Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (3/29/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 3/29/2006 8:49:13 AM
I started last night with about 75% of the experience needed for next level. After my first run, I was able to hook up with SwiftBacon and party at kitties. He only needed ~4-5% to advance, so we finished that off. Then we worked on me - but eventually he had to go. At about 94% though, I pressed the wrong key for healing, then hit a spot of lag and managed to get myself killed. Lovely.

So anyway, I did finish off the level before the server check. I also traded in 6 sets of solid horns, getting blue potions, orange potions, processed wood twice, and return scrolls twice... I had around 50 stars from star pixies so I decided I would finish those off before heading back to Ludi - gaining some more blue potions from the effort.

It was about 12:30am when I was done - with the server check starting at 1am. I quickly purchased a ticket to Ludi, boarded and waited. And waited. And waited. Apparently I had chosen the wrong channel - because this was one of the trains that wasn't moving. In the end, I just logged off and called it a night.

I got another Luk Crystal last night as my only significant drop. Overall, the kitties just weren't very satisfying - so I'm glad for once to be moving to Ludi again. Level 39 now, so I can spend some time doing some quests that are open and hopefully advance to 40th while I'm there.
On another note, I did a quick inventory of my various ores last night - mostly so I know what I need to get for various upcoming quests (most significantly Alpha Platoon's Network - which requires several plates):

43 Adamantium
48 Bronze + 1 plate
4 Gold
25 Mithril
17 Orihalcon
43 Steel + 1 plate
33 Silver
30 Amethyst
8 Aquamarine
1 Diamond
23 Emerald
20 Garnet
48 Opal
23 Sapphire
28 Topaz
6 LUK
2 Power
1 Wisdom

For Alpha Platoon, I need 2 Orihalcon Plates (need 3 ores), 2 Sapphires (all set), and 2 Adamantium Plates (all set) - so I'm almost there with those.For the secret book, I still need 9 diamonds, but I'm not too worried about finishing that quest any time soon. I plan on getting the rest by redoing Shumi's Lost Sack of Money until I get enough. Hopefully that will also build up my stock of gold and start some on Black Crystal.I think that's pretty much it for ores that I need - so I think I'm doing pretty good. While I'm in Ludi, I plan on checking what I can make with my one-handed sword manual and what ores and such I'll need for them.

I am amazed at how much of a difference it makes to train with haste up - and for that I really appreciate training with SwiftBacon - even if the haste duration isn't overly long.

Does anyone need any return scrolls or Processed wood? I've got way more than I know what to do with... (crickets?)

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 38 Fighter

Armand BZ
Posted 3/29/2006 8:57:18 AM
The lost guard quest is repeatable like Huckle's quest.

mlugia
Posted 3/29/2006 9:01:00 AM
Ha ha, I was waiting for you to post again. (I'm addicted >_<)

My new char, Lv 13 as of last night, would love scrolls, but he can't leave Vic anytime soon I obtained a copy of Elders Scroll: Oblivion, hopefully I won't drown myself in that in the next few days, I want to level up ;_;

I'm this close to Lv 41, but my main target is 42 for Aerythn, since then I can switch to Silver Crow, which I would love to scroll if I can find scrolls for it >_<

Congrats with the crapload of ores. I have lots of bronze, but nowhere close to your orihalcon XD Maybe I should do some quests for the 60% xbow scrolls.

TelinArtho
Posted 3/29/2006 9:07:16 AM
How many return scrolls would you like? I've got in excess of 130 of them I think (I started using a few to get from Road to the Garden back to Orbis...). I'd like to get them down to one slot at least... When I get over to Ludi - I can meet you in the Free Market - it will be the first thing I do when I get on later (maybe not tonight though, incidentally).

Its funny that you comment that I have so many Orihalcon - because you have to bear in mind how many I used to upgrade my helmet back in level 25... I think it needed 4 or 5 plates for that...

Its good to hear that the Lost Guard quest is repeatable. I have a feeling I'll be teleporting a bit through the tower in the next few days - so it'll certainly help.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 39 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 3/29/2006 9:09:17 AM
Ha ha, so these return scrolls, are they for Orbis or Vic? If it's for Orbis, I could always get them for Aery and transfer Aery's Vic scrolls to my page.

*sigh* If BW doesn't suck so much at stabbing, I'd be scrolling billions of them.

TelinArtho
Posted 3/29/2006 9:13:54 AM
These are just Return to Nearest Town scrolls. Usable in any place except Orbis Tower/EOS Tower (I've tried in both...). But they are usable all over Vic, In Ossy outside of the tower (near El Nath or in Cloud Park, etc) and in Ludi (in the Toy Factory for instance). I thought they'd be pretty useless outside of Vic, but I have used them from time to time.

Honestly, since you already have the BW scrolls, you might as well use blunt weapons during the first job. Since damage is already all over the place until you get mastery, you might as well benefit from occasionally one-hit killing with the high range. Just a thought.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 39 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 3/29/2006 9:36:33 AM
Probably will. I might stick with a Fusion Mace until Lv 35 for the Cutlus that way. I have 2 60% 1H BW scrolls (One from Jane's quest on Aery's acc, poor me) so I could scroll Fusion to last me a good while

Thundon
Posted 3/29/2006 10:59:21 PM
Hey, I'm glad you enjoyed my small haste. It was only level 6 when we partied, therefore it only lasted 60 seconds. I know it's duration is very short at the time, but when I max it, it will last 200 seconds with max speed and jump. It takes a while to get used to Haste's effects, but when you get the hang of it, you can use it to your advantage.

When I leveled to 44 that night David, I put it to 9. When I get to the next level, I will only put it up to 10 (half-maxed) so I can work on booster, which can help me shoot/kill faster, and probably drain. When I don't party with you guys, I just Ludi PQ anyways, and having maxed haste can be troublesome for people (since you have to maneuver around alot). If you really want me to get it's duration up, I guess I can raise it past 10, because I can work without booster for a while anyways.

I was really glad of our PT too. My main concern was how much money I was getting, to cover my potions. It all ended well since I was getting the same profit except it's faster. The EXP:Time ratio stayed the same I think, but it was more consistent (i usually take unneeded breaks) and time seemed faster. I would probably do it again, if we somehow log on again at the same time. Right now, I'm wondering what monster we can train on after we outgrow kitties.

**Hey spooky, I haven't talked to you in a long time. How's Khaini? Do you guys have a guild yet? I heard groin and fallcor (he's in khaini?) were fighting. I left Judgement since a friend invited me and it didn't seem like Judgement guild was going somewhere. ExRain was supposed to stay but he hasn't came on in a long time. Anyways, soren quit his mage and started Zephir, who eventually joined Omega too.

---SwiftBacon - Member of the Omega Guild - Windia

sgtshark
Posted 3/29/2006 11:10:32 PM
uh sorry to jump on the mushmom discussion a little late but mlugia, i can solo mushmom pretty easily at 42, it takes a while I guess but i was in no danger of dying. a level 55 bandit came and tried to KS me, but I got 1st shot at the drops, which was nothing special, just a spore.

No comments: