Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (3/14/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 3/14/2006 9:24:47 AM
Well, I only played for about a half-hour last night - so nothing was really accomplished except the killing of a few dozen rats and the selling of a blue avenger I had in my inventory for a few weeks. I probably undersold it at 50k - but its 50k that I didn't have before, so I'm not that concerned...

Anyway, today is my birthday - so I'll be going out with my wife and probably not playing at all. If anything, I might get an hour before I retire for the night - which will just mean a few more rats dying...

The next time I get a decent amount of time online, I'll probably leave Ludi as it is too tough to level on the rats for me right now - and I can make better progress with kitties and, if I go back to Victoria, boars. I should probably just stay at boars for another level or two until I've truly gotten sick of them...

That's all for now.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 33 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 3/14/2006 9:30:48 AM
Happy Birthday, Telin! Are you like 25 now? :O

I'm glad to report that I levelled last night, finally "mastering" the crossbow, so I can start investing skill points in something else. Finished scrolling my +10 dex sauna. It's hot ^_^

Moved on to Fire boars, thankfully. I've gotten 15 pairs of Weight earrings in the time I trained at the boars, along with two red distinctions, a sabretooth, a red polefeather hat, a dark crystal ore, two diamond ores and various cheap (wh)ores and warrior potions. Along with NPCing well over two thousand wild boar fangs.

At least now I can NPC fire boar fangs... >_> I wish I could go to kitties soon.

TelinArtho
Posted 3/14/2006 9:54:10 AM
27 actually - but who's counting? (My wife - telling me I'm an Old Fogie...)

If you are moving to Fire Boars, you should have just the same with Kitties to be honest - just about the same damage and hp - little bit more experience.

The more I think about it the more I think I'm out of my league in Ludi and Ossyria - so when I feel like making the trip back (like when I've got a spare 30 minutes+), I'll be back at boars for a while.

Congratulations on finishing mastery - I'm about halfway myself with swords, and then its on to final attack...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 33 Fighter

PreacherMaple
Posted 3/14/2006 10:20:25 AM
Telin, can you post up the hunting grounds for warriors you found on sleepywood.net? I haven't gained access to that site yet (as my internet connection appears to them to be behind a proxy).
My warrior levelled up nicely to 30 (solid horns from my wizard training helped a lot, but now I'm sort of stuck at either green/horned shrooms or pigs at pig beach (which on scania is so crowded that it is seriously detrimental to exp gain). My exp gain is around 2-3% per 10 mins. I just think it could be faster.

---Darktyde Level 49 Lizard Scania (Currently holidaying in Orbis)

TelinArtho
Posted 3/14/2006 11:37:19 AM
Its a very long post - so I'd just recommend getting access to it somehow. However, for your level, in my opinion, here's some options:

Over the Wall - all kinds of stumps. Steady exp with little use of expendables and decent drops (not great - but decent). I did this for most of my 20s and level 30 (and sporadically afterwards). On Windia, few come to this

Land of the Wild Boar I and II - I imagine these are more heavily populated in Scania than they are in Windia - so this may not work for you.

Deep Ant Tunnel - these are so far from civilization, I'd be surprised to learn if they are full on Scania. Still, they spawn quickly and its decent exp and drops all around for hornies, zombie mushrooms and evil eyes.

Deep Valley and Perion Dungeon Entrance should be decent with a nice variety of creatures.
The swamps might be okay - not sure about them. Stay away from the neckis obviously but the ligators are fine in small numbers.

In Ossyria - you can do Jr. Sentinels for hours and lose maybe 100 hp - and its steady experience and decent cash - just nothing in terms of good drops.

Other than that, you have kitties - but they'll be tough for your level (they are for mine...)

In Ludi - you have few options - mostly white rats and brown teddies. At this point - I'd suggest staying away from Ludi though - unless you feel like doing the first few quests to get a boost in experience and a few pills.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 33 Fighter

SyLvIA_S15
Posted 3/14/2006 11:40:38 AM
I enjoyed reading this! It help me kill sometime. Hope to see more of this!

---Broa [2x] To-Be Cleric Katar0

No comments: