Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (4/13/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 4/13/2006 9:20:36 AM

Quote:Jesus christ! You're lvl 43!?
You're catching up to me fast! *is a lvl 56 fighter*


The funny thing is I feel like I level slowly...

Thanks for that shield from once upon a time. What are fighting on these days anyway? I see you from time to time in the free market I think - or maybe even just wandering about.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 43 Fighter

animeboi224
Posted 4/13/2006 9:23:09 AM
I can't believe I forgot to tag this....

It's nice reading about your progress, seeing as how i'm on scania, the over populated place...

---{scania}animeboi224~39 ice/lit (retired) AetherMage~2x cleric-to-be

mlugia
Posted 4/13/2006 9:32:51 AM
Awesome. That would double my money count XD

Animeboi: TIME FOR WINDIA

Anyways, it's a long weekend tonight. I might be on, but maybe I'll watch a movie with my stepsister(s) and my bro. Or... play maplestory if they avoid me, and they do. But my bro never avoid me (except when I ask for his homework)

Target: Lv 30 within 2 weeks!

garry_frost_9k
Posted 4/13/2006 11:01:04 AM

you level quick i remember reading this first when you were in the level 20's

TelinArtho
Posted 4/13/2006 11:35:51 AM
For anyone who might be looking soon (cough mlugia) - there's a steel tower shield that's slightly below avg up for sale. For the cheap price - you can upgrade it to either dex or str for less than what I paid for my shield - and then the defense will fix itself.

I realize that its probably a good chunk of your cash - but worth considering...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 43 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/13/2006 11:38:19 AM
O_O at the average price of 411k. Did someone scroll 5 10% scrolls on his and sold for 10million or something?

Thanks for the heads up. I'll think it over before making a bid.

TelinArtho
Posted 4/13/2006 11:52:40 AM
Well, I just lost out on an auction because I wasn't willing to pay as much as this guy. Drove up the price a total of 50k before it was done though... I still think the scroll is slightly underpriced for the market - but I don't feel like shelling 300k for a 60% shield scroll right now...

Not a big deal in any case.

And thanks to everyone coming in and stopping by. Feel free to post about your own experiences or even if you have any questions.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 43 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 4/13/2006 2:29:16 PM
Okay, here's my insightful/thoughtful post of the day.

Originally, when I was planning out the build for my Fighter, I had planned on taking 3 in Fury/Rage and then maxing out Power Guard before finishing Fury/Rage and then finish off fighter with Booster.

My original plan didn't take into account the possibility of partying, but if I continue to hang out with SwiftBacon - Rage would surely be much more useful to the both of us rather than just the 24 seconds I would get with just level 3 rage.

That being said, having power guard will allow me to fight stronger monsters (heh Mushmom...) with relative ease I think.

Booster is tempting as well, but I'm not sure that I'm as interested in that as the other two.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 43 Fighter

Assassin_XD
Posted 4/13/2006 6:56:58 PM
omg, you're 43 now!!!!! XD can't play today due to an essay, *wonder if I'll ever catch up*

---Windia - killa999999 - 3x AssassinAdd me now!!!

Thundon
Posted 4/13/2006 8:36:37 PM
Telin, don't let me change your build. Do it your way. Besides, I'm thinking of taking a week break. Look for the ATTN: SwiftBacon's blist.

Hopefully, in that time, you will catch up to me, or even pass me.

---SwiftBacon - Member of the Ebilness Guild - Windia

Slasher900
Posted 4/14/2006 5:40:14 AM
Hey Telin today I got hella lucky my guild members helped me out a lot and I made an arc staff (mostly the guild leader) and then I had just got this 60% staff scroll and I used it on it and IT WORKED Then I remembered I had some scrolls on my g/f's character and I got on it had my guild leader hold them and then I put them on my character I tried a 10% jump in my shoes just for the hell of it and IT FAILED oh well then I tried a 60% shield def scroll on my Esther shield below average and IT WORKED then I was like hmm..... I have this 60% helm def scroll and I tried it and IT................. WORKED!!!!!!!!So overall I had a good day of scrolling and I was enjoying the feeling of actually having a few scrolls work (DAMMIT NOW I AM ON A SCROLL RUSH) late into the night......

---TrueMiroku lv4x Fizard [Scania]

TelinArtho
Posted 4/14/2006 7:13:03 AM
Well two things happened last night of night. First of all, I've joined a guild. The guild leader is apparently a lurker and invited me in. Seemed nice enough - so I did. I'm not used to that much chat going by with having 10+ people on my lists at a time, so I was a little gun-shy - but that'll clear up eventually I imagine.

Secondly, I did some party questing last night, and was actually in a party with one of my guild mates. The party of us successfully ran through 3 full PQ (though I died in one). I think my boost in accuracy from having a high dex early is helping significantly.

There was a spear(wo)man in the party who asked me why I was wearing the level 25 helm - not the level 40 one. When I responded that my helm was better, her retort was "but no str bonus."

Hmm - +1 str or an extra 2 wdef, 7mdef and +2 in acc... not to mention that getting the level 40 helm isn't exactly easy... in any case like most situations - many people in Maple Story assume I'm handicapped for making different decisions...

The only item of note was a Black Napoleon I think from the bonus stage. It was my first couple of times in bonus - so I was just happy to be there (and not lose 9% from dying versus Alishar). Two hours into my playing last night, I had gained a piddly 4% (though I was AFK for most of the time previous to that). By the end of the night I had gained ~30% or so - so the PQ helped a fair bit.

I wasn't able to connect with either of the sellers for items that I bid on at Basil, I guess I'll just have to catch up with them on Saturday.

I won't be playing tonight. I'm going down to Foxwoods for the night with the wife to play some poker. Hopefully it will go well - for extra money is always good...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 43 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 4/14/2006 7:38:24 AM
My own auctions haven't done much overnight - the remaining korean fan ends in a few minutes - probably still at 300k. The 10% Overall DEF scroll has got 3 bids on it now and is up to a whopping 12k. The Cat's Eye which ends in a few hours still has no bid on it.

Aerylus - your spear is up to 120k - which I'm sure you are happy about. Good luck in its last hour.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 43 Fighter

Slasher900
Posted 4/14/2006 7:47:20 AM
ok I AM ****in crazy as these 2 lizards and a crusader said to me for going after Maci's I killed one then jumped for joy hehehehe that scroll rush wont let me SLEEPthats all for now and Fraps is cool

---TrueMiroku lv4x Fizard [Scania]

Slasher900
Posted 4/14/2006 7:53:13 AM
sorry for the double post but congratz on your pqs last night and congrats on making it into a guild slow down on your leveling your gonna pass me Also I just jumped down and was forced to kill 6 in a row or I woulda died so many potions wasted ACK and I didn't get to use fraps either :'(

---TrueMiroku lv4x Fizard [Scania]

Thundon
Posted 4/14/2006 8:29:36 AM
Dave, I need advice. Should I just save up money to buy a prescrolled slain or buy my own slain and scroll it?

---SwiftBacon - Member of the Ebilness Guild - Windia

PreacherMaple
Posted 4/14/2006 8:39:24 AM
Hey Bacon, the slain question, comes down to how well scrolled the weapon is you want to buy. On top of any raw value for the item clean + the scrolls you have to take into consideration your own scrolling not working. Thats where the risk comes in. Assuming you are going to scroll with something other than 100%s.

On a similar topic I just found a steel avarice with 23 wa XD I guess that makes it easier to decide what to do for a weapon now. Still haven't decided on scrolling it yet. I'm almost level 37 now and still not really making any money, just using anything I do get to go right back out there and do it again.

No comments: