Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (3/27/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 3/27/2006 9:07:31 AM
Busy weekend online for me. I need to get more sleep in the coming weeks, so my time on Maple will definitely be shortened...

Anyway, I had some fun this weekend. First, I made level 37 and went back to Victoria to do the Icarus level 37 quest. Requires 10 ligator bags and 100 tablecloths. The bags probably drop about 25% of the time, so it didn't take long - but I had amazing luck with them - gaining 2 drops (nothing special though). At Jr. Wraiths I also got a few more drops. There was a strange occurance at the wraiths, and I'm not sure it was a hacker. Essentially, when I was at the far left, on my mini-map, I could see someone near the far right. However, as I approached, the red would disapear. Now, I might assume that he would just change channels, but then, he would "come back" any time I was at the far left again. In any case, I couldn't find him. What made me think it was a hack in addition to this was the fact that every once in a while I would get hit by a wraith that was "zooming" to another part of the screen at extremely high speeds. Since I couldn't get a screen of him, I just gathered my 100 tablecloths and left.

After that, I went to Florina Beach to see what kind of quests those were and quickly found out that I'm out of my league at the moment. I'll go back at 40 and I'm sure I'll do much better though.

I finished off Friday at Fire Boars and managed a nice 30-40% off of them, also getting a decent number of drops including a Green Pole Feather Hat and some level 35 archer pants among other things.

For Saturday, I decided to try out the Ludi PQ and managed to get into a party. Only one person was level 40 and although I had never done a Ludi PQ, I knew a lot more about it than most of the people there - especially the leader. We spent no less than a half-hour at the 9 boxes trying to get the combination. By the time we made it to Alishar, we had ~10 minutes left and we ended up dying (I had no problem with this - I knew I wouldn't be able to hit it anyway - I wanted to see it though).

After that, I went down the EOS tower to get all the pictures for the Manager Karl quest. Took me the better part of 3 hours to get all the way - but I tend to fight a fair amount while I travel - so that's entirely reasonable. By the time I made it to the ground floor, I had 88% for my next level. I logged off for the night then.

I made level 38 on Sunday before killing myself to get back up to Ludibrium. I had a horrible time with disconnects at this point, so I played a little on my wizard, managing to make it most of the way through level 10.

On Sunday night, I partied for a good deal of time with mlugia at Brown and Pink teddies - earning the better part of 40% from them as well as a steel briggon. Since we had plans to take on kitties on Monday night, I ended my night by heading back to Ossy, and killed a few hundred kitties before calling it a night. Now, I think I'm just shy of 50% to level 39.

I need to get the specifics of it, but it appears I'm working on a quest that is not listed in Hidden-Street.net or at Sauna at all. I'll grab screens of it and send them to the appropriate places - but it is after the Clocktower Headache (to kill 100 ticks), and before the Clock Worker's Batteries. Requires something in the order of 30 cogs and something else I believe.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 38 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 3/27/2006 9:27:40 AM
Heh, it was a lot of fun partying with you.

Regarding tonight, the Apprentice and 24 are on 9-11EST, and I sleep at 12, so the best I can do is about an hour of kitties with you I can do 2 hours on tuesdays (Idol ends at 10) and much more on wed-fri though ^^

Thanks for not getting pissed when I afk'd for so long last night <_<

I can't wait to Level up, I'm ~45% to 41 now on teddies alone. Had I not died repeatedly exploring Orbis, I'd have been ~75-80% now ;_;

Thundon
Posted 3/27/2006 9:30:35 AM
I'm pretty sure it's in hidden-street.net. They just haven't finished recording it until now.
Hidden-Street.Net Quest list

Oh and that sucks for the party quest. I find it a great place to level (it depends if you get in alot) and make money IF you finish it. Maybe next time, you can invite me to PQ so we can finish it together. I had to solo the boss one time anyways and after a long, grueling ~20 minutes, we finally killed it. Or we could just get 4X'ers.

I will try to join you guys tonight too. It really sucks that I couldn't join yesterday, I was out-of-state. Hopefully, everything works out. If I make the map too crowded, I can just easily go to another map, if required. It's worth a chance to try to party train anyways.

---SwiftBacon - Member of the Omega Guild - Windia

TelinArtho
Posted 3/27/2006 9:54:07 AM
Here's the Ludi quests listed for levels 31-40:
A Delivery To A Lost Time (Level 33) - I've done this one
The Clocktower Headache (Level 34) - finished this one as well
Rocky's Parts (Level 34) - I've got this one in my list
Helping Fix Eos Tower (Level 35) - same here
Eos Tower Threatened! (Level 35) - don't have this one yet - still have other prereqs to finish
Assembling A Toy (Level 36) - I've got this one
The Clock Workers' Batteries (Level 39) - not high enough for this one.
Fixing Eos Tower (Level 40)
Mac The Mechanic's Maintenance Manual (Level 40)
Peace At Eos Tower (Level 40)

Its started by Grandfather Clock too - so I know it is after the headache one. Anyway - I'll get a screen shot if it truly is missing (if I am delusional, I'll admit it tomorrow after I've checked...).
As to partying together - we'll just work with what we've got. Kitties are fine with me alone and partied - so if neither of you are on at the same time - I'm not worried about it - same goes for the teddies yesterday. I'm fine on my own...

The PQ isn't that enjoyable to me since I have such a hard time hitting the rombots and the boss. I'll happily join a party if they are experienced enough, but the 10-15% I gained from it would've been easy to get elsewhere too. Sorry about using you as a track, but it was just so easy...

As a side note, I may have to start selling my MP potions - I just haven't been using them enough to actually lose them... when I was partying yesterday I did have to purchase some HP potions, but that's the first time since I did the Kerning PQ in the late 20's. I think I've got ~270 Blue Pills, 100 elixers, 50 mana elixer pills, and ~90+ lemons... and then of course the regular blue potions that I pick up from the opponents I'm fighting, though those are the first to be used usually.

In order to use my MP potions more, I've been trying the star pixies a little more and just using power strike and slash blast on them, but I can only do that for so long before it becomes dangerous... Still the rewards for the exchange are much better with them than the kitties (does anyone need processed wood or return to nearest town scrolls...?).

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 38 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 3/27/2006 11:40:49 AM
Some random thoughts:
Since I'm getting close to level 40, I've started looking around for scrolls for topwear and bottomwear and the appropriate prices of them. Looks like the 10% scrolls, of which I want 2 for each, will run me around 15-30k a piece. The 60% scrolls seem to be picked up and sold pretty quickly though and I'd like to pick up 5 of each for 50-75k a piece, but I just haven't found any sellers yet.

Every once in a while, I take a look at my accuracy versus some of the higher level creatures around - just to see where my accuracy stands up. My hope is to get a good enough accuracy to fight mushmom (just a personal goal) - I'm aiming for 50% hitting her, so that'll be a little while.
Looking around, it looks like I can hit copper drakes at 94% or so, zombie lupins at 65%, Stone golems at 78%. I still can't hit Mushmom at all, and if I only improve my level (not my accuracy), I'll get a 1% rate at level 44 and 50% at 58 (actually 53%). I do want to improve my accuracy though - so hopefully I'll be able to get to her at around level 50.

Copper drakes look like they would be "fun" to try for a little while - just for a fun and challenging encounter, but the downside is going back to Victoria. Right now, I'm pretty happy in Ossy fighting kitties and star pixies. But when I do go back, I'll make sure to take a stop into Dangerous Valley.

Oh and then there was an encounter I had with what I thought was a chronus in Ludi this weekend. I decided it was far too tough to fight after killing just one, and said as much to mlugia when we partied. Then of course, I find out today that what I fought was actually a platoon chronus... whoops!

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 38 Fighter

Thundon
Posted 3/27/2006 12:08:42 PM
Quote:Sorry about using you as a track, but it was just so easy...

It's impossible to finish the quest and rush. So it doesn't hinder me in any way. I would rather have a friend rush my PQ than some strangers. And it seems you won't be PQing much, I'll get off your back X_X

As for MushMom, I was hitting her like 20% of the time with 85 DEX, and I had like 117 acc. I don't know if it's the same for warriors.

---SwiftBacon - Member of the Omega Guild - Windia

No comments: