Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (4/18/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 4/18/2006 7:27:06 AM
Thanks for the suggestions on the summoning bags - I appreciate it. The next time I'm in Victoria (Mushmom hunting...), I'll make sure to stop by Pig Beach...

I barely played at all last night, though I did watch my brother-in-law play since he stayed over. Working on getting leaves for the Maya and the Strange Medicine quest, he killed a Green Mushroom that was in his way - and lo and behold a panlid drop. It was his first significant drop ever - so he was pretty happy. Its a 10def, and he's a wizard, so he equipped it right away.
What little amount I did play last night was 10 minutes before the patch, so I got enough time to go through the toy factory and earn a whopping 1.8% experience (7700xp) mostly from Master Robos.

@Slasher - that's a solid suggestion on the elixers, but I'll need to watch it. Since they are "worth" so much - I think I'd rather have the cash from them - since I'm still mostly using white potions/hot dog supremes and blue potions/lemons. I'll give it some thought though before I put them up. And calm down about my leveling speed... Preacher's going much faster than me! (quick divert attention from me to Preacher...)

@Preacher - Oh and I'm not sure about the prices of slains - though I think SwiftBacon/Thundon posted about that on page 8 (assuming 50 posts/page).

@Geeoff - I'll be hitting up the zombie lupins eventually, but I got to finish Jack Schwetty's book first - because I don't want to be holding onto several hundred dolls until that quest is finished. They look to be a nice change of pace though with their annoying ranged attacks... kind of like nependeaths that run around and sling poo...

In other news, I won a Jeweled Katar auction yesterday for a bargain price of 350k. I'm not sure that it was underpriced, but it was in the right ballpark for me - so I snatched it up. I've got a few auctions to nab up today too - so hopefully I can get ahead there too.

@mlugia - if you get a chance, you should check the highlights on yesterday's Red Sox/Mariners game. Very action packed... walk-off 2-run homer and all...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 44 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 4/18/2006 7:29:47 AM
Nice on those sales - 195k for the Nakamaki? I'm hoping to get 100k for my avg zeco... and its 5 levels higher (yes I know the Nakamaki was above avg...).

@Assassin_XD - I only gained 1.8% last night - so you had some time to catch up. I can't guarantee I'll earn so little tonight though...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 44 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/18/2006 7:30:03 AM
Hmm, does mlb.com show highlights for free? I watch NHL ones on nhl.com, but mlb doesn't even have free radio casting >_<

mlugia
Posted 4/18/2006 7:31:59 AM
Pooey, I just checked. They showed the big plays of that game, and the first big play is the walk off homer. Like I needed to see any other play after that XD

krazychao5
Posted 4/18/2006 7:32:58 AM
what is this topic about?

---oMS (Scania): Kenshin555 level 7x Ice Mage

TelinArtho
Posted 4/18/2006 8:03:39 AM
Well I just won the first of three auctions I'm working on today.

Just an FYI to any future shield wielders if you have the spare cash - there's a slightly below avg Silver Legend Shield (51wdef instead of 52) for the bargain price of 300k on Basil. That's just a little too far away for me to buy right now - but buying it just to resell might be worthwhile.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 44 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/18/2006 8:07:51 AM
Yeah, I was looking at it, but it wasn't worthwhile for be because at the rate I'm going, I'd hit that level ... by October or later, and by then I'm sure there'd be more shields to be on sale.

TelinArtho
Posted 4/18/2006 8:29:10 AM
There goes auction number 2 that I won... one more to go - but I may be away from my computer... Here's hoping. That makes a total of 3 10% shield scrolls that I've won. Once I get them, I get to have the enjoyment of praying to the Great Hamster to get them to work...

Once I've managed to get a little better at taking down Lunar Pixies, I'll just keep trading in for 10% shield scrolls. That and working on Nependeaths for the earring scroll to resell...
I also seem to have a backlog of auctions that I need to resolve:
Selling Korean Fan - found buyer but he didn't have the cash. If he doesn't have it by tonight, I'll reauction the fan tomorrow.
Selling 10% Overall for Def scroll - haven't found buyer.
Buying 10% Glove Attack - haven't found seller (but he did PM me this morning).
Buying 10% Shield Scroll - haven't found seller (have communicated via PM though).
Buying Jeweled Katar - haven't been online yet to get it.
Buying 2 more 10% shield scrolls - just won them...

All told I've got 331k of sold stuff to resolve, and 1.21m of bought stuff to resolve... I've got to be careful - I'm running out of money... lol

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 44 Fighter

PreacherMaple
Posted 4/18/2006 9:02:07 AM
I really would like that 7 att wg...but I may not be online to place a bid on it. Would one of you guys be able to snag it for me if I don't manage to make a bid on it?

I'll see if I can hang on to make a bid, but I might need back up

mlugia
Posted 4/18/2006 9:24:21 AM
I'd love to, but I don't have even 1 mil to buy the glove for you

PreacherMaple
Posted 4/18/2006 9:32:48 AM
Oh no, you wouldnt have to pay the person, just get a bid in there at the end. We'd then contact the seller and make further arrangments.

Plus it seems like someone else is online and making a bid for it The tension, the drama

mlugia
Posted 4/18/2006 9:34:12 AM
Well, there's only 20 more minutes till the end of auction. Are you going to be there then?

PreacherMaple
Posted 4/18/2006 9:38:46 AM
I'm going to try yes, It's going to annoy my girl friend like you wouldn't believe that I'm being late for a computer game...but thats cheap!!! XD

mlugia
Posted 4/18/2006 9:40:33 AM
lol. I'm sure she'd understand!

So bored at work >_> Want to go home and hit 30 already darnit.

PreacherMaple
Posted 4/18/2006 9:53:41 AM
I got to 42 ealier today, then took a break.

More people are bidding on that glove. They should wait till the last minute. The fools, they'll push up the price

PreacherMaple
Posted 4/18/2006 10:06:23 AM
Hahah I got it, should have waited a moment longer though, would have saved 300-500K

TelinArtho
Posted 4/18/2006 10:09:14 AM
Well, I lost the third auction - but not by much. Instead of going for 40k - it went for 61.5k. My last bid was 59k I think... oh well. (60% 1h sword scroll)

I'm sorry I missed about the glove for you - I was at lunch - so I would've missed the end time. Hope you got it anyway. Looks like it went for 5.6 mil.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 44 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/18/2006 10:18:45 AM
Congrats on your glove.

I can only dream about having a million mesos right now O_O Maybe I should try 10% the chainmail and hope for broke (+5 or better? That'd be hawt)

PreacherMaple
Posted 4/19/2006 12:15:28 AM
Thanks guys

Yup I got the glove, and cheaper than the one on SW and the ones I price checked in the FM. So thats good However now the problems start, trying to meet up with someone on the west coast of america. Plus I get the feeling that he'll 'be grounded' or 'have computer problems'. Thats whats always happened before when I've bagged a bargain on Basil. Most of the people that do that have the common sense to not put the item up for auction again straight away...but not all of them.

No comments: