until 43, 44 - so reaching that point at 36, 37 - that's a big difference.

Just a thought.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 47 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 5/4/2006 8:02:03 AM
Well, yeah, but isn't Lorang a little out of my league at the moment? :

TelinArtho
Posted 5/4/2006 8:06:02 AM
Well, I'll hook you up if I get lucky while I'm over there. I only need another 60+ lorang and clang claws - but you never know.

Also, given how many different maple items drop from wild boars - you might stay there for a while just to get lucky and sell it off. It seems the items are trading for a fairly high price at the moment - so any of them would boost your income a good few levels.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 47 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 5/4/2006 8:11:15 AM
Hmm, ok. Thanks in advance for the offer then =D Now all I need is internet at home and I'll be all set! >_>

PreacherMaple
Posted 5/4/2006 8:33:15 AM
Thought I'd post some ideas here for up and coming Sins Apologies to Darkening if I'm advertising his soon to be permanent training ground XD

disclaimer *** I don't claim to be a master, just throwing out my opinion and answers to a question. I also aknowledge the spelling mistake but don't care too much

The sky terraces are a sins friend. They are fairly small, all have plenty of vertical space which is essential to get up above a group and fire down on them.

You should try your luck at each terrace level for the period of two warrior pills. This is necesary to warm up the spawn (first 3-5 mins), herd things for the remainder then on your second pill you have a rolling start. At 50 I was still gaining 3.5% per pill here, thats good exp.

I found that I made more exp fighting pandas and roll-o-ducks at 40-ish than I did at teddies as I was 2hitting them all. The teddies I was massivly over killing, the pandas and roll-o-ducks less so.
However, there comes a point where you start to mostly ohko the brown and pink teddies and at this point you should move back down to terrace 2 from terrace 5.

These teddies drop the following shexy stuff:
Wisdom crystal ores - 45K easyBlue helmets - 115K easy and up depending on how above avg they areSteel brigoons - 50Knakamakis (not sure of the level 35 spears spelling) 100K and upwards depending on how above avg it ismisc wizard equips - golden gears and amoria tops
After a level of training you can have easily 30 wisdom crystal ores.

Try to have some kumbis by 40ish at least and obviously 100% your avarice, you can't really use your meba till 50 without suffering.

I kept my 30 clothes right up to 50 and didnt suffer at all, theres only about 1-2 points of difference in the luk on the 30/35/40 etc clothes.

Get some cheap speed shoes ASAP, a boost of 8-10 will make a WORLD of difference in making it from one end of the terrace to the other. Your haste won't be worthwhile/economical to use until near the end of your 40s.

As ever always pump your luk and add all your dex in one or two levels, the difference between doing this and not can be up to 8 luk over the course of 10 levels.

I have been 50 for almost 2 weeks now and have made a large amount of money from the PQ, your good days will outweigh the bad eventually, plus people are always desperate to off load scrolls at a cheap price to allow them to continue to PQ...take advantage is all I can say.

If you have any questions message me in game, names in sig.

---Sin - AggroJagg 50 - Windia

PreacherMaple
Posted 5/4/2006 8:38:45 AM
Forgot to add:
The dice/blocks on the terrace levels, allow a sin to hit things at point blank range, thus doing away with minimum range. The teddies/monsters will just pass beneath you without hitting you, allowing you to stick stars int heir heads at close range.

---Sin - AggroJagg 50 - Windia

TelinArtho
Posted 5/4/2006 8:56:50 AM
Nice Preacher. Just a question and comment on the pricing of things. Do you have a store permit? If you do - that definitely explains your pricing. Without one, I don't see how anyone could get 45k for wisdom ores or 50k for a steel briggon, although the others seem possible (mlugia got 190k for his nakamaki drop).

If you don't have a store permit, I'm impressed. How do you go about selling things then? (I use Basil Market and Sleepywood - but those prices just wouldn't happen on either one as far as I can tell).
Also, how long are you planning on staying at level 50 for the party quest?

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 47 Fighter

PreacherMaple
Posted 5/4/2006 11:28:37 AM
I do indeed have a store permit, without one you are pretty crippled.

For fun I tried pricing the wisdom ores at 50K...not one sold XD so there is a decent market check in place amongst FM users.

I used Basil a bit to begin with, but the fact that the majority of Basil users are stateside means its pure hell to get up with them to make the trade, plus I have had people welch on deals and then immediately reauction the item!

I intend to finish my PQs on Friday I think. The fact that people are all going Bday quest crazy means the PQs are even emptier than normal. Its actually been difficult to find members to fill out a party.
I have taken to leading the parties and gotten a lot of compliments on my leadership. I think people WANT to be told what to do and reminded to do this/do that.

Plus the fact that I have gotten to pick and choose my party means a higher quality of members is maintained.

To be honest the number of scrolls I have accumulated is very much making me think about staying PQ level for a while longer. The grind just doesnt appeal at the moment in comparison...

---Sin - AggroJagg 50 - Windia

TelinArtho
Posted 5/5/2006 7:43:38 AM
Well, not much to update today, since I didn't play last night. However, the earring scroll did finish the auction at 1.2mil - so that'll be nice once I can get in touch with the buyer.

I'm looking forward to hitting level 48 tonight or tomorrow and to start working on power guard. I might make a game time decision to continue with rage however - we'll have to see how things go though.
So since I have nothing to update on - what about the rest of you? Anything interesting happen?

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 47 Fighter

No comments: