Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (4/28/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 4/28/2006 6:49:17 AM
Well, in my question I was inferring that no matter what - your opponent and yourself would be all-in preflop. Since I didn't specify that though - yes kings would be better on the sole factor that your opponent would be more likely to go all-in.

Okay, here's the answer why to my question:

Kings. Since kings and aces share the same straight cards, the kings have a slightly worse chance of winning against the aces - unlike the pocket sevens - where all of its straight possibilities are exclusive of the aces.

The actual percentage difference is pretty small though: if the aces and kings share the exact same suits, the aces have a 82.36% chance of winning, and there's a 0.54% chance the two hands will tie. If they don't share suits, the aces only win 81.06% of the time, and they'll tie 0.38% of the time.

Against sevens though, the aces only have a 79.69% chance of winning with a 0.26% chance of a tie if they are of different suits.

I hope you all gained something out of this. Look for another poker-related question soon.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 46 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 4/28/2006 7:07:54 AM
@Yanksfan - as mentioned, the star pieces were really a side effect of training and trading in nependeath seeds. The seeds may turn into an Earring scroll, as mentioned already. Also, since I'm actively looking for honey - that's another "millions"-making drop to worth with.

Well, as planned, I returned to Ossyria last night. I did spend a little time at tobos during which time I apparently angered a guild-member enough for him to quit. After I had used up ~5 mana elixirs, I decided I would head back to Ossy and after doing so, I started back up on the nependeaths.

A couple of trades went through last night - my fish spear and my polearm scroll brought in some wanted cash. For tradeins, I brought back 100 star pieces and 200 nependeath seeds - and received in return: 20 processed wood, 30 processed wood and 15 white potions... yippee.
I didn't get any drops last night of note - so while I made some money - the amount was pretty negligible. I think I'm sitting on a solid 2.2 mil now - and trying to decide where to spend my money next.

I should have taken a screen shot at the beginning of the night, but it didn't occur to me at the time:

While doing one of my trades, I had someone ask if they could buy my shoes - a bowman actually. So I sat and thought about it to myself and put them in the trade window. While I was typing up that I'd want 1mil for them (mostly because I'd have to replace them - not because I thought they were worth that much), she says: "OMG, those are worth like 1.5 mil..." tells me she can't afford them and says "Wow" about half a dozen times... before closing the chat.

I hadn't really thought my boots were worth too much - just a 10% jump, 2 100% speed and a 60% dex I think (with one slot left) - but apparently she thought otherwise.
Anyway, I'm also looking for price checks on my cutlus (63att, +4 str) and my burgernet (42wdef, 7mdef, +2 acc). Not really sure where to price them - since they are both lower level, so curious what others think I could get for them. I'll be holding onto them until level 50 anyway (perhaps more for the helm if I don't get a crusader helm by then).

I think I earned about 15% last night overall, putting me a little further than half-way to level 47. Tonight, if I play, I will try out the Disposed Flower Garden and see how it goes.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 46 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 4/28/2006 9:47:27 AM
Well, it looks like the original 453-post thread has officially been purged. For anyone who might want to find it - you can go to the link in my sig.

By the way, I've been working on the archive to clean it up a bit without doing too much removal. Just little formatting tweaks mostly.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 46 Fighter

MooMoo321
Posted 4/28/2006 10:51:32 AM
The main thing about your shoes is the 10% Jump.
It added 3 DEX, which is worth a lot, considering 5 LUK shoes are worth millions and DEX is next to LUK since thieves use them both. You can get more if you get a good buyer.

Also, 60% DEX added 1 Accuracy, in which Accuracy goes to warriors, because 3 DEX usually equals 1 Accuracy.

There is much value to your shoe :P

mlugia
Posted 4/28/2006 10:54:14 AM
Hey hey Dave. I'll have some fun with my scrolling project first, but if that doesn't pan out, I'll scrap some money to buy your Cutlus from you =)

TelinArtho
Posted 4/28/2006 11:06:49 AM
Hmm - I must be wrong on what has worked so far:
Base Stats of a Blue Jangoon:

24 wdef, +2 str, +20 mp

Mine also has +1 dex, +1 avoid, +2 speed, +3 jump

So it looks like 1 60% jump (+2 jump, +1 dex), 1 100% jump (+1 jump), 1 100% dex and 1 60% speed.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 46 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 4/28/2006 11:13:08 AM
Well, you are certainly welcome to it. The cutlus has served me very well thus far - especially when combined with my +3 atk from my briggon. In terms of cost, I'm trying to come up with something reasonable and fair.

The base cutlus cost me 60k. 1 10% and 6 60% scrolls cost me a grand total of 600k or so (little bit less than that.

However, only 4 of the 60% worked - so I'm thinking maybe in the 3-400k range. For you - maybe less. Give it some thought and figure out what you are willing to do. If we can meet on a number - we can make a deal.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 46 Fighter

PreacherMaple
Posted 4/28/2006 11:20:59 AM
I've been having some fun, actually fun, with my Sin now I'm 50. I've been PQing, which is great and easy now that the states have all finished their break.

You get the odd party that is lazy, lags out, argues. But on the whole I've fell in with some good players.

Much like David I have taken to driving when it gets to stage 8 and take box 5. Although buddy/party chat can make it a little confusing XD

So far I'm very pleased with my damage to Alishar, hitting well up near 2000 at times. 1337 damage on one star anyone?

I do find it a bit spooky when a person does not speak or otherwise communicate at all in almost 3 hours fo PQs. the leader of a majority of the afternoon PQs switched my empty kumbis for his full ones, which was nice, let us get right back into the PQs with the minimum of misses and re-fueling stops.

Didn't get too much of value, a couple of heart earrings both above avg, a pair of skulls, and a black nap.

But it has been fun, well more fun than grinding. Plus the confused questions of people that watch me go off to die on the rats on the 100th floor between PQs is always amusing

---Sin - AggroJagg 50 - Windia

TelinArtho
Posted 4/28/2006 12:20:46 PM

So mlugia - how have you found your income in the 30s so far?

I was just working on the archive and found this post from you:

Quote:mlugiaPosted 4/6/2006 9:43:03 AMHeh. I have a question. How's your meso income in the 30s? I really don't like the looks of the Traus, so I was thinking of, if possible, buying a load of Cutluses and scroll till I get a 10% working, etc.

Maybe a good time for you to reflect on things. Just a thought.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 46 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/28/2006 12:38:55 PM
I must be doing it terribly wrong, but I'm barely making anything right now (Gladius isn't very strong either, I must have been spoiled by the fusion mace), constantly hovering the 600k I have...

As for a price, I'm not sure yet, But I'm leaning towards 400-500kish, all dependent on how my scrolling goes, so let's see what happens there. I got a 10% Shield scroll off a ribbon pig the other night, that's about all my good drops recently.

TelinArtho
Posted 4/28/2006 12:44:39 PM
600k is about what I had through the 30s whilst occasionally purchasing scrolls - so I think you're doing fine. Plus - you are still in your early 30s. At 35 - when you can start doing kitties - your money skyrockets...

If you need some extra cash, I'll buy the shield scroll off of you - though you'd get more for it from auctioning it normally. You might be better off using it on your own tower shield when you get to 40 though.

400k looks like a good number to me, so we can go with that (unless someone else speaks up and wants to give me 1 mil for it... (jk)). Of course, I need to get to level 50 first...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 46 Fighter

Slasher900
Posted 4/28/2006 9:37:53 PM
I gotta say atleast I was right (points to his answer for the poker question)

---TrueMiroku lv4x Fizard [Scania]

No comments: