Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (3/16/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 3/16/2006 8:19:37 AM
I made some decent progress last night, but I'm a little disappointed that I didn't make it to level 34. Part of that had to do with where I was fighting, so its not that big of a deal, but I do wish I was that much closer to using a new cutlus.

I started off the night training in Ant Tunnel I, but when I left to rest and to take a break, I decided I would go up to Perion and try some boars for a while. Boars went slowly however, because it was pretty crowded on the 5 channels I tried, so I just moved on. Seeing that I still had Luke the Security Guy's quest to do, I decided I would go hunt some Jr. Neckis.
Now, I'm still not at a point where I hit them all the time, my accuracy is only 68. However, that's enough to hit them about 1/3 of the time, and that was fine with me. I only needed another 67 skins when I started, and a buddy came to help me make the spawn more even later on while I was still trying. In the process of the neckis, I managed to collect a total of 290 octopus legs and earn about 30% on my experience. Needless to say I was down there for quite a while.

So I went back to Ant Tunnel with my buddy and killed some more mushrooms for a while until he was ready to log off. Then I went down to evil eyes to get my salad and then back up to Luke to finish the quest. My amazing refined jewel? Yeah - an aquamarine... show me the love...
I got a few equipment drops through the course of the night - an average beige nitty and one earring - but nothing important enough to keep.

Thankfully, I'm done with needing Jr. Necki skins - as they are a pain in the neck. I'm not sure what I'll do about the diamond I need for the sauna robe yet - but they are dropped by Dark Axe Stumps - so I can continue in the land of the wild boar or the deep valley screens between Perion and the dungeon.

To finish off the night, I did a stroll through the free market and was pleased to find a 10% 1-handed sword scroll for 50k and a 60% scroll for 75k I think. I also picked up a Fierry's tentacles for an Ossyria quest - only to be disappointed in finding it cheaper in two other stores later. I only paid 500 for it - and I've seen them sold for as high as 5k - so its not a big deal. I just would've preferred getting it for the 100 I saw...

And now this morning, I actually found another 10% sword scroll for sale, so I'm attempting to pick that one up as well. Its been a good night/day.

When I do make it to 35, I will start wearing my dark briggon. What I'm not sure about is whether I want to just 100% scroll it with accuracy - or if I feel like trying to find some reasonably priced 60% scrolls (or even get them myself). My current gloves are +3 accuracy - so that's something that I won't have right away when I switch.

I almost purchased a suit of chainmail last night for the nice price of 70k - it was maximum in every spot, so to me it was clearly underpriced, but I still haven't really commited myself to switching at level 35.

I should be able to finish off the last 15% or so tonight when I play for level 33, but the next level will probably seem very slow - as there is much for me to look forward to at level 35.
Oh and on a last note - I finally got rid of my 100% pet scroll! I've been trying to give the darn thing away for weeks, and finally a buddy took it off my hands. Thanks PJ!

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 33 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 3/16/2006 9:54:10 AM
The seller just confirmed the price for the next 10% scroll, so when I log on tonight, I'll have another one for my collection.

Amazingly enough, I haven't gone broke yet...

With my current bids out, I should have 2 10% and 4 60% scrolls for the moment I hit level 35. Just one more to finish off the cutlus and hope that it goes well.

I've been giving some thought to my current cutlus (51watt - 1 below average). I would rather scroll an above average one, but I haven't found one yet. I've got a 51 attack one for free that I could sell for 40k - and I've seen many sell their own above average cutluses in the free market for 50-70k. So I will probably sell mine off before I scroll it if I can find an above average one (maybe even perfect 57 attack) for a reasonable price. If you think about it this way, I'm paying an extra 10-30k on the sword to improve the attack by as much as 6 points. Considering no single scroll could do that much and the scrolls were more expensive - I think that's a reasonable investment.

Also, in terms of other creatures to fight - just how reasonable are jr. wraiths to fight? I'm not necessarily looking to train there for a full level, but it would be nice to know if they are a reasonable visiting place for a level 34-35 fighter.

According to the accuracy calculator, I shouldn't have any trouble hitting them, and their attack rating is only slightly higher than the kitties. Granted - I tried a few curse eyes last night and their damage was pretty significant (60-70 I think), and their attack rating is only 10 higher than the jr. wraiths.

One thing I do notice - Jr. Wraiths seem to have poor meso drops - but decent equipment drops. The only question I have is whether the equipment drops "seem" frequent - or at least more frequent than other creatures.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 33 Fighter

No comments: