Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (3/22/2006)

PreacherMaple
Posted 3/22/2006 3:17:58 PM
I made level 40 this afternoon, I've taken the liberty of posting a couple of screen shots.

I've seen 1700+ damage pop up now and again too.

As you'll see I still have a few stat and skill points to allocate.

I'm very pleased with the massive boost the sabretooth makes to my attacking power, very noticeable from the niam I was using.

So far I have managed to hit everything I've tried to hit, barring a jr.boogie. I've hit star pixies which have an avoidability of 21, which is around that of the drakes, (copper and normal) so I think after another couple of levels at kitties I shall try them.

---Darktyde Level 50 Lizard Scania (Currently holidaying in Orbis)

TelinArtho
Posted 3/23/2006 9:08:38 AM
Preacher Maple - how much damage do you take from a kittie when they bump you? I'm trying to get different arrays from different people based on the attacks from single creatures. Judging by my estimates, you should be taking a lot more than me, but I suspect you offset that by slashing them in mobs. Just curious in any case.

Its interesting that you mention that you haven't hit the jr. boogie. I've had fairly good success in taking them down on my own for a few levels now. Looking at your accuracy - you should have no problems with them (though you probably still miss on occasion). They aren't really worth killing - but it is nice to not have to worry about accidentally missing one and then having it seal, weaken and curse you...

Also - nice damage with that sabretooth. Must be nice to take down kitties in one hit on occasion. Personally, I don't use power strike all that often - opting to mob the kitties with slash blast more - but it might be used more if I could consistently take one down in one hit. Right now - my cap is just over 1100 I think. Still, kitties are pretty efficient for me nonetheless.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 36 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 3/23/2006 9:10:27 AM
Well, I managed to cap off the night pretty poorly last night. I decided I wanted to head back to Ludi to work on the quests over there for a little while. In that decision, knowing that I would have time to rest on the ride over, I decided I would try to finish my collection of stars for the exchange quest - both to get the reward (hopefully a scroll) and to get them out of my inventory. However, I didn't plan very well, fell off a platform and was killed before I knew it. Now I was at 50 hp with 89 stars - so I said screw it and went to Ludi anyway. I'll be back - I'm sure.

I did manage to reach level 36 yesterday, which is not much of significance, but at least I'm ready to move onto Final Attack starting next level. I figure I'll stick around Ludi and try to work through the quests I've got and then return to Ossy and continue killing kitties until at least level 40.

As I mentioned before I got some perfect cat's eye earrings - which I've decided to use - not only for the benefit of having that much more magic defense, but also so I can get used to having a lower MP cap. It doesn't effect me too much - but it was something I decided to give a try for a little while.

In terms of the exchange quest, I noticed that I had gotten return scrolls 4 separate times - so I've now got 60 of them. Considering I still have ~10-15 of the Perion scrolls I got from Shumi's Lost Coin - I'll probably never use them all. Maybe I'll transfer them to my wizard when I get a chance. I've also got 30 processed wood now - woo hoo!

Oh - and that's right - I started working some more on my wizard. Whopping level 8 when I put him down, and he's a whopping level 9 now! I just can't get into playing him for more than 10 minutes... which is fine - because that's how long it takes to use up all his MP... If I start playing him more than 10 minutes, I'll include him in my sig - but frankly he's not doing enough yet to warrant it.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 36 Fighter

No comments: