Thursday, September 14, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (5/15/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 5/15/2006 8:45:51 AM
Busy weekend again, but I got a decent amount of playing time in. Add to that I managed to play during the adjusted time for 2x exp on Sunday - and it made my progress a fair amount better.

First of all, as I posted earlier - I made level 50 on Saturday. My face is now exposed with my new helm and I think the new armor looks pretty good. Unfortunately, scrolling hasn't gone too well:

Top: 7 10% failed
Bottom: 5 10% failed, 1 60% failed, 1 60% worked
Helm: 4 10% failed (3 slots left)
Gold Brist: 1 10% atk failed (4 slots left)

17 10% scrolls in a row have failed. I will probably try to finish off that gold brist with 10%s and see how it goes. If it doesn't go well, I have all of the materials for a second brist - so I'll work on that after with 60%s.

I started in on Jr. Yetis on Sunday after gaining 24% during the 2x exp event in the disposed garden (also gaining a 2nd set of mokbis, a 2nd blue-lined kismet, a red bandana and another drop that I'm forgetting about at the moment).

Jr. Yetis started me off nice and easy with a transformed one about 10 minutes in. I ran away back to El Nath to regroup (it surprised me a bit), but then went back to face it. It was after this encounter (where I died...) that I decided to put Sniper pills on a quick key. Since I have made that change, I've now faced 4 transformed yetis - and done fairly well. They do hurt quite a bit - but they aren't too bad with the sniper pill on.

I haven't timed my exp earn rate there, but I have made sure that I'm netting a profit: 7.5% was 32 unagi and 69 lemons (works out to be 56k) and I brought in 65k (not including the sellable soft feathers and leather they drop in addition to exchange items). I've gained ~30% on them (well, 39% since I died once...) and haven't gotten any equipment drops yet - but that will come in time. I've also done my first 6 exchanges for the skins and I was satisfied with those rewards (though no scroll...).

I might head back to the disposed garden for a little while though - despite the fact that I'm satisfied with the progress at jr. yetis. Jr Yetis, while good, don't have very much variety and the presence of those cakes severely diminishes the benefits of fighting on tougher creatures. If there weren't any cakes, my profits would be higher just because I tend to PS a cake when it gets in my way and sometimes an attack will target a cake when I wanted it to hit the jr yeti. I can't ignore the possibility of getting a glove attack scroll though - so I suspect most of my time for the next few levels will be fighting the hairy cold things.

I think I'll also need to do huckle's quest a few times too to make sure I have enough rock scrolls. Nothing would frustrate me more than being at the bottom of the tower and need to walk up (though going down is not a big deal).

I am also no longer the 2nd highest level character in my guild, as my guild leader has been doing some recruiting - so we have a few mid 60s and a couple in their 50s. I actually partied with a level 63 fighter at jr. yetis for a few minutes and he showed me how to mob them up pretty well. It was a little unnerving to see him chased by 10-15 jr yetis, but we took care of them quick and easily. I did think it was funny when my first two attacks showed more damage than his first two - but since he's a 2-handed axe fighter - that was quickly fixed after that.
I also partied for a short while with Bacon and the screens become much better with haste on. I might invest in getting my snowshoes up to a reasonable speed bonus because of it.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 50 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 5/15/2006 10:50:51 AM
Also, it just occured to me that killa and aerylus should party together since you both are at kitties right now. The combination of SwiftBacon and I at kitties helped me get through the 40s - so it would be similar for the two of you. Just a thought.

After much deliberation, I have put up my first buying auction at basil for 4 10% glove attack scrolls. I'm hoping to get the 4 of them for 2mil even, but even for the highest price there - I'd be willing as long as I got them all at once.

If the first brist doesn't pan out or if it is not at least +6 atk, I'll just keep on using my briggon until I get the second one and enough money to purchase 60% scrolls. I've still got Jane's quest to finish - so with any luck I might be able to get one from that in any case. I've also really got to start stepping up my efforts on selling things through Basil - as I'm slowly bleeding equipment over to my mule. The problem is I usually start the auctions while I'm at work - but I don't always remember to write down the stats of the items before I come in. I should really start the auctions when I get on at night - but then I'm too busy training... its an endless battle.

Regardless, I try to include buddies and guildmates on my items before they go up for auction - as I would rather see them benefit. Most of the stuff I've been getting lately is simple archer stuff (2 blue lined kismets and a green lumati, 2 brown pierre shoes, dark hunter top, etc). I just thought I would mention it here - since I had a guildmate bid for an item on Basil that he could've simply asked for had he seen me pick it up.

At some point, I've got to go through my inventory and just get it all listed out, so that asking for items from me is much simpler.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 50 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 5/15/2006 10:54:52 AM
Hey Dave, best of luck crafting that attack glove! I'm actually in Ludi right now, but if Killer (what's his IGN?) wants to party, I can return to Orbis. Ludi's more convenient since I'm waiting to finish a few trades, and the rats are roughly equivalent of kitties minus the solid horns. Though it is a bit more entertaining so far, change of scenery and all...

Almost Lv 40! (45%, but who's counting)

TelinArtho
Posted 5/15/2006 11:09:17 AM
Sorry killa is Assassin_XD above. His IGN is killa999999.

I trained with him on and off from the mid-to-late 20s and early 30s. After that I was leveling too quickly for him - but he seems to be keeping pace now.

Also, remember if you train on Latz, you miss out on the exchange quest. How else are you going to get piles of processed wood? (just kidding of course)

Seriously though, I never really liked fighting Latz - they just ran me over too much. That being said, I think I tried them around 35 and never really went back - so it may have been for that.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 50 Fighter

Dark_V0id
Posted 5/15/2006 11:43:20 AM
Blog all this and support the Maple Blog Ring idea.

---oDarkVoido 5x Sin (Broa) PROUD MEMBER OF HAMMERTIME Guild

mlugia
Posted 5/15/2006 12:44:28 PM
Ah, awesome, I'll add him when I next get on.

To above poster: Dave's been blogging for longer than your blog ring idea has been around... And aside from this, he also posts this in another forum, and is working on a site for his blog too.

Assassin_XD
Posted 5/15/2006 8:10:01 PM
Sure, mlugia, I'll add you, but I won't be able to plat on Mon.-Thurs. for a very long time(till summer)

---Windia - killa999999 - 3x AssassinAdd me now!!!

mlugia
Posted 5/15/2006 8:35:38 PM
GROUNDED!

lol, That's ok, I'm in Ludi right now smacking latz, black latz and Trixters around. (20 omok pieces and counting!)

No comments: