Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (4/17/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 4/17/2006 10:00:46 AM
I'm starting to understand why people start using power strike almost exclusively over regular attacks. When I was just a swordsman, the 260% damage was nice, but I had a hard time justifying the added expense of the MP usage. However, with final attack - especially with a high final attack - the damage is so significantly different that unless I can kill my opponent in one strike normally - I suspect my usage of regular attacks will decrease dramatically.

Master Robos are a nice training area when using power strikes, but slash blast gets me hurt more than I should when final attack activates because the final attack doesn't always knock back all of them. Its too bad too because at Main Process 1 Zone 1, they crowd nicely for slash blast...

A side benefit of training on that screen is the complete lack of people there. I guess master robos are like stumps in that their defense is high enough to make training on them unfavorable to many. So, to me, the master robo screen is the same as Over The Wall - you only run into people when they are hunting for quests.

Also, I'm actively looking for a good point to use my summoning bags. The three slots in my use inventory could well be used for other things - so unless someone angers me in the next day or so - I'll just summon everything and kill them off.

Does anyone have any need for elixers? I don't know that I'll ever get around to using them, and I've almost got 100 of them at this point. If they start taking up more than one slot - I might actively start looking for buyers.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 44 Fighter

Slasher900
Posted 4/17/2006 2:51:22 PM
Telin I dont know how much elixers are worth on Windia but on scania they are worth about 3-5k each so if your not gonna use them I would sell them also I would suggest for you to use them when fight master robos because if your using SB you can heal both hp and mp with 1 elixer its just a suggestion and good going on level 44 but please Slow Down SPOOKY get him to die half on purpose half on accident or make it look like an accident please slow him down

---TrueMiroku lv4x Fizard [Scania]

PreacherMaple
Posted 4/17/2006 3:17:12 PM
I made level 41 this evening XD

I'm going to scroll my above avg steel avarice (100% I think), at this rate I should be in a position to party/PQ with you guys soon.

I'm torn between saving for my slain or a work glove. I was very impressed by the damage output of someone lower levelled than I using a 6 att glove this evening.

Could someone with access to SW tell me what the current rate there is for 60% scrolls for glove att, or keep an eye out for a 6+ att glove (0 slots is ok) and let me know about it? Same goes for a nice above average scrolled slain

rpgnut20
Posted 4/17/2006 3:23:08 PM
sleepywood phails
go basilmarket woot

---scania bubbagum 5x fire mage

mlugia
Posted 4/17/2006 5:17:16 PM
Telin: Use the bag on the entry platform of Pig beach, preferably Chan 1. If someone comes in, they immediately get owned by the bag, and you know the average lv of ppl there Then sit on the exit platform and watch the massacre!

sgtshark
Posted 4/17/2006 5:41:44 PM
Zombie lupins dominate. They spit out drops very, very often. Why anyone would pay for cursed dolls now drops my jaw.

I'm not going back to kitties. After being on these z-lupes for a few days, I've only seen like 3 other people in the whole time, and one of them was a vacker. >_> Kitties is just too crowded, I'll be able to live in other areas. I hit level 46, so I'll probably go to golems once I get these last few hundred cursed dolls.

If anyone is guildless on Windia, msg me, Geeoff. Our guild 'stfu' ( >_> ) is getting pretty dead and I'll add you if you ask. No entry fee of course.

One of the guys in my guild let out a trojan sack in Ludi PQ area, channel 1. Obviously with all the higher levels there no one died, but many people still became upset. If you're worried about defames, there's zero chance of it being discovered that you were the perp, as well. But without causing any deaths it just seems like a waste to me.

sgtshark
Posted 4/17/2006 5:43:16 PM
oh, and I bought +11 speed whitebottom shoes off basil, because I have nothing else to spend money on until level 60. Now my speed is 121 with my (2) cape, and I zoom zoom around everywhere.

Assassin_XD
Posted 4/17/2006 7:45:58 PM
Congrats on lvl 44. I wonder if I'll ever catch up to you. Well at least I got the hang of training for hours now! Everyone please tell me how long you can train strait, for it will help encourage me to train more. Thanks!

^_^Windia - killa999999 - 3x AssassinAdd me now!!!

PreacherMaple
Posted 4/17/2006 11:35:07 PM
To rpgnut: I'm well aware of Basil, however, as Windia hasn't been around too long there is a lack of people selling those items. However, it has been mentioned several times that these items have been sold/offered on SW. I cannot view SW myself :/

To Assasin_XD: You should be using warrior pills at your level, they really make a difference PLUS allow you to more accurately time how long you can train for. I normally take enough mp potions to train for 6 pills, before I need to restock and refill most of my stars, as I have 8 sets at the moment.

TelinArtho
Posted 4/18/2006 6:53:16 AM
@Preacher - I'll have to check on the attack glove, but the scrolls are 1.5mil + from what I've seen. On Basil you can occasionally find them for less - but not often - only when it is an off-hours 1 day auction.

I'm actually amazed that you are moving up in the ranks so quickly. Level 41 already? Hey - no one's allowed to complain about my leveling speed anymore. Preacher is now officially nicknamed Speedy Gonzales.

I'll be back to respond to everything else in short order.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 44 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/18/2006 7:01:00 AM
Geeoff, if/when I hit lv 30 (Shouldn't be too long now, I'm 30% in, but I do have a report to write this week for work) I'll apply for your guild for the hell of it

Preacher: BasilWindia:500k - 650k Scroll for Gloves for ATK 100%
399k - 750k Scroll for Gloves for Attack 10%
100k - 1.8M Scroll for Gloves for Attack 60%

The 60% ones that are selling NOW are 1.5-2milish though. (The PC is wrong on basil maybe?)
That's roughly the same price on SW I think, someone is trying to sell for 1.7mil each anyways.

Assassin: Your sig is wrong

Dave: Can't wait for updates. I'm just reading over the first pages, since I'm right around that area now. I bought a white chainmail overall (lv35, +3 def and +1 mdef above avg) for only 50k. What a steal! I'm going to skip the dragon robe and buy the top/bottom of Lv 30 (Green and white, +3 dex total) since I won't be scrolling the robe if I got it, so the extra Def would come in handy.

I'm not used to close range grinding, I suppose. Archer training was easier when Double Shot can KO so much and not need to go close to the enemy to do it. I so need speed equips if I ever reach 45 >_>

TelinArtho
Posted 4/18/2006 7:08:15 AM
Here's what I found for work gloves:
Sleepywood: (format is +atk/# slots left):
4/1 - 5m
7/0 - 7.25m
2/3 - 1.2m
9/0 - 18m
4/0 - 3 m
6/2 - 9m

Basil (current auctions):
7/0 - 4.25m (ends today at 11:55 CST)
2/4 - 2m
4/0 - 2.75m
3/0 - 1.1m
4/1 - 4m
6/2 - 10m
3/3 - 5m
6/0 - 4m

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 44 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/18/2006 7:09:51 AM
Oh, and good news on my money front.

The Nakamaki that I was selling for 110k? I ended up getting 195k for it! And to make my day even better, the betting on my Staff for Magic 60% scroll is up to 500k.

I'm going to be partially rich!

No comments: