Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (4/11/2006)

mlugia
Posted 4/11/2006 7:55:47 AM
Feel free to delete Aerythn if you're looking to save buddy list space. I probably wouldn't be playing him for a long time while I get Aerylus up to speed. =)

Damn you and your 10% though

By the way, Bosox vs Jays today at 2pm! I'm gonna be watching it via yahoo gamechannel ^_^

TelinArtho
Posted 4/11/2006 8:06:47 AM
I'll probably open a new thread before it hits 500. Regardless, I'll probably extract all of the regular posts and stick them into my personal web page at some point (if I get around to it) - so that all of this thought process won't be lost.

I am keeping the helmet until level 50 - as the defense is still greater than the level 40 helm and I don't like the look of the level 40 helm (and getting it is a pain in the neck). That being said, I've started looking for a level 50 helmet - comparing prices and such, I just haven't found what I'm looking for yet. And no - I'm not tired of my current helm... 42wdef, 7 mdef and +2 acc from level 25 to 50 is a nice helm. Sure it could've been better - but that would've cost me a lot.

Its really too bad you don't play your crossbowman more. He would probably do really well with nependeaths and I've been inclined to fight them more and more lately. Bacon and I were talking about it last night and with the extra speed from haste that would be a real good screen for me - not much in terms of profit (unless I get a good drop or exchange), but decent experience and a decent challenge. In the end, I suspect we'll just end up at kitties again though...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 42 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/11/2006 8:11:01 AM
Well, I tried going for the flowers with xbow once, but their attacks are unavoidable, which made it difficult. It took me 3-6 shots of DS to take them down, I think, not worth training on.

I like my bamboo hat since the + dex boost is nice. But if I see a warrior helm in the near future that doesn't look repulsive (jousting), I might be compelled to buy one instead.

TelinArtho
Posted 4/11/2006 8:13:24 AM
If it comes down to it - I might delete him - but I've still got 2 spaces left (1 if I add GaleAxe), and there's easily 4 or 5 that I could drop for inactivity or just too different schedules (2 of them are in New Zealand - so they are usually online around when I'm getting off for the night - and at that only on the weekends).

And I don't know why you guys are getting all up in arms about my 10% successes - remember when I was scrolling my level 40 equipment: 1 60% worked on the top, 1 60% worked on the 1st bottom, 1 10% worked on the 2nd bottom - leaving me with 1 60% that failed and 16 10% that failed...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 42 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/11/2006 8:14:07 AM
Well, I went and had a look:
The Great Helms (35) look fairly decent. The Dukes (40) looks good, and the Orientals (60) looks extremely hot.

It's almost a motivation for me to get to Lv 60! Almost.

mlugia
Posted 4/11/2006 8:16:02 AM
Well, your 10% worked on a decent glove for Warriors. Glove scrolling is more difficult so most people do it with Work Gloves (15 Leathers and some mesos can make one easily, unlike YOUR glove).

With armors, you discard them as you level up. Gloves can stay forever. If you so choose anyways.

TelinArtho
Posted 4/11/2006 8:27:39 AM
Once upon a time, if my 2nd 10% scroll hadn't worked on my Burgernet, I would've upgraded at the level 35 helmet. Once the 2nd one worked though, there was no question.

I don't know if the dukes are out in global yet, even though hidden-street has the yellow one dropped by Cold Eyes. The level 60 helmets are nice - but that is still quite a ways off, even for me.

Its too bad on the nependeaths. Maybe once your page gets to 35 or more you'll be able to party with me on occasion. If I can manage to use more of my time for poker - catching up shouldn't be all that bad. I suspect I'll be on kitties for a while longer - if only on occasion.

Oh - and I'll be listening to the game on AM radio (since I can't watch streaming video while at work...)

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 42 Fighter

america head charge
Posted 4/11/2006 8:46:10 AM
I look back and I wish I could have done something like this for my character. It's really interesting to look back at the progress you've achieved. Good work and I'm glad you're sharing your experience.

Alright, **** off now.- AHC

TelinArtho
Posted 4/11/2006 9:14:14 AM
Just did a quick look on Basil for Crusader helmets and it looks like I'm going to be needing some money for that. 900k is the starting price for 2 on there (Silver). One of them is above average for both weapon and magic defense - so if I can scrape the funds together - I'll probably try for that. The auction doesn't end until Friday, but the bigger issue is that it ends when I won't be online - so if I am outbid - there's not much I can do about it during that span of 6 hours or so.

From memory, I think I've got about 480-500k between my mule, storage and my main character. I've also got four auctions open - all of which will end before Friday. Currently, only one doesn't have a bid on it; the other three total to 735k. That gives me some ability to purchase the helm, but at the same time will leave me close to broke. If I aim for this, I will definitely need to train on kitties until Friday since my profit there is outstanding.

The shouldermail pants I was looking at are now up to 270k and are out of my "willing to buy" price range. There's 5 or 6 other pairs up for auction now - just none as good as this one. I have plenty of time to wait though - for that matter I have plenty of time to wait on the helmet too.
I'm bidding on a couple of underpriced 60% 1-h sword scrolls at the moment. 50-60k for them is quite nice. The 10% scrolls up right now are absurdly overpriced...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 42 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/11/2006 10:13:19 AM
Yeah, the 1H BW scrolls are overpriced by far. 50k minimum is just ridiculous for a weapon no one wants to use. It's like selling 1H Axe scrolls >_>

Good to see you're going to pass the million mark soon. I have 100k right now with more on the way eventually. I love the extra HP warriors have. Even without using SB or PS I can take out monsters without worrying about dying in a few hits.

And unfortunately, I don't have headphones at work, and I have to get up to do photocopies every so often, so I can't even listen to the game. Oh well, I'll follow it pitch by pitch! (And be five minutes behind, I just know it)

By the way, some guy called Blizzaro or something is trying to buy as many 1H Sword scrolls as possible. He viciously bidded on all of the 50kish ones. Including the one you bid 25k for (It's now 50k because he kept re-bidding when someone took over and they had a 9 bid war... Freak)

TelinArtho
Posted 4/11/2006 10:23:57 AM
Just remember - any 60% 1h scroll under 100k is a win in my book. I'm only bidding on the 50k-70k range ones because they are "cheap." Blizzaros outbid me on one scroll already, but I'll just time the next one better...

1hBW scrolls should be easy to find cheap if you find the right desperate people. Sleepywood generally has them as offers or as 50k negotiable...

You might even consider putting up a 60% BW buying auction and price it for 7 scrolls at 25-30k a piece (of course, assuming you can dredge up the 2-300k by then...)

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 42 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/11/2006 10:42:39 AM
Heh, that would be a good idea, but I only need one more BW scroll anyways, so winning this last one for 16k is crucial for me accomplishing full scrollage for my mace. *prays that the 10% will work*

For some reason, 1H Sword scrolls are cheap recently. Buy them all if you can at 50k, and even if you vend it off at 100k to people like yourself, you made a nice profit. Then you can wait for the next sword scroll "sale" and buy more, since you have no use for a new sword until Lv 50 anyways, right?

No comments: