Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (4/14/2006)

Thundon
Posted 4/14/2006 9:59:26 AM
Thanks for the help guys.

Every little attack is worth alot to sins. The damage formula is so great when factoring in weapon attacks. A "cheap" sin's damage compared to a well-funded sin is terrible, and the difference in damage can be seen much more in the higher levels.

I think I will just wait until I get to level 50. It's just depressing that I had high hopes for level 50. All of my levels up to this point, I'm wearing sucky equips (incomplete marine set lole) and it always seems I have to endure it out -_- But I'll look on the bright side and see how far I've come. I just hope I get enough money in the next 3 levels.

To answer your questions:

Quote:1. Are you going to be satisfied with a +1 Slain?
Definitely no. If it's only +1 on the 27 att dark slain, it would turn up to be 29 attack, which is the same attack as my avarice, which is the level 40 claw I'm using right now. I've never had a scrolling project before as I'm used to buying prescrolled stuff. If I do scroll, I hope I'm lucky. That reminds me that when I sell my avarice, I will have an extra 500k.

Or do you have enough cash on hand to scroll 2 or even 3 if the first one or two doesn't get scrolled well?
I usually just look on sleepywood.net and there's usually not much selling clean slains. I have limited money and I don't think I can try that technique.

If you use 60% scrolls, on average you'll end up with something that is +4. If you have the money to do so, I would say - go for it - if +4 is what you are looking for.
This would turn up to be 35 attack which is 4 mil. Hmm, I think I'm starting to get an idea. These questions are helping.

Quote:2. What other equipment are you in need of?
I need blue china pants (which is 100k or more). And snowshoes (29k if clean, millions if scrolled for DEX) which I will probably just buy clean. Then gloves, which can wait since it's hard to find sellers.

How long are you planning on keeping the slain? How well will it resell if you scroll it yourself and only get +1 or 2 over 7 slots? Are you willing to eat that loss of money? How well will it resell if you buy it prescrolled? (in other words - are pre-scrolled slains in high demand?)
Well I'll be using all through 50's obviously and I know some keep it through their 60's as well. It's important that at least 3 works (+6 attack) because in other words, a person can easily +7 100% it and have higher attack. And yes, prescrolled anything is generally cheaper and high in demand.

That's where I would start. Hopefully that helps some.

Thanks it did help, I think I will wait until level 50 to see how much meso I'm working with. Scrolling is too risky.

---SwiftBacon - Member of the Ebilness Guild - Windia

TelinArtho
Posted 4/14/2006 10:38:23 AM
Here's an option for hedging your bets on the scrolling then. Again - this is still making the assumption that the bonus in accuracy is not needed.

Aim for a target bonus for attack. It seems to me that +10 is what you are looking for. You can get this by scrolling 60% successfully on the first 3 slots and then finishing with 100% or by doing 4 successfully in the first 5 slots and finishing with 100%.

Alternatively, you can get 1 10% to work in the first two slots and finish it with 100% or 1 10% and 2 60% to work in the first 6 slots (finishing with 100%).

The goal here is not to get "the best possible" and getting lucky with 7 scrolls of 60%, but rather to get as close to your target as possible as safely as possible.

Assuming you completely throw out using the 10% scrolls, then just purchase your first three 60% and use them on the slain. If they work - you can safely get to +10 with the 100%. If one fails, you can buy 2 more scrolls and use them. At this point, if you don't have a +4 slain - you'll have to either give up here on the +10 or go for broke with the 60% on the rest of the slots.
Getting three 60% scrolls to work in the first three slots is about a 20% chance - which is not too bad.

The other way to look at it is trying to get the absolute best possible. On average, scrolling 7 slots with 60% will result in a +4 Slain (+8 att). There's a 40% chance (about) to be +5 (+10 att), but it drops down to 15-16% for +6, and 2.7% for +7. If the first 4 work - would you try the last 3 slots with 60% or just finish it off with 100% for a +11 attack?

Options abound...

Of course, the best would be to get one started with a 10% in your first slot. This assumes you'd have the cash to get multiple slains (not dark ones obviously - maybe sapphire), but it get's you a fairly good chance of a +11 or +12 or higher.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 43 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 4/14/2006 10:39:43 AM
Oh and mlugia - I'm not ignoring your question about the name of my guild. I just don't remember it off the top of my head...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 43 Fighter

Squirrelphobic
Posted 4/14/2006 11:10:12 AM
Through the miracle of evolution the warriors have finally managed to produce a Lire. Wow, just wow...

---MS IGN: Fironix Lvl 33 Hunter

Thundon
Posted 4/14/2006 11:25:01 AM
If the first four work, I would immediately stop scrolling and sell it. +8 attack with 3 slots left can go for alot. And just to let you know, +14 attack (all 60% working) is worth 12 mil.

It's really cool that you're putting alot of effort for this david, I appreciate it.

Also, I don't know if I'm going to scroll it yet. I still have 3 levels to go. If I don't earn any money when I hit 50, at the most I will have 3 mil (after selling avarice and NPC'ing stuff). 3 mil can net me 34 attack slain. Keep in mind 33 attack slains is worth at the most 1 mil, any less than that is crap due to 100% scrolls. The market of thief equipment is screwed, I know.

The reason 10% is not used much on 7 slots is that it's very rare to work. If you're lucky, you would get +2. If we put this example on slains, that would be 6 attack, you're better off 100%'ing it. 60% tend to be more reliable and produce better outcomes. If you're going to use 10%, it is used much more on 10 slots (sauna dex robe) where failure is expected or even 5 slots, where people scroll the first few slots with slots left and sell it.

The thing is, I've been told and I know that I should save for an attack glove. Attack gloves will last me all my levels. But I don't even have the money to buy my claw, much less my glove.
But I will say it again, I will wait until I hit 50 before I think about this again. Thanks for the help though.

---SwiftBacon - Member of the Ebilness Guild - Windia

Sp00kyMuffin
Posted 4/14/2006 12:18:48 PM
Reached lv27, last night on Blizzaria.Almost 42%.

Hope to level hard tonight and get to about level 29!

---oMS, Windia: Blizzaria, lv2X Magician; SereneGrace, lv2X Xbowgirl

Thundon
Posted 4/14/2006 7:32:22 PM

Okay, I just couldn't help myself but look through sleepywood's barter board once more. Looking through Scania's market this time, I'm really surprised at how expensive items are compared to Windia. I'm talking about a 56 attack Scarab selling for 1.7 billion.

http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/show...ght=atk+scarab

Well because of this thread, it reminded me that 10% adds +5 attack! Err, this puts things off...
-Spooky, you're leveling fast. What happened to Anzu btw? >_>

---SwiftBacon - Member of the Ebilness Guild - Windia

Thundon
Posted 4/14/2006 8:37:27 PM
Slasher, what level are you? I imagine it would be hard to kill Tauros in your 4X unless you're an ice wizard... which you're not.

How many hits does it take you to kill one?

Telin, I wish we could do stuff like these. You know, hunt higher level monsters since we're working as a team. I see that as long as you have accuracy to hit the higher level monster, we can take it down in a couple of seconds. Maybe we can try golems? eh? XD

---SwiftBacon - Member of the Ebilness Guild - Windia

Assassin_XD
Posted 4/14/2006 10:07:02 PM
Congrats on the guild. Over the weekend I hope to get to at least lvl 34 and PQ in maybe 2 weeks

---Windia - killa999999 - 3x AssassinAdd me now!!!

Slasher900
Posted 4/14/2006 11:39:47 PM
YAY for lv 45ness also I took down Stone golems at like 32-35 forgot when and I took on Dark SG at 36 they cant hit you if you dont let them and they arent that hard and I just like to prove that its not so hard as people like to make it ou to be also its not something I do all the time except if I have a healer ummm it takes about..... 5-6 actual hits sometimes less but as long as I hit them they go down pretty fast I will do it again tonight and tell you how many hits it takes I also could take down Wild Cargoes at level 38-40 in 3-5 ACTUAL hits but I missed a lot also I was hoping for comments on my lucky scrollings and DAMMIT David SLOOOOOOOW down on leveling please.... your making me hate my life......Which secretly happens to currently be Maple Story

---TrueMiroku lv4x Fizard [Scania]

No comments: