Thursday, September 14, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (5/28/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 5/28/2006 6:02:04 AM
Just a quick note for 2 things:
1. I got my home internet back on Saturday during the day. I didn't play too much yesterday - but a few people were happy to see me back online.

2. Today, I've got a pretty big free poker tournament. There's going to be ~8k players for it - but the top 9 places get seats to the World Series of Poker and then 10th - 780th or so pays from $1100 down to $40.

It should be a lot of fun. If I finish early enough, I'll come online later today. The tournament starts at 1 and I expect the final table will be somewhere in the order of 12-13 hours later.
Anyway - wish me luck.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 52 Fighter

Slasher900
Posted 5/28/2006 7:16:45 AM
Best of Luck David

Thundon
Posted 5/28/2006 9:17:49 PM
Hey Dave, good to see you back!

---SwiftBacon - Windia:

TelinArtho
Posted 5/30/2006 9:45:40 AM
A busy weekend for sure - and it all started with getting my internet connection back on Saturday.

On Saturday I actually didn't play too much, having plenty to do about my house and stuff like that. Plus, my brother-in-law was over - and I tend to let him play since his access at home is pretty limited.

I probably gained in the order of 10% on Saturday, finishing around 60% I think. I spent some time at Macis and Cold Eyes as well as drakes and cargos - just for a nice change. Can't say I really like those areas - given how far they are and how costly they are - but that's the way it is sometimes.

On Sunday, I returned to Orbis and worked on the Disposed Garden while dealing with my son - who was having a very rough time. He didn't end up falling asleep until almost midnight - and it looks like this might happen on occasion. Not sure what we'll do about it - but I'm sure something will come up.

Anyway, I didn't get a lot of training in on Sunday - but the gleaming moment was getting nependeath honey finally! I finished off the night at around 75% and had returned to Vic to finish off the other requirements.

On Monday, I earned my bone helm finally and once again returned to Orbis. I spent a goodly amount of time in the garden again and even some time in the Garden of Red to finish off my first 100 tails. Cellions are pretty nasty for my current level though - so I'll be staying away for a little longer.

At the end of the night, I returned to jetis and earned upwards of 300 skins before calling it a night - around 4% short of hitting level 53.

After playing around with the bone helm some, I'm pretty much of the opinion that it'll only be used when I am travelling. The extra wdef and mdef of my crusader is important enough to me that it will continue to be my training helm. Considering how much money I'll need to continue with the attack gloves, I'll likely sell the bone helm in order to cover the costs.

On Monday night, a fizard came in at jetis and started training without so much as a word to me. He kill-stealed for about 1/2 an hour before he got the hint that I was going nowhere and eventually left. The funny thing is - he was able to deal more damage to them singly - but I tagged them all with slash blast before he'd kill them. And even though the drops were his - he left most of the money and all of the etc drops for me to snatch up later. So not only was he not getting the full exp he wanted, he also wasn't getting much for money...

I also got a random defame while I was AFK on Sunday night. If I was a spiteful man - I would've organized something to go teach the guy a lesson - but what would that accomplish? I would take some time away from enjoying the game in order to get some kid all up in arms for doing something which admittedly causes me no harm? Anyway - I hope the kid got something out of the random defame - because otherwise - it did nothing...

That's about it. I expect level 53 will come and go without much ado - though it does mark the beginning of Power Guard. After that - its more jetis...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 52 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 5/30/2006 11:02:22 AM
Congrats on the Bone Helm! I'd have hunted the random defamer down and stalked him until he quit the game >:Q

Lukeisdbz
Posted 5/30/2006 11:31:43 AM
Hey telin i was wanna ask u a question u see i have a warrior lvl 18 and was wondering if i should go one handed sword like u did i mean i have a Fizard to fund me if i wanted to go 2 handed but is 1 handed good or is the majority of people who go lol 1 handed right? at the moment im leaning towards using polearms

TelinArtho
Posted 5/30/2006 11:43:23 AM
In my opinion, 1 handed is equivalent to 2 handed - but the benefits are not as easily seen.

A one-handed wielder benefits by taking less damage, having a faster attack speed, but trades this off with a shorter range and less damage dealt.

A two-handed wielder benefits by dealing more damage and having a greater range, but trades this off with a slower attack speed and taking more damage.

Specifically, a one-handed wielder is "better" against things that both the 1 and 2-handed wielder can one-hit-kill and against things that take >5 hits (or so). The 2-handed wielder surpasses the 1-handed wielder when the 1-hander kills in 2-hits what the 2-hander can kill in 1 hit (and similarly for 3-, 4-, and 5- hits).

In other words - I feel it is mostly a matter of style. A two-handed wielder has "flashier" damage (a much greater maximum), but the 1-handed wielder can fight a lot longer for a smaller cost.

I've done a fair amount of analysis on this in my first log - you can check out the archives of it by following the link in my sig.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 52 Fighter

Lukeisdbz
Posted 5/30/2006 11:52:46 AM
wow thanks for the quick reply but i think i grasp what your saying so im gonna give 1handed a shot at lvl 25 before i make the job advancement

mlugia
Posted 5/30/2006 12:12:10 PM
I preferred the Fusion Mace at Lv25 since it was "Faster" instead of "Fast" like the 1H Sword version. And BW scrolls were so cheap that I ended up scrolling mine (55 watk =D)

mlugia
Posted 5/30/2006 1:34:58 PM
Well, Dave, you were right about Tobos. ~50% of Lv 43 was done there, and I've got 2 Dark Artens to show for it (one is 1 def above avg, the other is 1 int above)...

TelinArtho
Posted 5/31/2006 8:59:39 AM
I made some more progress last night, but not a lot of it - gaining the last 4% of level 52 and the first 10-15% of level 53 mostly on jetis and a little at hectors.

I don't think I got a single drop last night - which is fine I guess, but I have been spending more money. I bought a second 10% glove atk scroll, but it failed on the first Brist I made. That leaves it with 3 slots - so I'll probably try to cut my losses there for now and either work on a second one - or just wait until the level 60 glove.

I also picked up a 10% shoe speed scroll for my snowshoes - which failed - so nothing good there. I seem to be down to around 2.5 mil at this point - but that was mostly because of buying the 30 saps for an average of 20k a piece (600k...). I'm sure I could've done better on the price, but I wanted that bone helm. Of course, now that I've got it - I'm tempted to sell it...

Nothing really new to report - though jetis are doing well for me on building up a selection of mp restoring items. I'm now up to 338 mana elixirs - because before I use too many of them, I usually have to go through the 100+ salads I get from tradeins, and I usually head back to ossy when I've run out of Unagi (and the white potions from trade in). I've pretty much stopped buying lemons, but if I don't get any salads one of these times, I might pick some up - since I tend to use a potion before I'm down all the way on my mp and using an elixir is only fully effective when I am at 20 mp or less.

Most of the reason why I didn't get much done last night was because of my son - who seems to be having some trouble sleeping right now. We're working through it - but he's definitely having a hard time. Hopefully once I get the AC in his room again - the extra background noise will help calm him down. If it does - I might consider getting a white noise clock for his room - just a thought.

Well, that's about it - I was surprised that not too many were online last night - either on my buddy list or on my guild. Since I was AFK for long periods - it made it easier to step away - but it was a little strange with all the activity that I am used to.

On another note - I've been asked to become a moderator on another forum. I haven't made a full decision on it - but it will depend on what my duties will be.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 53 Fighter

No comments: