Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (3/10/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 3/10/2006 9:31:56 AM
In my last post, I had mentioned that I was going to post a training guide for the areas that I trained in. However, since that time, I have actually found a decent training guide that covers just about all of the areas pre-ludi. Its on Sleepywood (account required)

It is a useful guide for warriors since it pretty much comments on all of the screens of Victoria island and Ossyria. I highly recommend it.

On to my progress:
I've been battling a cold, so despite plans to go out last night, I ended up calling it a night after work and relaxed at home with a little bit of Maple. I had one goal last night - to finish up the evil eye tails needed for my level 30 boots. I needed to collect in the order of 160 of them - so I set to work immediately.

Things were going pretty well, and I took a break for dinner, going away from the computer whilst I healed. Someone came up to me to offer a cutlus and apparently felt that I must NEED it - because he offered it to me for the "bargain" price of 100k and it was average... yeah - sure buddy.

Anyway, I continued on and actually was well on my way to level 32, when I misjudged my hit points and ended up falling to the attacks of the evil eyes. A pity too because it had become a secondary goal to advance before the end of the night as well...

I was down to my last 10 tails when I was blessed with a cutlus drop - 51 att so a little below average - but still not bad. My gladius is +1 with a 60% scroll - so its 49 att and +1 str. I would imagine the cutlus is better for damage, but I'll double check in the damage calculator to be sure. Its still a few levels before I can wield the cutlus anyway.

According to the calculator - the cutlus should be at 147-287 versus the gladius +1 which is 142-278 - so there is a difference, but not a big one. If I don't find anything better along the way - I guess the cutlus is my choice.

Beyond that I don't think I had any other significant drops, though I did get a trade to go through - the 60% sword scroll (which obviously worked) and a 10% helmet scroll (which also worked). My helm is now a +3 42 def, 7 mdef, +2 acc helm. It has removed my need to upgrade to the Great Brown helm in a few levels, and it gives me that much better defense right now.
I also met a new buddy to add to my list - he pretty much just wants to buy my red triangular shield off of me when I'm done with it - and I'll be happy to do so once I'm using my battle shield. I'm still hoping for a better battle shield by level 35, but so far nothing has turned up.
I made a decent amount of cash last night - so I'm sure I'll be back to buying more scrolls soon. And yes - it has become apparent to me that I'm officially a scroll junky...

I did manage to level up to 32 at the end of the night - which I believe opens up another Icarus quest (Icarus's Hang Glider) - and I've got all that I need for that except the stirge wings - which should be too much trouble.

Last night - just before I was done, I also was approached by a level 18+ magician, asking me for leaves. I responded that I usually sell them for 100 a piece and how much did she need.
She flew into a rage, calling me a loser and cussing me out. Amazingly enough - she didn't take the time to defame me (which I expected she would). I don't know why she was so up in arms about it - I've sold plenty of leaves at 100 per - on the sole reasoning that it takes more effort from me to get them and sell them than it would be for her to just buy them. She's the first mapler who's been overtly rude specifically to me. If she didn't like the price, she could've countered or something. Oh well, no skin off my back in any case...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 32 Fighter

No comments: