Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (3/24/2006)

mlugia
Posted 3/24/2006 10:00:14 AM
Ha ha, sounds good.

My plan, after toying with the character creator thing, was to go Dragon Robe (They aren't too expensive on Basil) with blue bamboo hat for the oriental warrior look. Although the shield and sword brings it down, but Cutlus + Whatever shield still looks decent enough. I probably won't hit 35 anytime soon, but I can't wait to start shield/swording.

And I find all the armors pre-dragon robe to be pretty ugly, along with all but 1 warrior helm. This sounds like a prelude to disaster (Or eventually if I hit high enough level, bone helm)
Oh well, lunch calls! ^^

(14 year old bro-in-law? I thought brother in law = husband of your sister?)

TelinArtho
Posted 3/24/2006 10:32:28 AM
Quote:(14 year old bro-in-law? I thought brother in law = husband of your sister?)
Well, then what you call the brother of your wife? (applies both ways).

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 36 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 3/24/2006 11:19:46 AM
Oh, right XD
My bad >_<

TelinArtho
Posted 3/24/2006 12:39:03 PM
Ludi to me is a car wreck and a massive one at that.

As much as I don't want to look at it/get closer - I am nonetheless drawn to it. I am lured by quests that have rewards of things I desire, I am lured by promises of fast times and quick money. However, anytime I go to that place I am dismayed.

Part of this is that just about everything I've found is beatable at my level, but also very tough. Rats are just as tough as kitties, but with kitties, I can train on ~300 without using any potions other than what they drop. Despite the fact that the rats don't jump, I still seem to be having trouble with them for some unexplained reason.

I know that at level 40, I am going to want the armor for my level - it should boost my defense by about 20-30+ depending on whether I decide to scroll them or not. There's a level 39 quest that would satisfy gaining the top (granted an average one I would believe), but then I won't have to look around in the free market or try to get it off of Jr. Wraiths or something.
However, there's several quests that need to be done before that one - which makes it difficult for me to get motivated for it. In all honesty I could probably advance to 39 and then start working on them and still be done before 40, but I feel like I might miss the mark by a little.
And then of course, there's always that jump quest... jump quests are challenging to me - that's why I will always do them. However, that one is, quite simply, evil... having a time limit makes it all the more challenging. The best I did last night was something like 4 or 5 parts, but as I said earlier, it was mostly distraction of my kids that made finishing it impossible.

In other words, any time I'm actually at Ludi - I want to get out. When I am away, I want to go back...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 36 Fighter

Kittah4
Posted 3/24/2006 12:50:25 PM
I suggest you do the level 39 quest, Telin. THe top that wraiths drop doesn't seem to come out often, and its only a dex top. Str tops should help you much more.

I fought at Jrs for two levels, they dropped me 3 level 60 armors and 0 jangoon stuffs.

Thundon
Posted 3/24/2006 12:54:05 PM
I know you hate PQ but you should really get into that. With experience and knowledge, you can level easily via PQ. For example, I leveled from level 35 to level 38 just over the weekend. You just have to get into a good party with a good clicker, know tracks, just know the littlest bit of detail. As long as you finish the PQ, you can get a PQ reward which may be 100 blue pots, 10 elixirs, 100 white pots, or whatever. But I know you don't like wasting time, which may be the case in PQ, but I'm still throwing it out there.

Aeryn, are you still going to play your archer? I'm going to add you anyways. I do want to point out that I got a 60% 1H BW scroll (Bad reward from Jane's quest) and I can give it to you. I will just give it to David next time I see him to give to you. What's your warrior's IGN? Too bad my 'alt' warrior (level 28) is in Scania. Otherwise, I would join too.

---SwiftBacon - Member of the Omega Guild - Windia

mlugia
Posted 3/24/2006 1:26:08 PM
I'm still going to play my Archer, I plan to hit Lv 70 before... well... hopefully Christmas XD My warrior's level is really low, and I forgot his IGN (I modified it from a historical figure, but I forgot his name >_< It ends with -us...)

Let's have a ball next week If I can hit Lv 42 within 2 weeks (assuming I play my warrior evenly), I can start scrolling silver crows I've been saving money recently ^_^

TelinArtho
Posted 3/24/2006 1:33:04 PM
Well, there's a few problems with party quest. And some of this may or may not apply to the Ludi one in Windia - because I'm not sure how crowded it is. Not all of the problems stem from the PQ itself.

1. I have a limited amount of time to play and I usually need breaks at pretty regular intervals - some as small as 5-15 minutes. I am a parent first and a gamer about 40th. In other words, Maple Story is pretty low on my list of priorities if something comes up. On a given night, I might have 3 hours of time to play, but I can't guarantee that I'll have a solid block of time to do a PQ with. If I spend some of that block waiting to get into a PQ - and then 2 minutes in I have to walk away - that's annoying to me (because I could've trained much more in that time of waiting), and to my fellow party members (because I'm now even more of a hindrance to them).

2. The rewards, while good, are nothing overly special. I did the party quest in Kerning a handful of times and earned ores, a few potions, and two sets of earrings I've rarely used. I know other rewards are possible, but they are rare enough that it doesn't appeal to me much.

3. The rewards in terms of money are small. Unless you get a great quest reward or spend a goodly amount of time in the bonus, you will not earn much money from the PQ - and perhaps even lose a fair amount depending on your potion usage. The only time I've had to purchase my own potions were before the party quest in Kerning.

4. Getting into a party has been annoying and difficult. Several times I would join a party only to get expelled by a more "promising" character that could help rush or otherwise. Others would have random people move onto another map and then we'd miss the entrance because of it. In other words, it requires team work - but not everyone is willing to cooperate in lieu of getting a few xp while waiting.

I will be doing the Ludi party quest. I just plan on being more useful than I am now. At only level 36, I expect I probably don't have enough accuracy to do much within the quest - and if I can't contribute - why would I want to go?

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 36 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 3/24/2006 1:36:58 PM
Quote:I suggest you do the level 39 quest, Telin. THe top that wraiths drop doesn't seem to come out often, and its only a dex top. Str tops should help you much more.

I fought at Jrs for two levels, they dropped me 3 level 60 armors and 0 jangoon stuffs.

Yeah - I've pretty much decided I will do the quest. Relying on a drop is tough and slightly stressful. As to whether the top/bottom is dex or str is not a big deal to me. Having a slightly better accuracy is useful to me, and I use dex tops and bottoms now.

For Icarus' level 37 quest, I need to fight Jr. Wraiths for 100 tablecloths anyway - so maybe I'll get lucky in that short of a time.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 36 Fighter

No comments: