Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (3/20/2006)

mlugia
Posted 3/20/2006 11:52:07 AM
You're right about the kitties. My brother asked (forced) me to accompany him to Ludi once at Lv 37, which I did. We passed Orbis, and the kitties were not all that difficult to kill. Of course, I needed that glass shoe at the time, so...

I might go to Orbis, but I think the main problem with that is the lack of an FM there, far as I know, so I'd have to ride a ship to Ludi to browse FM. And I really hate browsing FM's 100 stores to find nothing I actually want >_<

I feel kind of sorry that your attack scroll prices are 300k. I know 100k seems cheap by everyone else's standards, but for me, five zero's is a lot of mesos, no matter how little it is relatively.

Regarding the helmet, I remember you wearing a face covering one the last I saw of you, and I automatically assume face cover = joust, my bad. Jousting is possibly an uglier helmet than the Hawkeye for archers. *shudders*

I'll try FMing tonight after 24, after which I'll ride to Ossy and start work on the Ossy quests. Too lazy to finish the ones in Vic, none of which are any good yet. (42-Icarus is the one I'm looking forward to, hopefully get a Icarus 2 cape)

And if you don't mind, I'd like to add you to my buddy list. Intelligent MSers are hard to come by nowadays.

Thundon
Posted 3/20/2006 12:19:25 PM
Wow, can I add you? I will listen to every little thing you say since most of my buddies don't talk alot. I can be like your little audience >_>

I won't be annoying, I promise.

---SwiftBacon - Member of the Omega Guild - Windia

TelinArtho
Posted 3/20/2006 12:37:27 PM
For the time being, anyone can add me to their buddy list, though the first time you and I are on the server I may ask "and you are?" I had that happen - someone added me and I accepted not having a clue as to who they were. Anyway - I've got something like 10 open slots and I can free up more pretty easily.

Be aware that my talking has more to do with stopping points in my training - and I don't type in netspeak. Luckily I type at around 60 wpm, so I can get in a lot before I get hit...

Back to the subject of helmets, I like the full covering of the burgernet, but I'm not fond of the jousting. Just my personal preference. I realize that many consider it ugly - but I like it. Now, my regular armor (the hwarang and martial art pants) I'm not too impressed with - but those are more for function than for form...

As to the cost of things, I think I'm a little disenchanted. Some people price them up in the sky, but I find the ones that are on the ground. 1-handed sword scrolls should cost 100k - whether the seller knows it or not.

It doesn't seem like too much money to me. Most nights, that's about what I make in profit over the course of 3 hours or so. In fact the only reason I haven't broken 1mil yet is because I keep buying scrolls...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 35 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 3/20/2006 1:06:17 PM
To slasher - I missed your post before.

At 22-23 warrior, you should really stay out of boars - the cost will not warrant the extra experience. In fact, this is prime time to be training in either a) ant tunnel - to get a cutlus if you are going 1-handed swords or b) over the wall - to get a battle shield if you are going 1-handed. Both places have decent experience. I happen to prefer over the wall because it is so sparsely visited by others.

Not too sure what else I could offer - maybe deep ant tunnel/cave of the evil eye - but that would certainly be tougher than the wild boars.

Anyhow - good luck.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 35 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 3/20/2006 3:44:43 PM
Seeing as how the solid horns are not worth overly much for the trade in the exchange quest, I've been looking at the other possible trades that I might want to do in the future.

The star pixie. I killed 3 or 4 of these last night and while they aren't tough - I need to boost my magic defense if I am going to have any hope of taking out enough of them to make the trade in possible. Still, they aren't bad - I just need to cut down the damage they deal. Fighting them would definitely help on my jumping skills - constantly jumping over that magic attack of theirs. The major problem that I see is I only hit them ~80% of the time - so the occasional miss can be a problem. With 2 powerstrikes and a regular attack - that should be enough to take one down. Alternatively, 3-4 slash blasts might take down a group - but is far more expensive - since I'd get pelted more.

Beyond the star pixie - at this point are all unattainables. I don't think I'm necessarily far off from some of them (lunars, possibly lusters and nependeaths), but I need to get my damage up if I am going to try. I admit, I am driven by the possibility of getting scrolls that are of use (either to sell or to use myself) with relative ease.

I guess for now, the exchange for the horns will have to do. With any luck, I can fund my potions exclusively from it for the next few levels.

On another note, I worked out the numbers between my regular attack and my attack with a warrior potion, and it looks like it brings my damage from 188-370 up to 203-399. Still not a huge difference, but it does make training on kitties much more simple.

Also, I seem to have accumulated a rather large number of wizard potions (~40-50 I think). If anyone uses them regularly and would like to purchase them, let me know. I haven't settled in on a price, but I'm reasonable on this sort of thing. How about 800 per?

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 35 Fighter

No comments: