Thursday, September 14, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (5/31/2006)

mlugia
Posted 5/31/2006 1:26:13 PM
Well, I sold the 4 int Arten for 1.2 mil, still have the other one, I guess I'll sell it when the time is right. This brought my money count back up to the million =D Then I spent 350k on a soul singer, for novelty value. I know, I'm a terrible spender ;_; 29 ACC, 61 Watk.

Should I try a 10% on it?

(I have 4 10% and 5 60%s on me atm)

mlugia
Posted 5/31/2006 1:32:55 PM
Oh, and I forgot:
I did a bit of testing with training. With icarus 2 (1.25 mil ;_ and a speed pill, here's some test results:

Hidden Trojan factory
0 minutes: 55.83%
10 minutes: 59.35
----------
3.52%
Apparatus room Tobo
0 min: 61.08
10 min: 63.99
-----------2.91%

Now, if I was smart, I'd have tracked pot usage too. But I'm not, so I'll have to do that I guess... Well, eventually.

Keeping in mind Tobo does drop things too, what do you advise, Dave? Am I almost strong enough for block golems?

TelinArtho
Posted 5/31/2006 3:06:24 PM
Nice job on the dark arten (btw - remind me to tell you about that the next time I'm online...). I kind of wish I had tried harder to get a good price on mine - despite it being below average...

Nice on the info about rates in those two places. I suspect you'd find floor 8 to be similar to a combination of Tobos and Master Robos - so try Process 1 Zone 1 (all the way to the left) and see how it is for you. If it works out reasonably - head down and see for yourself. I never did block golems for any length of time (except for the quests), so I don't have much info on them myself.

I would still take tobos over the trojans - but that's just because I like money... and not getting any drops is far worse than the difference between 3.52%/10min vs 2.91%/10min (which, over an hour is 3.66% difference - not that big of a deal). I spent most of my 40s between tobos and the disposed garden - so if you want to try elsewhere - I will gladly take notes about it.

Also, on the matter of moving on to block golems - I treat it much like Drake's Meal Table. Even though it might be a reasonable place to train - its accessibility is very limited. Sure - if you have tower scrolls - getting there and back is no problem. However, as a fighter, getting those scrolls is very much an annoyance. You can better spend your time fighting good trainable creatures instead of getting the scrolls.

That being said - if you don't care about money - buying the Eos Tower scrolls is an option that's there too. I just am too cheap for that when I consider Tobos a very good and solid training spot. And yes - I'm stuck in my ways...

I've got to go over to Ludi soon - so I'm going to recheck tobos and master robos at my current level while I'm there (I need sniper pills for those darned transformed yetis...). After that, I'm contemplating heading back to vic and camping out at Mushmom for a little while, just for a change in pace from Jetis.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 53 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 5/31/2006 3:59:22 PM
Well, is the lost guard quest repeatable to get more tower scrolls? I have 31 right now and I don't want to waste it if I can't get more ;_;

mlugia
Posted 5/31/2006 6:07:24 PM
So dave, I was feeling dangerous, and so I went ahead and...
http://img414.imageshack.us/img414/6139/nsscroll4br.jpg
Hi5 =D I can use this till 50! ^_^

KaOs_storm
Posted 5/31/2006 8:08:08 PM
Yes, you can make it once every 24 hours.

@ Telin:Well the thing about Eos tower, is that you camp there, you dont go up or down unless you actually need to, and when you're level is near the 50 's is better to change to hidden tower, more king block golems and rombot spawns make it a better training spot for those last levels.
Im currently in Jr Yetis, just cuz i need to adapt my strategy to that map (rounding up and slash blast them to oblivion.)

<~ Chriss ~>MS: Kaosslayer - lvl 4x Page - Broa - Guild: MalevolentSCO: Fenrir - ANI - I-Gear - Hovernmus

mlugia
Posted 6/1/2006 7:51:42 AM
Well, my MS luck hasn't ended yet...

I came home from class early today, and with a midterm in... 7 hours, I decided to relax. I ventured down Eos using scrolls and fought some block golems, not bad, they're easy but deal more dmg than master Robos...

I ventured a bit further to level 8, fought King ones, and they weren't bad. So I said, "Screw this" and went to fight Rombot.

How disappointing. The first rombot I fought surprised me, I just mashed pots and PS till it died. Then I channel surfed and fought a few more, got the hang on it, and then...

MITHRIL CRUSADER HELM Wdef 53 (1 above), M def 22 (avg), STR +1 (avg)

Yay. I'm set for Lv 50 at this rate XD

No comments: