Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (4/19/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 4/19/2006 7:15:54 AM
I've got six or seven outstanding auctions that I'm trying to get resolved - some as much as a week old now. I just left feedback for one because although he arranged to meet up a certain time - he never logged in at that time and its been over a week at this point.

This is the first series of problems I'm having with Basil - previous to this I think I was blessed to have quick and easy trades.

As to last night, I didn't play much because while on my way home last night, with both of my kids and my wife's little sister in the car - my tire blew. What's worse is that it was my spare, since my regular tire blew on Friday and I hadn't fixed it yet. So essentially, on the way home, I was pretty well stranded...

By the time my father was able to pick us all up and fix up dinner for the kids and go out and replace the tire on my regular wheel and change the tire... well, it was already 10pm and I hadn't even had dinner. And this was after a bad day at work too...

Anyway, I took out my frustrations on panda teddies and tobos and master robos for a short while before trying to get into a party quest. The first group was hopeless, being led by a level 35 spearman, and me being the highest level. One character was a HP warrior of 39th level. That was interesting - but really she only slowed us down - though she did okay against Alishar until our level 37 cleric bit the dust...

After that I got into another nice party and we had a nice track, but right before we got in, the leader expelled me to get someone else. After that I decided to just call it a night. Back to my bad experiences with party quest...

All told, I only gained about 10% last night, but since I didn't play for too long, I think that's a fine amount to gain. In the coming days I'm going to be ramping up my poker play (hopefully), because I could use the extra cash from it and because it is a better use of my time. I'm not quitting mind you - just making Maple Story a bit of a lower priority. In theory, this should slow my progress down enough for Spooky, mlugia and Assassin_XD to all catch up to me.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 44 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/19/2006 7:28:55 AM
Somehow, I think it'd take Muffin about 3 days to catch up to you >_<

I finally hit 30, and you were online, so you knew. The martial artist suit looks kinda funky with the Vernon gloves. I'll do the page test tonight. I'm at crossroads here, with my first point as a page.

The way I see it, I won't be touching a sword till Lv 35 (Cutlus), so Mastery technically won't affect me till then. (Good idea? Bad idea?) I have 3 ways to go about putting SP points:

1 - Either Sword Mastery, Final Attack (Sword), or Threaten30-36 - Sword Mastery
With Mastery, I get Lv 19 at Lv 36, otherwise I wait till Lv 37. With FA, I.... have a 2% chance of doing a free hit for 6 levels. With Threaten, I get to show off

Ok, so I guess Threaten isn't that useful. With my xbowman, I put off mastery till 37 (1st into IA, and then at 17 mastery, one point into IA again, and then 2 point into mastery at Lv 37).
Decisions, decisions.

mlugia
Posted 4/19/2006 7:29:20 AM
Also, sorry to hear about the car >_< How long is that going to put you out of commission?

TelinArtho
Posted 4/19/2006 7:41:08 AM
I got the car all set up last night - so that's fine (as long as I don't get another flat... knock). The $100 it cost me right off the bat is going to be tough to swing this month, but I think we'll be alright.

As to your first point, go mastery. You want your accuracy "fixed" as soon as possible, since throughout your 30's you shouldn't be putting points into dex in order to wear the dark briggon at level 35. One point in threaten isn't going to do much and you can't get FA until level 3 mastery I think. I wouldn't be surprised if after a few levels with your mace that you find you have a hard time hitting certain things - so pay attention to your accuracy.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 44 Fighter

Sp00kyMuffin
Posted 4/19/2006 7:49:44 AM
I'm trying to get Grace to lv22 right now who is currently level 21, 34%. I want to use the Balanche because it looks cool.

After that, I'll try and get Blizzaria to level 33 - Wiz Wand and Amoria Set, ^_^;; And then I will try and power level to 35, because of PQ and the sexy Blue matty Skim gave me, lol.
Sorry about the car, hope you get everything back on track.

---gMS, Windia: Blizzaria, lv3X Ice/Lit Wizard

TelinArtho
Posted 4/19/2006 11:34:05 AM
Just won another 10% shield scroll auction - that makes 4 of them... now I just need to get them so I can use them...

I also just found an auction for a 1-handed sword stimulator - which according to Hidden Street isn't dropped yet. I'm placing a bid mostly to find out what the seller got it dropped from. Has anyone seen one dropped yet?

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 44 Fighter

PreacherMaple
Posted 4/19/2006 3:17:40 PM
Small achievement today I made it into the top 1000 thieves. 995 XD

---Sin - AggroJagg 4X - Windia

Slasher900
Posted 4/20/2006 4:55:47 AM

finally made level 46 today and Telin sorry to hear about the tire that would totally suck for me also goodluck with your poker playing I hope you win a big one and do well so things go back to being easier for youAlso yea I notice that person thats leveling faster than you I am keeping my eye out on him so if he passes me before you he is gonna see me ranting well bye for now everyoneoh and in some other news I had a 10% scroll work on my green starlight that makes it a +2 now

---TrueMiroku lv4x Fizard [Scania]

mlugia
Posted 4/20/2006 6:37:40 AM
Congrats on making top 1000... I'm still... very low since a lot of hackers are warriors >_>

Nice on the 10% on your starlight. I got a 10% BW to work on my fusion mace (55watk, basically = an above average Cutlus with better speed and less mastery!)

So I advanced as page last night, and played a little (Went to orbis for Jr sentinels. SO. EASY :O Then I logged off to write my work report... Which I didn't start at all. Wow. I'm so fudging lazy.

PreacherMaple
Posted 4/20/2006 6:44:24 AM
Congrats on the advancement, its going to be a long road

I found as a warrior that I levelled well (and fairly peacefully even on Scania) at the connection between perion and sleepywood. It has dark/dark axe stumps and boars/fireboars. I went there around 32 I think.

The sentinels I think will be too slow for you to make any real levelling progress, the money is good though

---Sin - AggroJagg 4X - Windia

mlugia
Posted 4/20/2006 7:34:19 AM
hmm. Now you're making me want to go back >_> Well, I got the History book on the ship on the first try! (I haven't found it yet on like 10 on my archer), so when I head back there sometime to finish the quest, maybe I'll do that. Once I'm strong enough to own Evil Eyes, I'm sure that'd be the best levelling area with such crowding in their cave and the chance of a Cutlus (or so Dave says).

Oh well, no time for maple until I finish my work report... (I fell asleep starting on it last night... gotta start sometime...)

No comments: