Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (4/10/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 4/10/2006 7:55:25 AM
Another busy weekend playing - so I got a lot of stuff done, even if I only managed to make it to level 42.

I came over to Ossy to fight a variety of things for quests - Nependeaths for the New World quest, kitties for a few solid horns, star pixies for star pieces and lunar pixies for moon pieces. The last of those tore through me - so I didn't stay long at them.

I needed to gather 50 nependeath seeds for the quest and during that time I managed to get my second Korean Fan (54 att, +5 acc, +5 avoid) - so that was great. Nependeaths are nasty though - though I take them down in 2 PS as long as one FA activates. If they hit me with their ranged attack it was ~100 damage. Nasty stuff.

Fighting kitties, I got a drop of Light Scorpio Pants, but I found out that they are below average, so they will probably just be NPCed - especially since they are a quest reward. Still that's 70k I wasn't expecting.

And then, fighting Star Pixies I got a Panlid drop - so I had a nice drop weekend obviously.
Oh - and I did compile another screenshot with my items pasted in. I didn't include the stats of things that are unimpressive (like my top and bottom (1 60% on the top in 7 slots and 1 10% on the bottom in 7 slots - bleh!)). I also didn't include the stats for items I included before.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm slowly starting to use BasilMarket a little more. I've now got my gladius +1 up (60k is the current bid) and my Aluminum Baseball Bat (no bids yet, but I just started it). Later on today I might put up a few other things I've got laying around.

I've pretty much decided to upgrade to a tower shield, mostly because of the added defense and abilities from it - so I'll likely get one today or tomorrow - depending on how the auctions work out.

I'm also putting bids on a pair of shouldermail pants that are way underbid. I don't need them yet, but if I can get them cheap now - well that's just good.

On Saturday night I managed to get to level 42, so I did the Alpha Team communication quest (60% jump scroll for boots - nice (and it worked...)). I also went back to Victoria and did Icarus's Flying Pill to get my nifty new Icarus 2 cape! Aerylus - enjoy my cape while you can - hope it serves you well.

For the Icarus quest, I had to kill a bunch of Wraiths, so I decided to go through Shumi's B3 a couple of times to do it. All things considered, I don't think that jump quest is that bad and the rewards for redoing it are decent. I received 2 diamond ores and 2 black crystal ores from it - so before I head back to Ludi or Ossy - I'll probably do that a few more times to gather stuff for the Jeweled Katar.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 42 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/10/2006 8:05:04 AM
Thanks a bunch for your cape. The +1 dex helps my acc a bit. Even at 43 DEX (40+3), I still can't hit bubblings perfectly. At least I finished that quest...

I'm thinking of skipping the Lv 30 shield, so I'll have to get working on finding a red Triangular shield to take me to 35. (The 30 ones are retailing for too much on basil, IMO) Congrats on your drops though. All I got this weekend was a 10% shoe jump and some golden eggs (3k exp in total >_<) I haven't been playing a whole lot though, my youngest brother was over this weekend and I was watching Numb3rs. (Up to ep 12 of 17 now! I'm going to be extremely depressed when the season's over...)

Honestly though, the Lv 25 skirt is ugly I can't wait for the Lv 30 robe, or the Lv 35 chainmail. Or both, I guess, I just won't scroll the 30 one. I also have a 60% Top def scroll, if you're interested, from Sabitrama's jump quest.

I'm not sure if I should continue to level up (25 now), or do some quests. My fusion mace is +2 with 3 slots left, and I'm bidding for 2 60% and a 10% on basil. Can't wait to see if I can get it to hit at least 50 watk. (48 right now).

Jays lose last night. Thank god I benched Halladay, or else my ERA would have been spiked.

TelinArtho
Posted 4/10/2006 8:23:30 AM
You still have the 33def Battle Shield right? If so - then I think you have to skip the level 30 shield - so yeah - get the Triangular one as soon as possible. I'm looking at 300-500k for the Tower Shield, but I'll probably keep it in preference over the skull (depending on my mood though...). If you don't have that shield, you can use my crappy 34 one (with a few slots used up) or my 33 one (clean). I'll probably put up the 33 wdef for auction/sale soon.

For the topwear, I don't need it right now - but I tell you what - I'll trade you straight up for my 60% crossbow scroll. You come out ahead there - but that's no biggie. Finishing up that mace should help you significantly. I didn't take note of your damage at boars - how are you finding it?
I just checked my hit percentage against Mushmom and it seems that without a pill, I'm at 6% and with it I'm at 18% I think. Just a couple more levels before I make an attempt at her life...
I think my next target is to scroll my cape. Haven't decided which way to go with it, and since I'll likely be using it for a while I want to give it some serious thought.

One option is to fill it with mdef. Not a popular opinion I'm sure, but it would help in my quest to kill Star/Lunar/Luster pixies as well as a number of other things. This would also be pretty cheap to do - but it would kill the possibility of selling the cape later.

Another option is to go with either str or dex. The latter would help out in the accuracy department and the former would help a little in the damage department. Out of those two, I think I'd rather the extra few points in accuracy. Of course, this route is extremely expensive - so I may not be able to fully scroll it until later.

I've got about 800k in cash right now and probably another 1mil+ in sellable/auctionable items (2 fans, panlid plus more).

As to baseball, the Red Sox are now 5 and 1 - so they're doing quite well for themselves. Hopefully that will keep up nicely.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 42 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/10/2006 8:44:44 AM
The xbow for top scroll trade sounds fine. Well, I come out ahead, so there's no way it sounds bad >_> I still have that 33 shield, so I'll use that when I hit 35. It doesn't look that bad either.

On cape, I'd go DEX, but that looks expensive. Same for STR, but less so by a slim margin. Personally, I'd just keep it unscrolled until later when you can afford to scroll it at once. 800k = a lot of other things, but for +2 dex, it's not worth it.

I think DEX/STR is really a toss up. If you scroll for DEX, then you get to increase STR a bit more at Lv up, and vice versa. Unless you plan to stop using the cape eventually and scroll the next one with something else, then that's a different matter.

No comments: