Thursday, September 14, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (5/19/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 5/19/2006 8:09:18 AM
Thanks guys - glad to see that breaks are taken and progress is made respectively. @Preacher - I've got some thoughts about training areas - I'm still fleshing them out though.

I made solid progress last night - finishing off the last 12% of level 50 and gaining another 20% beyond that. I started off my night in the disposed garden during the last 15 minutes of double drop time and managed to get a pair of Star Earrings (NPCed), a Blue Lutia and a Red Bandana before the end of the 15 minutes. I was pretty close to leveling after that - so I just stayed there until level 51 was attained.

After that, I checked in on a few trades and got 1 or 2 of them completed. At the rate I'm going - I'm actually gaining 2-3 trades per trade completed - so I'm falling behind...

With the trading complete, I decided I would head down the tower, collect shellpieces for more scrolls (just to have a few extra) and finish off the Food for Moppy quests (I only need 300 more fish). I haven't turned them in yet - since I'll have to go back to Orbis for that - but its there for me when I'm ready. At level 51, the 300 fish goes by pretty quickly in the 1st floor of Orbis tower.

Moving over to El Nath, I continued to fine tune my method of attacking jr. yetis. I'm getting better at mobbing them - but I tend to take more damage this way and use up only slightly less MP when compared with using Power Strike. It'll get better once I've got a rhythm down. In any case, I didn't die - which is always a victory unto itself.

After taking a short break to trade a kismet to a guildmember, I returned to the first jr yeti screen and found another fighter there. Instead of changing channels, I decided to go one more screen and try out hectors. I can't say they were too tough - but they definitely were more costly that jr yetis were - so I'll probably stay away. It did help that after the 5th or 6th hector was killed, I got a pair of Red China Pants. Unfortunately, they have no luk bonus so they will likely be NPCed (unless someone picks them up while they are on auction).

I have tentative plans to return to Victoria this weekend and get Jane's quest done. Before I do though, I think I'm going to give Big Cats a try first - they seem to be in the same domain as Hectors - so they warrant at least a try for a little bit.

Exploring these other areas is essentially trying to work through the "questionable" period - where my "new" training spot might not be entirely great yet, but my old spot isn't so good anymore either. Not that I don't like the disposed garden - I've made quite a bit of my 4 mil just on that screen...

After I get Jane's quest done I'm planning on checking out Drakes again (or rather during - since I need stuff that they drop), mostly to get the rest of the dragon skins I'll need for my second Gold Brist. If I don't end up needing the second one - I can use the skins for other equipment later on.

I might even move on to do the Cursed doll quest, if only to get the scroll from it. I don't need the helm anymore - so unless I find it to be very good training - I probably wouldn't stay that long.

I think at this point in Ludi there's only 2 areas that would be reasonable for training - Process 1, Zone 1 (Master Robos) and Floor 8 of Eos Tower/Hidden Tower. I do enjoy fighting master robos - but getting down into the tower - without tower scrolls is a pain in the neck, so I won't likely be heading down there. If I do, you can be certain that I'll do the scroll quest on my way down...

Lastly, I want to give Tauromacis a try - so that'll be along with my jump deep into the dungeon. And I suppose I might go kill mushmom once too...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 51 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 5/19/2006 9:47:18 AM
I just checked my numbers and it looks like my absolute maximum powerstrike (with rage activated) can now exceed 2k and slash blast can now exceed 1k.

I'm very much looking forward to taking jr. yetis down in one swing (with FA activated). I feel it is a nice goal to set for myself right now - that will be met in the next few levels.

Finally got a price check on Sleepywood for my current boots - 5-600k I was told. Sounds good to me - I've put less than that into them so it will be profitable. I'm still waiting to trade for my new Hildon boots though - so I'll put them up on auction once I receive the new ones.

I should probably get a price check on my dark briggon too - 10% from dex and attack. Of course, I'm still balking at the price of glove attack scrolls... so I don't know when I'll actually get around to scrolling up the brist(s).

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 51 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 5/19/2006 11:21:04 AM
Boo yah! Someone just auto-won my new buying auction for glove attack scrolls. I had one up earlier this week for 4 10% glove scrolls with a start of 2.2 mil and an auto-win of 1.7 mil - but no one bid on it. I put this one up for 2.4 mil with an auto-win of 2 mil and within minutes someone has taken it. I can only hope that the person didn't misread it.

Assuming the bid is real and I'm able to trade it - I should have a decision on whether or not I'll need to move to my second brist.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 51 Fighter

Thundon
Posted 5/19/2006 3:19:48 PM
David, I really want to party with you. Grinding alone is boring. The only problem is that I usually have something to do when you're on, and when I am free, you're not there. Hopefully I don't have anything to do tonight. I have like 30% right now, still level 51 (for like a week now) and it seems you're going to pass me.

Well, see you in game.

---SwiftBacon - Windia:

Slasher900
Posted 5/19/2006 10:04:22 PM
David may I suggest that you put up a "BUYING" Gold ores auction for however many say 5 or 10 and have the starting of it be at 10k per so say for 10 gold ores 100k as the first part of buying just a suggestion because sometimes it can go lower ---u mite wana hav them go into the dungeon 4 sum reason..... maybe hav an even badder @$$ed balrog thats been haxor-fied ~~wpm2005

Assassin_XD
Posted 5/19/2006 11:12:40 PM
I have gold ores if you need some 2 or 3, I'll sell it for 9k each. Sry, I couldn't play today, if you need it, I'll be on tomorrow at my usual times.

---Windia - killa999999 - 4x AssassinAdd me now!!!

TelinArtho
Posted 5/21/2006 5:18:14 PM
Thanks guys for the offer - I don't need the gold anymore - I bought 90+ from a guildmate for a very reasonable price. In any case, the only thing I need now are glove attack scrolls. As many of you know, I finished Jane's quest last night and was blessed with a 60% atk scroll (just sved me 2 million), and since I only had to buy ~50k worth of stuff to finish the quests - I think that's a solid profit margin...

Bacon - don't worry - we'll party again soon I imagine. What are your plans for the summer months? My schedule pretty much stays the same - since I'm well out of school and have a set schedule at work (for the most part...). However, if the summers open up time frames for you - we might be able to coordinate better.

Anyway - just stopping in quickly - see you all later.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 51 Fighter

Thundon
Posted 5/21/2006 9:40:51 PM
Well I don't know my schedule for the summer but it will be better than mine right now. I have like 1 hour to none to play MS. It's been kinda hectic with final projects, testings, birthdays, and stuff.

I still can't get over the fact I couldn't stay ahead of you :P nice job

---SwiftBacon - Windia:

Slasher900
Posted 5/22/2006 12:02:35 AM
David I did some research on Weapon Defense here is what I got ok? dont go crazy on me for it being crappy but its the best I could doDavid I hope this helps some -smiles- I was bored so I did this let me know what this does.. also you know I am a level 48 Fire/poison WizardH= horny shroomG= green shroom

0 Wdef
65-67 damage from Horny shrooms
55-57 damage from Green shrooms
-----------------------------
5 Wdef
64-65 H
54-55 G
-----------------------------
16 Wdef
59-61 H
49-51 G
-----------------------------
21 Wdef
58-60 H
47-50 G
-----------------------------
37 Wdef
53-55 H
42-44 G
-----------------------------
54 Wdef
48-51 H
36-38 G
-----------------------------
74 Wdef
40-44 H
29-32 G
-----------------------------
104 Wdef
30-34 H
20-22 G
-----------------------------
115 Wdef
27-29 H
16-18 G
---

mlugia
Posted 5/22/2006 8:43:49 AM
Wow, dave you're fast ._.
I was re-reading the earlier parts of your log, since I'm at 41 and found out you did pink/brown teddies at that time... And with the cakes now, I guess I'll stay at Kitties till later =P

No comments: