Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (4/29/2006)

Assassin_XD
Posted 4/29/2006 12:52:46 PM
Well last night was very fun. I leveled up from 0% to lvl 36 due to PQ. My party leader is the best. We got in 3 times in a row. (amazingly, since at the end i had to clear out space for my prize) I added him to my buddy and today we did two PQs. Sadly, all my PQs today couldn't kill the boss ;_;, and without the bonus I'm going broke. Currently I have 2k in mesos(including bank) Well if anyone wants me for PQ, I'll be on later this afternoon. i'm also selling scrolls!

---Windia - killa999999 - 3x AssassinAdd me now!!!

GaMeR777
Posted 4/30/2006 8:51:59 AM
You need a 60% Sheild Def scroll? I might have one lying around... haven't been able to sell the dang thing. >_>

---Windia: ScarletWand Level 45 Cleric *Dead*Drum Level 54 Fighter *Very Active*

Assassin_XD
Posted 4/30/2006 9:16:10 PM
Ok, at night I tried to tackle Chronos for their history book and stars. So far I don't have any stars from them, but have 2 dex crystals, 1 lvl 40 Bowman top F (that I NPCed) Not much but I hope to have some stars by the end of this week!

---Windia - killa999999 - 3x AssassinAdd me now!!!

Maeiv
Posted 4/30/2006 9:52:18 PM
AT LAST, I have reached lvl 57.
>_>

---Maple Story IGN: StormCaliber (Windia)

mlugia
Posted 5/1/2006 6:51:31 AM
Hey Dave, I just moved back to university, and turns out my LAN cable in my room is busted, so while that's being replaced (And my keyboard seems to stop functioning too -_-), I'm not gonna be on in awhile >_<

TelinArtho
Posted 5/1/2006 7:30:48 AM
Busy weekend for me - and a poker tournament on Saturday night made it so it was much less about Maple Story.

On Friday, I had a little time online and managed to get myself up to ~80% through level 46. I was working in the Disposed Flower Garden - which is expensive to train in. Hopefully, with my level 50 equipment it won't be as bad, since I get a good boost in magic defense. Taking 160-200 damage from lunar pixies is a little on the rough side.

Near the end of Friday night, I had run out of hot dogs, so I went back to Ludi to work on some more tobos and possibly to PQ some more. However, once I got there, I didn't really have the time to PQ - so I just called it a night.

On Saturday, I had my poker tournament starting at 6:30pm - and didn't have any time to play Maple Story. It was a tough tournament, with a small field of 12 people. I ended up chopping the winnings with the first place finisher, taking 2nd place for myself. A decent win, money-wise, and the money will come in handy.

On Sunday, I didn't play much, opting to play poker for a good portion of the time. I was down for most of the night though, so I called it a night and moved back to my fighter to try to get him to level 47. I successfully accomplished that goal around 1am.

I got 2 good drops yesterday - first a 3rd set of average red-hearted earrings, and second a white guiltian (+2 matk, +18wdef, +52mdef). The avg. guiltians on Basil seem to be starting at 200k - so I might be able to get a few spots above that.

@Assassin_XD - what scrolls do you have to sell? I'm currently looking for top and bottom wear, shield, and helmet scrolls.

@GaMeR777 - I'll certainly take a 60% shield scroll off of you if you want to sell it. Unfortunately, I think they are vastly overpriced, so you might get a better price selling it on Basil. However, if you are inclined to sell it to me - I'll take it for 250k.

@mlugia - that sucks about the LAN problems you've got. Hopefully it'll get resolved quickly enough. Don't worry - I'm not to the point of deleting people on my buddy list so you'll still be there when you get back on. Keep in touch in the meantime.

@Maeiv - Finally 57 huh? I do seem to be catching up to you nicely, but I do have a small observation to make... I got to level 46 on 4/24 - so it took a full week of play to get 1 level this time. I suspect this will get worse as I incorporate more poker play in.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 47 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 5/1/2006 8:03:37 AM
Hmm - somewhat glad I checked Sleepywood for the Guiltian. Seems that completely average ones are being sold regularly for 500k - so it is a much better drop than I had originally thought.
I think I'll try to sell it on Basil for close to that amount, but if it fails to do so - I might move it over to Basil soon after.

Its a good thing that red-hearted earrings have such a good NPC value - because they just don't sell to people because they are so easily gained.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 47 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 5/1/2006 1:15:55 PM
Made some updates to the Ludi training guide that I've been working on. Finally took some educated guesses on the areas that I hadn't filled in yet. I guess it remains to be seen on how good of a resource it is.

I screwed up a few times today on auctions I was looking at. I bid on a 10% shield scroll, but someone managed to get a last bid in before it closed. The 2nd one I bid on turned out to not end until tomorrow. The third was a 1-handed sword scroll and I just missed the end time by about 1 minute when I remembered to go back to it.

Also, I got permission to reproduce Ewok's Training Guide on Game4Fans.com - so now you can view it without being a registered member of Sleepywood (or any other site for that matter).
There's a couple of 69 atk jeweled katars for 350k on Basil right now and I'm tempted to pick up a second one - in case scrolling on the first doesn't go as well as hoped. At the moment, I'm holding onto my funds so I can get a new helmet. I've made an offer on a mithril crusader - but the seller isn't too keen on selling it for the price I've offered (300k vs his original 500k). Still, it isn't as useful as a bronze or a silver - so I can't see paying that much for it.

There is a silver one I'm looking at but the auction doesn't end for a few days - so I have some time to watch that.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 47 Fighter

wdiablo2004
Posted 5/1/2006 1:26:29 PM
Looking good, I hope my training goes as good as yours is and I can scroll my armour and stuffs. Keep up the good work!

Also, if your 2.5Wdef=1 point deduction then mage armour is uterly useless at low levels, you might as well just buy 40 extra red potions and save yourself the energy. Thats my view on this subject and i've decided to just buy equipment every level that ends in 8 until its accually useful, but considering i'm only level 16 mage (nearly 17) its probally not useful anyway?

---MS:K-heshinihobo-level 20+warriorhushihobo-level15+mage

TelinArtho
Posted 5/1/2006 1:37:15 PM
I saw your progress as well. In terms of usefulness - yes Magic Armor is not very useful at all - especially if you are going to cleric with your magician. Bless adds some wdef, but also has a lot of other bonuses.

For magicians, it is less about making sure you take as little damage as possible as it is - make sure you don't die in 1-2 hits.

As much as I "tank out" my warrior, I still couldn't find room to add iron body to the mix where it would be good enough to be usable. Iron body would only be significantly useful in the early stages of the game, but there are better skills to max out instead. Later on, it would be useful in that you would save some money each hit you take - but I really can't justify giving up another skill for this one which costs MP.

Good luck in your journeys.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 47 Fighter

No comments: