Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (4/5/2006)

mlugia
Posted 4/5/2006 8:07:32 AM
Congrats on the Lv up! I'm not going to use Aerythn for awhile, so I'm going to decline your shoes. I made Lv 21 last night with my Aerylus though, the viking sword rocks.

I watched the Jays game on TV last night. Roy for Cy Young, book it! I'm heading to the Thursday game with a buddy of mine ^_^

There's some sort of Easter event going on now, a golden egg nets you anywhere from 10-100k EXP as an exchange quest! (well, 1 egg per exchange...) What a deal! Hopefully I'll log on tonight and find a few... What even 10k exp would do for a Lv 21 warrior... Ha.

I'm closer to Lv 25 now, I'm starting to wonder if I should shell for the Red Triangle shield for 10 levels, or keep the nice looking Mithril shield for 15... Thoughts?

Oh, and 14 bucks in a span of how long?

TelinArtho
Posted 4/5/2006 8:32:11 AM
I've been going with every other shield for lack of availability (and not wanting to purchase in El Nath...). With Ludi more readily available though, you might purchase a Red Cross from there. Better off finding on in the Free Market. The Triangular is acceptable to get though if you find one for a good price. Since you have the mithril buckler, I wouldn't pay too much for it - though that's your decision in the end. The only thing I should add is that if you are going to be using a shield, you might as well get the most out of it that you can - which means having the best available. That being said, it is not always reasonable to do so - because getting anything higher than the battle shield can be difficult...

Yeah - I found out about the Easter event this morning. Since I'm a stickler for doing quests, I need to run back to Victoria to get the stuff for it (since I won't buy it from the Free Market...). Will slow down my training, but it should be fun. Plus - I can find out what copper drakes drop since those were fun last time... Luckily I didn't have to log off early for the patch, since I had already moved to poker by that point.

$14 was over the course of about an hour of real time (1 hour on 2 tables = 2 t-hrs). The rate is nothing special - but like I said, this is a limited bankroll that I can't replace easily. At my highest, I was making an average of $20/hr (sample size is a month) at it - so I'm a long way from that. Honestly, at this point, winning nights of any amount are more important to me than a single big score - if that big win is accompanied with small losses. This is because I'm more interested in maintaining a steady progress than deal with the stress of the fluctations at this point.

Its just as well that you aren't interested in the shoes. I think the ability bonus is only +1, where average is +2 - so probably wasn't worth even mentioning.

Actually - reading around it looks like I might train on Curse Eyes for a little while - half hunting for eggs, half hunting for Blackbull's Deed. Sounds productive to me...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 41 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/5/2006 8:59:51 AM
Ha ha, I hear they drop in Ossy too (ppl got some from yetis...), but Curse eyes sound better for sure. I heard there's a map where they spawn nicely, although it's sloped that it kills archers >_>

14 bucks an hour is actually better than what I make right now (although I am sneaking online, so I can't complain) as a co-op student.

Thanks for the shield advice. I might just stick with the buckler for awhile, unless I find I need the extra D. I notice the buckler + sergent saved me a lot of HP pots. Although fighting the ribbon pigs still hurts like crap. Should stock up on red pots or something.

I toyed with the build for Lv 30 a bit (going for 10 HP recov, 1 Endure. Different, huh?). At Lv 21, I had 9 PS (10 = +1 MP cost) and some SB with 1 point left. I stuck it in Endure since if I put in SB, +1 MP/HP cost isn't worth it yet. And Pig Beach has ropes over safe spots, so I can hang and go surf while I heal. I know, I'm brilliant *jk*

Sp00kyMuffin
Posted 4/5/2006 9:05:48 AM
Hi, Telin, I recently made a new magician out of boredom on Windia because a lot of my MS friends are there. I've decided to turn her into a 50/50 Cleric, one who can help people and go solo.

I was wondering if we could be buddies? I sent you a Buddy Request anyway, so you can accept or decline.

IGN: BLizzariaWindia---[MapleTip] Saying "cc plz" will give you herpes.

TelinArtho
Posted 4/5/2006 9:06:05 AM
My final build at level 30: Imp HP Recov (10), Imp Max HP (10!), Power Strike (20!), Slash Blast (20!), Endure (1)

I didn't pick up the 1 endure until level 30 and I've only used it a handful of times. I've got enough return scrolls though - a bench is only a click away... (and yes - I use them even from one screen away from the closest bench because of that... I still have ~150 of them...).
I know that the eggs drop everywhere - but I figured I'd do the stupid basket quest once too - something like 100 squishy liquids, etc.

Well, the money from poker isn't quite enough for a side job, in my opinion - it barely changes my lifestyle. The only difference it really makes is I am able to purchase more "frills" every once in a while - a nicer tv, a two day vacation here and there. Stuff like that.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 41 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 4/5/2006 9:12:00 AM
@Spooky: Sure - I've got plenty of buddy slots anyway - and you know SwiftBacon - so I get to have an even more connected buddy list... Even if I did run out of slots, I have 5 or 6 people I added for various trades that I haven't even seen on since the trades - so they would easily be dropped if needed.

I will probably be playing a little less in the coming weeks - probably an hour or so on nights that I play and 2 hours for poker (as opposed to 3 hours on Maple or 2/1). It'd be nice to catch up to Bacon in level, but I think making real money is more appealing to me right now...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 41 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/5/2006 9:29:15 AM
I'm sad that muffin didn't decide to buddy me too. Pages and Xbowmen deserve buddies too *cries*

TelinArtho
Posted 4/5/2006 9:41:37 AM
Well, its my log - perhaps Spooky didn't want to seem so forward...

In any case - Spooky - Aerythn is a great person to have on the buddy list. Not sure about his alter ego - the page... haven't met him yet.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 41 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/5/2006 9:44:07 AM
Haha, thanks for the vouch. You wouldn't find me anyways, I'm always training at places you wouldn't go near with a 10 foot pole at Lv 41

In any case, Telin, add Aerylus and we can still talk when I get online. I might play more tonight since nothing good's on TV.

TelinArtho
Posted 4/5/2006 9:50:26 AM
I don't think I'll be on tonight, or if I am - it will be pretty late. I'm going drinking and pool hustling with a couple of friends of mine, should be fun. If I am on tonight, expect me to be in a bit of a different "state" than usual...

I've got to come up with something informative to look at soon. I've been trying to start every page (per 50 posts anyway), with a useful and reflective post. The problem is - since the 5th page started me at level 39 - I haven't really done much to change things... sounds like I get to reflect some more on Mushmom - because I still can't get to her...

Actually, looking back - it seems I only did this on page 2 and on page 5... maybe I'm thinking too little about this then...

I'm sure I'll come up with something insightful...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 41 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/5/2006 10:00:54 AM
Ha ha, I find all your posts too mature for this board's antics. Few others here post in paragraph form, let alone concise arguments and such. If you wanted to reflect, how about reflection upon Overall versus Top/Bottom set at Lv 30 and 40? I looked at the Lv30 sets, the T/B will give you 58 WDef with 14 slots, while the Overall is 52WDef with 10 slots. However, the Overall allows scrolling for Dex or STR, which is potentially more rewarding than the 14 slots of extra defense?

I have no idea, I'm just throwing out an idea here. Don't worry about meeting me tonight, I'd take a guys night out over MS any day. Except Monday or Tuesday.

TelinArtho
Posted 4/5/2006 10:09:14 AM
I'm pretty sure actually that using overalls are better if you are trying to get the most for your abilities. A godly scrolled overall for dex can make your dex cap pretty low - which means your str is that much higher. One thing which makes the overall at 35 (the chainmail) better though is the 20 mdef - which would help immensely when fighting star pixies (if you do that like I do on occasion...)

That being said, if you are trying to tank it out (like I am), the top and bottom are better, hands down. Looking at the higher level armors it is more apparent:

Battle Road: 137 wdef max without scrolling.
Commodore Top: 87 wdef max without scrolling
Bottom: 76 wdef.
163 is much better.

However, I can't disagree with the people who choose to use the overalls. Being able to scroll abilities into them can make a big difference. If tops and bottoms get better scrolls (like the overalls), this would make the overalls less useful though - so I doubt this would change.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 41 Fighter

No comments: