Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - archive (3/6/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 3/6/2006 10:03:44 AM
Busy weekend for me, but I still managed to find time here and there and then my usual from 9pm until whenever.

First off, I managed to make the 2nd job as I had hoped. I haven't read much about the advancement test, but I died in my first attempt and managed to finish it in my second. The only recommendation that I can give is to bring plenty of potions for both HP and MP. For someone who doesn't normally use them (I usually go back to town to rest), it felt a little wierd burning through them.

I made the advancement late on Saturday night, so when I logged in on Sunday I decided I would go and check out Ossyria and its wonders. I climbed all the way down the tower and was amazed at how simple the Jr. Sentinels were and how powerful the regular ones were. I was hoping to finish Huckle's quest while I was there, but the only Ice/Fire pieces I got were from other people who left them behind. If I get my Magic defense up to a reasonable level, they might not be so bad - but the ~100 damage per hit is expensive. Leatties and Dark Leatties weren't too bad, as long as they didn't hit me either... it just shows me that I need to upgrade my armor... Jr. Pepe's are just unhittable at this point, so they'll have to wait.

Anyway, so I made it all the way to El Nath and was disapointed - especially since I had to climb all the way back up. The entire trip was pretty expensive for me, especially when you consider that I barely earned any experience except from the occasional leatty and the frequent Jr. Sentinels. All told, I got about 15% over the course of 4 hours travelling.

So, with my tail between my legs, I went back to Victoria Island to advance some more and to formulate plans for killing Jr. Neckis so I can get my better boots. I put a few 100% dex scrolls on my gloves to give me a bit better accuracy (yes - a waste of 105k...), and so I'm now hitting them at 21% of the time. Before I went in, I managed to rush through 2 party quests which helped my experience a fair amount and hurt my wallet a little.

Into the sewers I went and managed to kill off ~10 neckis for a total of 3 skins... only 47 to go...

And before you ask, no - I'm not buying them... (at least not yet...). I can't see paying 1-2k per skin (47-94k) so I can get boots that I almost have all the materials for. In fact, that may be what I end up doing, since I would still need to hunt the curse eyes as well - and at that point I may already be level 35. I need to check my inventory of ores and see what is open to me.

Oh - and I capped off my night by appearing on a screen and getting assaulted by Crocos that decided to eat me. That's the first time I've died in a while. Anyway - I think I'm at about 60-70% to level 31. At that point, with my boost in accuracy from mastery, I'll be hitting neckis 28% of the time - which is far better.

I also was a little careless with my money this weekend, dropping my nice 400k down to ~150k - so my options for purchasing scrolls and such is once again limited.

Current goals:
By level 35, I want to find a better battle shield (I currently have a 34 def one - I'm just hoping for something better - Axe Stumps)
I want a cutlus (again hopefully an average or better one that I take off of a drop. I'm hoping to not have to buy one - Horned Mushrooms and Evil Eyes)
A suit of crusader chain mail (hoping for blue for the dex bonus - but any one dropped will be used most likely - Evil Eyes, Leatties)

I'm also warming myself up to boars and fire boars. Boars are little risk at this point - steady experience and if I make selective use of power strike or slash blast, I can get by for quite a while in Land of the Wild Boar without too much trouble. Fire Boars are a once-in-a-while opponent to see if I can nab a set of shoes for Arwen. If the screen isn't too mobbed - I can get by on them for a while as well.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 30 Fighter

No comments: