Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (4/23/2006)

Anima Zero
Posted 4/23/2006 7:14:57 AM
Please do keep up the good work Telin . I enjoy reading all of your updates. I'd join ya on Windia...if I had a character there. My 2 current characters, a lv40 Cleric and a lv20 Fighter-to-be, are both on Broa.

Heck, I'd like to start a character on Windia...though it'd be slow going early on, considering that I'd make a mage. If I got it to lv30, took Cleric job, then I'd be in pretty good shape. That would take me some time unless I got a small amount of mesos, but no big deal really . I could do it unfunded again.

Preacher: I took a look a Sleepywood. No such luck there either for what you're looking for, sorry.

As for your other questions...

I'm pretty sure 10% jump scrolls add +3 DEX. Not quite sure about the 60% jump scrolls though.

You can't get dex onto a hat, but I think 10% helmet scrolls for DEF add +1 accuracy, so that might be something to think about.

Hope that helps.

Assassin_XD
Posted 4/23/2006 7:38:01 AM
Telin, nice job! Hope to see you kill mushmom soon. BTW, I think I can hit her now, at 1 dmg a shot ;_;

---Windia - killa999999 - 3x AssassinAdd me now!!!

PreacherMaple
Posted 4/23/2006 8:29:37 AM
Thanks Anima.

Only reason I asked after the hat dex was I'd only need to get 2 onto a green bamboo.
The FM on Windia has no dex snowshoes for sale at all and I'm just not in a good enough position meso wise to give the shoe scrolling a shot

I need my slain first, I should have enough for a good one, 35-38 attack would be my aim. I'll have to keep levelling but hold off assigning AP.

---Sin - AggroJagg 4X - Windia

Sp00kyMuffin
Posted 4/23/2006 8:43:10 AM
Started a new character, called her CosmicCat. After I got to level 10, two warriors both level 30+ helped me out by giving me some weapons and White Gomushin. Which was really nice.
I plan to get her to level 15? by tonight.

Anyone can add her: CosmicCatWindia of course! =P

---gMS, Windia: Blizzaria, lv3X Ice/Lit Wizard

PreacherMaple
Posted 4/23/2006 8:48:41 AM
How many characters is that now Blizz? 0_o

---Sin - AggroJagg 4X - Windia

MooMoo321
Posted 4/23/2006 9:45:38 AM
I'm pretty sure 60% adds 1 DEX.

With that said, I've seen 5 DEX shoes go for 5 mil straight.

PreacherMaple
Posted 4/23/2006 11:28:46 AM
5Mil? Uggh.

I'd only need to get 2 onto snowshoes if I wore a green bamboo. Perhaps I should do the shoes as a scrolling project...

---Sin - AggroJagg 4X - Windia

TelinArtho
Posted 4/24/2006 7:46:34 AM
Well, a productive weekend overall, even though I fell short of my goal I set on Sunday.

As planned, I did a few PQs before returning to Orbis to collect Nependeath seeds. For those who claim that defense doesn't make a significant enough difference, chew on this:
I collected 300 seeds and 100 star pieces over the course of using 70 white potions and 70 lemons. All told, with my just-under-3k hp, I took approximately 23000 damage at a rate of 70-80 at a time. For someone who doesn't have as much defense - for example the level 43 character that Preacher has and using a factor of 2.5 wdef=1 damage reduction, Preacher would have taken (with only an 87 wdef) ~50 more damage per hit. At that rate, to collect the same number of seeds, he would have taken almost 40000 damage. In other words, instead of 70 white potions, he's moved up to 74 hot dog supremes. What's the difference? Assuming you bought the potions and hot dogs in Ludi, that's almost 20k mesos. That's a pretty short period of time to be making that much of a difference in my opinion.

And if someone would like to argue that the 2-h sword wielder would take less damage, take this into account. I outright killed a nependeath in 1-2 power strikes (if FA activated - almost always 1, if not, always 2). The times I got hurt were mostly when the nependeaths were too close together that I'd be attacked by 2 or 3 at the same time.

Also, I'm pretty comfortable saying that nependeaths are a fine creature to train on. I know a lot of people don't like them, but that just means the screens are pretty sparsely populated. Add in the possibility of a decent scroll from the exchange quest and already decent item drops from star pixies (panlid) and the nependeaths (korean fans) and you can make some serious cash. Of course, that being said - you need to get to a point where the majority of the nependeaths don't get a chance to attack you - so speed and damage are of the utmost importance.

Anyway, back to the point, I went to Victoria and got through to Mushmom and had a (small) hand in defeating her once on Saturday and once on Sunday - both times I earned in the vicinity of 160xp - so not much help on my part. I'll try it again in a few levels, because fighting the iron pigs weren't really worth the effort. I could use PS to kill them pretty quick, but over the course of the wait time could go through all of my MP recovery items in that time. The pigs themselves deal only 1 damage per hit - so that's of no concern - so I just sat there and attacked regularly to keep the spawn flowing.

I spent a little bit of time on Fire Boars and an even smaller amount of time on Copper Drakes before I decided to head back to Orbis to get more Nependeath seeds. On Sunday my guild wanted to get together for a video so I went over to Ludi - took part in a screenshot of the members online - but then I had to go because my kids were up and looking for attention. I'm told they had a grand time getting spanked by Gatekeepers - I guess I'm glad fun was had by all.

On Sunday night, since I was in Ludi already, I went back to Master Robos and eventually to Party Quest again and had a couple of bad experiences right off the bat... what a difference a random party makes versus a hand-picked one of friends... Anyway, I'll be back to robots until I can get into one of the good groups again...

I didn't quite make it to level 46 on Sunday - ending the night at 80% or so.

TelinArtho
Posted 4/24/2006 7:46:59 AM
I did get some nice drops this weekend, including an above average fish spear, an average Red Shouldermail top and a couple of minor things like a blue napoleon from PQ and a Mithril Buckler.

On Basil, I've resolved all of my previous trades almost, selling the 51att korean fan for 380k and the bow scroll for 210k. The Polearm scroll finished this morning at 200k and last I checked the crossbow scroll was up to 85k - though that should be ending soon I think.

@LilBornZ - mlugia answered your question - but essentially anything under 100k is good for a 60% and under 50k is good for a 10% in my opinion for 1-handed sword scrolls. The more scrolls I have in stock, the less I'm willing to pay for them. Right now I've got 7 60% already, so I've dropped to 80k pretty much.

@Preacher - about floor 8 - I had a hard time down there - and I'm not sure exactly why. I'll have to visit again since it has been a few levels, but in order to do so, I'll have to get more tower scrolls. Still, master robos and tobos are easier to get to (and get out of - remember I have over 100 return to nearest town scrolls...), and while the drops are difference, the occasional dark arten or jeweled katar is still very useful for building cash.

At last check, I'm pretty sure I'm pushing 2 million now, which gives me some room to work with on more "chancy" adventures. For instance, out of the 3 10% shield scrolls - all of them failed - blech. I'll keep plugging as I get them though. Even if it doesn't improve, the level 60 shield is something I can look forward to.

Oh and anyone who finds a character by the name of "ClericMage46" - fame him. Nicest trader I have met so far. Not only did he trade quickly with me, but when the scroll failed, he gave me a steel plate and a bronze plate as consolation and then offered to heal me since I had to come to El Nath to trade with him.

Well, that's about it. Good luck to everyone this week.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 45 Fighter

No comments: