Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (4/14/2006)

Thundon
Posted 4/14/2006 8:52:08 AM
Well I have 2.3 mil right now (i can NPC stuff to get a couple more hundred K's) and the well scrolled slains (35 attack for 4 mil, 36 attack for 5-6 mil) are above my budget. I found a 27 attack dark slain that I can buy for 1 mil. So I can buy 2 60% right now (500k each average) and scroll that. As I get more money, I can keep on scrolling it. This way, I can get my slain right away and scroll it myself. And if I get 5 of them to work, it would be 37 attack, which I can sell for 8 mil or probably more since it's dark.

David mentioned that there's like a 40% chance 5 of them will work. But I'll be screwed if less works since I'll be spending 3.5 mil total on scrolls.

This is so hard to decide. I mean, I'm planning so early since I'm only level 47. I could find more better ideas, offers, deflations on scrolls and slains, and positively more money. But if I don't act fast, I may not be able to find a chance like this. *sigh* I think I should just stick with my break...
---SwiftBacon - Member of the Ebilness Guild - Windia

TelinArtho
Posted 4/14/2006 8:54:14 AM
I don't know if I can answer that for you Bacon. Here's some thoughts - mostly questions because I don't know how much claw stuff costs.

1. Are you going to be satisfied with a +1 Slain?

When I bought the scrolls for my cutlus, I told myself if it didn't work I'd keep the cutlus until level 40 and then scroll a traus. I blew ~600k on the sword scrolls (7 of them) and another 20k on my sword. Claw scrolls are much more expensive and I have no clue how much a slain costs.
Assuming you had the money to scroll the slain yourself - would you be okay is only 1 or 2 scrolls worked - telling yourself you'll just upgrade at the next point.

Or do you have enough cash on hand to scroll 2 or even 3 if the first one or two doesn't get scrolled well?

If you use 60% scrolls, on average you'll end up with something that is +4. If you have the money to do so, I would say - go for it - if +4 is what you are looking for.

That being said, if you want something that is better than that - or even using 10% scrolls - I'd probably say try to buy it pre-scrolled. Of course, if slains are easily accessible and if you have a bunch of 10% scrolls on hand to "start" the slain with - you can go that route as well.

2. What other equipment are you in need of?

This goes back to how much are you willing to spend. When I scroll my level 35 sword, I already had all of the scrolls I was going to use on hand. I also wasn't planning on upgrading my armor at the same time.

How long are you planning on keeping the slain? How well will it resell if you scroll it yourself and only get +1 or 2 over 7 slots? Are you willing to eat that loss of money? How well will it resell if you buy it prescrolled? (in other words - are pre-scrolled slains in high demand?)

That's where I would start. Hopefully that helps some.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 43 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 4/14/2006 8:56:01 AM
Of course, I can go rombot hunting on your break - and maybe I'll get lucky...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 43 Fighter

PreacherMaple
Posted 4/14/2006 8:59:22 AM
You need to look at the benifit of the pre-scrolled slain.Are you going to stick with it for a while? How much do you make, give or take, per level from meso drops? Are you likely to be able to afford a new slain if your scrolling project tanks and goes wrong?

Unless you have major funding scrolling projects tend to be a *bad* thing

You may pay what you feel to be a bit more for a pre-scrolled item, but you are paying for the definite stats it has, you know what you are getting for you money.

I'm still killing roll-o-ducks and pandas for the exp and mesos (figuring they pay out better than kitties), just wondered where you levelled late 30's early 40's. I really need to start accruing some money.

I have a couple of average dark pilfers and a blue one, whats the sort of going rate for them? Do you know?

TelinArtho
Posted 4/14/2006 9:12:33 AM
How much are you hurting for accuracy or for the extra point in LUK?

The 60% scrolls only add +2 attack and +1 accuracy - which isn't enough of a benefit (in my mind), to justify scrolling a claw with 60%. Of course, if you need more accuracy (like a fighter would), the story would be completely different. I guess I'm just assuming your accuracy is better than a fighter though.

If you put 100% scrolls throughout - compared to a +5 60% - that's only +3 weapon attack difference (and +5 accuracy). Since the difference in cost between 100% and 60% is so great (70k vs 500k right?), I would suggest just 100% scrolling one.

Another possibility is trying to get one started with a 10% scroll and then finish it with 100%. This would work if you already had the materials to fabricate 2 or 3 slains or if you had the option to buy a few available.

Remember though - I'm only talking out of thin air here - all theory. If that extra +3 attack is worth the ~3mil difference in scrolls and you are willing to take a chance on it - go for it.
Of course, if accuracy is needed more than I am guessing at - the picture changes as well.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 43 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/14/2006 9:35:15 AM
Pfft Theory

Congrats on getting into a Guild, man. What's it called? If it's something like xxaishfbfgoshbdfxx then I take it back

PQing sounds like pretty easy exp if you can get in :O Maybe I'll boost my dex to 80 around 45 too... It's 40 now though >_>

Oh well, 50% to Lv 28.

TelinArtho
Posted 4/14/2006 9:41:57 AM
Well, I still don't like party questing too much. Bear in mind that I spent a goodly amount of time waiting and although I had a reasonably good party - that is definitely not the normal range...
Also, going into the party quest essentially cost me money since the leader got out after the bonus before I got a chance to get my reward (I was real slow - more my fault than his), and other than the black napoleon (which is worth piddly amounts), I got 10 power elixers.

I probably would've earned the % of exp I got last night through regular training in the time I spent - and the extra money and drops from that would have made up for any difference in slowness in my opinion.

However, I think party questing is a good diversion. I don't mind doing it on occasion as long as I don't have to sit for too long or if I'm trying to "sit out" to heal (which is what I did when I came to the PQ last night - was hunting Master Robos and Tobos for drops and decided to PQ after instead of wasting potions to heal.

And as a student of math - shouldn't you be all about probability theory? (Okay - it interests me...).

Nice win from the Jays last night by the way. I didn't catch the game until the later innings - but it looked pretty miserable from my end. Nice for them to take two out of 3.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 43 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 4/14/2006 9:45:39 AM
Just auto-won an auction at Basil. Starting price for the 10% shield scroll was 94k. Auto win was at 145k - avg. price for a 10% shield is ~175-200k. Score!

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 43 Fighter

No comments: