Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (4/5/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 4/5/2006 12:39:57 PM
Just as well that I didn't time that right... that last post really was kind of feeble...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 41 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/5/2006 12:57:13 PM
I'm so sorry Telin... I forgot new page starts on the 1 ;_;

One thing I'd add to your training notes is this: Time is a factor.

Kitties bunch easily on the platforms. I don't think Ticks/tick tocks do that nearly as well. If you add in the amount of travel time to hunt for new things to slash, you've already dropped your EXP per hour. Slimes may deal less, but if we can equate time to money somehow (doubtful), the extra time spent finding 29k slimes is simply not worth the less potion costs. Even if you find bunches of 6 slimes. you need 1 SB to kill 6, hence 60 EXP per SB. With Kitties, you can kill 6 in 4 SB, hence (6*65)/4 per set of kitties. And with TTs... They don't even bunch.

I like Kitties. A lot. The map is perfect for Warriors on top, archers on the basement level. Sins and mages go anywhere, as do bandits, and priests... well, they're priests >_>. It's really the map for one and all!

If you find that curse eye map I was referring to in Vic, please do detail your experience there, in terms of mobbability and dispersion of the monsters. Much thanks

TelinArtho
Posted 4/5/2006 1:02:10 PM
Kitties really do have a lot going for them...

And for the curse eyes, there's a few you could be talking about I think - but, looking at Hidden-street, I'll probably opt for Tree Dungeon, Forest Up North VIII and IX.

If I need to "spice" things up by having a variety though, I might try III (Curse Eyes and Fierrys) or IV (Curse Eyes, Cold Eyes and Fierrys).

In terms of slopes - just for future reference, Slash Blast works better on a down grade than an up grade - so if you're given a choice - look down the hill...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 41 Fighter

Slasher900
Posted 4/6/2006 6:33:23 AM
Telin if you dont slow down at all you will pass me soon btw Muffin Slasher316 is me I added you about 20 minutes ago or so maybe less not sure

---TrueMiroku lv4x Fizard [Scania]

mlugia
Posted 4/6/2006 6:57:03 AM
I hope you can fight your hangover and still update today

I had a productive night last night. I did the first easter basket quest easily (I had all the stuff with me anyways), so after I got the basket, I went back to pig beach to train. I bought a Black Master Surgent for 10k and a Green Bamboo hat for 7k, both decent deals in my eyes. Muffin repeatedly signed on/off last night >_> Internet problems, Muffin?

Pigs gave me pretty decent drops the last while!

All drops from Lv 18-22 now:

White Split dress (Lv18 Mage)
Orange Lolica Armor (Lv10 warrior, I think)
Diamond Ore
Gold Ore
5 Yellow Eggs
2 Double Axes (Orange Mushrooms)
Spear (I have no idea where I got it >_>)
Leather Sandals
White shoe things from Kerning with the +speed.
Red Skullcap
Brown Skullcap
Metal Axe

Man, I'm just raking in the hundreds with those kind of drops!

TelinArtho
Posted 4/6/2006 7:56:36 AM
Well, since I didn't play last night, I don't know how I'm supposed to do an update today... I'll do my best.

Last night was not very productive at all. After work, I headed to a Chinese food restaurant - which had decent fare. The drinks left something to be desired (I had a headhunter and my friends had scorpion bowls). We got to the pool hall around 7:30 or 8 and played straight through until closing (around midnight - it was a slow night). Drinks here were exceptional. I started off with a mudslide on the rocks and finished with several black forests. If anyone wants the recipe for a black forest - just ask. It is a great milky type drink.

The pool was, shall we say, questionable. First I should set up the relative skill levels:
I am the worst of the three of us, ranked a D tournament player (which is the lowest ranking in tournament play). I'm probably about middle to high in my field, but there's no way I can compete at the C level.

My friend from work is a middle to low B ranked player. The third of us, at one time, was a pro (above A) on the circuit. Since he's out of practice, he says he closer to a high B these days.
Over the course of the night, I might have won about 20% of my games. This doesn't sound too good - but at the same time - I'm very happy with it against these two players. Good times.
And Aerythn - I don't often get hangovers, and this wasn't one of them. The last time I did was a night of very heavy drinking and not enough sleep when my kids woke me up (New Years morning...).

Nice drops by the way. I survived on stuff like that for quite a while myself - get used to it - and stop being greedy...

So I've got a few new buddy requests to resolve when I get on eh? Wow - I feel popular...
Anyway, not sure how much I'll be on tonight, we'll have to see how things go.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 41 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/6/2006 8:07:10 AM
Ha ha, I envy you. My friends suspect I'm allergic to alcohol (I wouldn't know, I can't tell what's what) because my face turns really red after one shot of vodka, my heart pounds loudly after 2, and dizziness ensues. One beer is also good enough to take me out >_< I blame the asian in me!
I love the drops, really. Well, the two ores and the eggs. All the other things seem insignificant because I already went through this phase with Aerythn, except I never trained at piggies because by the time an archer can, he's better off at horned mushies.

So you had chinese food eh? Sounds tasty. I'm going to the Jays game tonight with a buddy, so I won't be on, probably. If I am it'd be after 11pm. Oh well, McDonald's for the win!

mlugia
Posted 4/6/2006 8:09:27 AM
Actually, I just read something on the interweb:

Flushing is not an allergic reaction Some patients will experience intense facial flushing after having even small amounts of alcohol. These symptoms are most common in those with an oriental / Asian background. Other side-effects of fluttering of the heart (palpitations, tachycardia), sensation of heat, headache, tummy discomfort or a drop in blood pressure (hypotension) are related to high blood acetaldehyde levels. Individuals with these problems appear to be partially deficient in aldehyde dehydrogenase, resulting in high levels of accumulated acetaldehyde.

I have no idea what that means...

TelinArtho
Posted 4/6/2006 8:26:46 AM
There was a time once when I was able to drink heavily. When I started playing poker seriously though that had to go, and then I had kids and despite that I still didn't start drinking again...

Not sure about the flushing thing, though I know of a few who've had similar issues. They just drank more though. The excerpt you posted seems a reasonable enough explanation... now I just need to find out what acet... whatever that is... (I never took Biology in school - opted for physics - so stuff like that is beyond me...)

Anyway, good luck at the Jays game. Who are they playing? Although I didn't watch the end of the game I believe the Red Sox won last night - which is nice. Too bad Wake got lit up the night before (he's always been one of my favorite players).

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 41 Fighter

Sp00kyMuffin
Posted 4/6/2006 8:31:54 AM
Seems I am having difficulty playing Maple Story:

When I get to the log on screen, I enter my details, choose world, choose channel and pick character...

Now when the screen goes black to load the location, Maple Story somehow "quits" and returns to my desktop. No error messages or anything, just quits.

Now, I'm currently checking my computer for virus' in case of something.

I'm lv18, 61%

Assassin_XD
Posted 4/6/2006 8:42:14 AM
Spooky, I had that trouble too on my old computer. I suggest checking too see if you have a virus, see if your computer maches the requirment to play MS, and make sure your computer isn't filled with information. And TelinArtho, I found a rare item at last! - although not as good as what you found I got a - Battle Shield ^_^, If anyone wants to buy it message me

---Windia - killa999999 - 3x AssassinAdd me now!!!

mlugia
Posted 4/6/2006 8:43:48 AM
Aww, Muffin, that's terrible >_< Maybe you should do a fresh reinstall of MS if all else fails?

Tel, they are concluding their three game set with the Twins tonight. They won 6-3 on Halladay's outing, then lost 13-4 last night (A grand slam by the twins to boot). Tonight, Chacin goes up against ... iono. I know we can win this! My expectations of the Jays this year is to fall below .500 at most 3 times. Preferably 1-2 or something like that, and then stay above it for the remainder of the season.

Wakefield... He's the guy with the nasty knucklecurve, right? Boston won 2-1 last night, so now it's Balt - Bos - Tor - NYY- TB in the division. (2-0, 2-1, 1-1, 1-2, 0-2)
And yeah, I gotta figure out what this means. One of my friends who I just talked to said it might be due to high blood pressure. Now I'm afraid >_< (I'm... overweight)

No comments: