Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (3/27/2006)

PreacherMaple
Posted 3/27/2006 12:24:39 PM
I stopped by copper drakes at level 43, my accuracy was no problem (base was 54), however, all the sins and ice wizards camping out there was Coppers drop steelies, maybe on windia it'll be easier to find an empty-ish channel.

I tried my hand at platoon chronos as well, the 200+ damage I was taking was too much in combination with the very large levels which slowed actual training. Normal chronos were easier, but again the level was too large to allow speedy training. I do not however want to go back to kitties, I spent uncountable levels there as a wizard and have spent 4 there already as a fighter.

I bumped my dex to my level +12 which means that by level 50 including my dex equips I should have about 70 dex which isn't far from people that have taken the level*2 route at the start.

I'm busy mopping up 60% 2H axe scrolls for around 25-50K which is ridiculously cheap, so it seems to me, as I've sold 60% 2H BW scrolls for 200K+---Darktyde Level 50 Lizard Scania (Currently holidaying in Orbis)

TelinArtho
Posted 3/27/2006 12:40:52 PM
Rushing the Ludi PQ may not really be possible, but I also don't really think it is necessary quite yet - as the channels just don't fill up all of the time (that I'm playing anyway). Like I said - I'll try it some more when I am in my mid-40s probably. Right now, I'm content to work on other things though.

Well accuracy is my problem for Mushmom. Currently, I've got 82 accuracy, which is good for nothing versus mushmom. To get that 112 accuracy you have, that would take some serious scrolling...

I don't think coppers drop steelies - at least Hidden-street doesn't list those. Are you thinking of Red Drakes? Doesn't really matter - Windia is pretty empty on all channels that I've been on. I actually had my second instance of someone asking me to change channels just last night. Twice over the course of almost 40 levels is not bad in my opinion.

Kitties are all about consistency for me. It takes approximately 300 kitties to get 100 horns. I can take out about that many without using a single potion from my store (other than the ones they drop), if I start out with my maximum hp and mp. This is getting slightly better as I advance - now that I can 3-hit them a little more frequently and power strike has an outside chance of taking them down in one hit (with final attack that is). Speaking of which, I did have my first 4-digit damage yesterday too!

I don't think the platoon chronos did that much damage. For me it was closer to 100 I think - though I admit I'm not sure. Regardless, it is outside of my current "comfort zone" for trainable. Now that I realize that I was at the wrong ones, it should be no problem finishing up the quests I have open.

I actually had meant to do the Cheng jump quest last night before I left for Ossyria again, but I just forgot to. I'll get to it at some point though.

Scroll prices on Windia are still all over the place. I've seen 60% 1-handed sword scrolls for as low as 75k and as high as 400k - and both sold without issue. Sometimes I wonder if the people buying on the high end actually think they're buying 2-handed sword scrolls...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 38 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 3/27/2006 1:04:53 PM
Heh, I might go back to train my Page when I max Iron Arrow on Aerythn. Maybe by then you'd know his name too

I don't recall saying Platoon Chronos were tough, but I have a bad memory. I went to the Chrono map directly via Crossroads of time, and appeared right into a herd of 3 ;_; Had to jump out of the way. Still, needs 2DS+ to kill, so it wasn't worth anything other than the book. By the time we can 2HKO them, I'm sure we can party there relatively efficiently.

I still need that damned second book. I'll try to get it tonight, maybe, instead of kittying? We'll see.

I woke up at 5AM this morning because the person who bought an item off me on Basil is online 4AM-6AM EST (She was on GMT +1), and I wake at 6 for work, so I figure 5AM isn't too much of a stretch. I deserve a medal >_<

TelinArtho
Posted 3/27/2006 2:04:19 PM
I was the one who said the platoon chronos were tough. Just as the time, I thought they were regular chronos... not a big deal regardless.

Hopefully that shield will do your page well when he gets up to that level. As to the Maple History Quest, unless you need the slots in your ETC area, I would just leave it for now (also, I suppose if you want the hat...). Right now, you'll need to go back to Victoria to get the book, then back to Ludi to give them, then back to Victoria to get the final reward. Unless you've got other things to do in Victoria - that's a wad of cash you could be spending on a scroll or something useful... probably 20k just for the trips. You are better off partying tonight - just accept it

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 38 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 3/27/2006 2:13:22 PM
As a matter of fact, it is taking up spots in my inv >_<>_<

But I guess that's not so bad, I think I have 4 slots open as long as I NPC all the other stuff...
Since I'm in Ludi, maybe I should finish the photos quest, that camera is annoying.

TelinArtho
Posted 3/27/2006 2:30:09 PM
Yeah- the tower quest will free up that camera slot - but it takes a decent amount of time (if you are like me and can't help but smack something that's in range...). If you rush through it though and kill yourself on the end (try to time it so you can advance at the bottom on rats or block golems) it probably wouldn't be that bad. I got down and only needed 15% or so - so I finished it off pretty quickly.

If you have a Marcel quest open to you - you might as well kill the requisites while you are down there as well. In other words - try to stack as many different quests as possible into the quest.
On a side note - if you move your ores into your mule - how can your ETC slots be filled on your main character? Seriously, there's a finite number of ores to gather - and unless you are keeping unnecessary ETC items in your main character you should have plenty of room. If you are keeping some for future quests, I'd suggest just selling them unless they are particularly rare (pig heads for instance).

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 38 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 3/27/2006 2:50:55 PM
I really couldn't tell you what the hell I have on my mule. I just know the ETC slot is cluttered, and I'm too lazy to sort it out ;_;

I think I might have processed wood and firewood from before I got soul arrows though, should clean that out >_>

Thundon
Posted 3/27/2006 9:27:29 PM
If you can't get your accuracy that high, surely levels will balance it out. Mushmom is level 40, and by about ~5 levels above it, you can hit it consistently.

---SwiftBacon - Member of the Omega Guild - Windia

No comments: