Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (3/23/2006)

PreacherMaple
Posted 3/23/2006 12:04:59 PM
I waited until 39 for the simple fact that I have levelled a wizard at kitties on Scania and know that it is a hotly contested area. At 39 I was able to outkill wizards and sins of comparable level.
Bearing in mind that I would rather change channels to keep my constant rate of exp gain than fight someone for a space. But at times you have to make taking the channel from you such a pain that the other person just moves on for easier pickings.

As you mention splitting a level with someone of around equal level (and skill!) can result in a faster spawn. As a wizard the upper platforms were best, but I found today that the bottom favoured my PS and gained me an extra % every 10 mins (warrior pills are my current timer du jour).

---Darktyde Level 50 Lizard Scania (Currently holidaying in Orbis)

mlugia
Posted 3/23/2006 12:12:02 PM
Archers suffer from Min range, which sucks because to kill any of the three platforms, I have to jump in, attract attention with an IA, cast booster, and jump around, taking ~3-4 hits before I get a clear lane to spam IA until the 6 kittens die. The bottom level though, is secks. I stand, see one coming, DS, normal shot, rinse and repeat. I don't use double DS to conserve MP.

I should really store some of my items. I have a return scroll slot for all the towns in vic, but I'm not there anymore...

TelinArtho
Posted 3/23/2006 12:27:21 PM
I'm thankful I've rarely had to deal with others on my screens unless I wanted them there. Windia is so sparse at the times I usually play that having one or two people come in to the screen/channel I'm on has only happened a handful of times. When I played on a Saturday afternoon once at Wild Boars - I couldn't stand it. Same time at Ant Tunnel was annoying too. Usually though, I'm alone unless with a party or with buddies.

I've used some of my warrior potions on occasion at kitties, but I don't notice much of a difference. This is probably because I'm at an awkward place in my stats where I can "usually" kill in 4 hits (and sometimes 5), and with the warrior potion it is still 4 hits, but sometimes 3. The difference is definitely slight. Once I've used up my warrior potions, I might move on to the pills - but the potions were all from drops in land of the wild boar - so I figured I might as well use them first.

On the other potions, I've used the dexterity ones on occasion as well, and they seem to help a little - though again, not much. I haven't used the speed potions/pills I've got - but I've never felt I needed to move faster anyway - they just seem like a waste of money (I'd be better off selling them off). Of course, the wizard potions I've accumulated from Zombie Mushrooms (40 of them) are completely useless to me. If I don't find a buyer for those, my level 9 wizard will start using them...

For mlugia - I would probably just sell the town scrolls to specific areas. Since they're only used in Victoria - and each town in Vic has a cab to use with the exception of Sleepywood - it just isn't worth taking up the slots for them - especially in your case where you need space for arrows. Keep a few for Sleepywood maybe and maybe a handful for one other town (probably not - just get the "closest" ones from the trade-in).

When I come back to kitties (undoubtedly in a few days - I really don't like Ludi yet...), we'll get together. I can probably handle the three platforms if needed - but it would be smoother with just the top two. Maybe we'll split the bottom one.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 36 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 3/23/2006 12:51:30 PM
That'd be awesome. The best part of hitting Lv 40, I've found, is that I have 1 minute of soul arrow per cast, dramatically reducing my need for arrows (I have 3 slots left over, but I'd prolly stay to 1 slot after they run out), which frees up, literally, 2 rows of space that I've already filled with other crap T_T. Like the town scrolls...

Maybe I'll mule them. I don't like buying and selling when I'm losing some money

PreacherMaple
Posted 3/23/2006 12:52:38 PM
The speed potions/pills don't add much to your overall speed, is it +3? However, don't under-estimate the difference in training speed a good set of speed equips will make.

Consider a pet and a bow/wings for it, scroll it with the practically worthless pet scrolls, that'll add an easy 10 to your speed. In light of the time we invest in this game $5 is nothing really.
I picked up a pair of blue white bottomed shoes with +9 speed, there is a massive difference in price between shoes with +10 and those with +9, and frankly 1 speed makes no appreciable difference.

Your one big outlay for speed equips will probably be an icarus(2) cape. You may be lucky and win it from icarus himself.

With these I saw a huge increase in my training speed as a wizard, and my warrior enjoys the same boost.

---Darktyde Level 50 Lizard Scania (Currently holidaying in Orbis)

TelinArtho
Posted 3/23/2006 1:21:36 PM
I agree $5 is nothing in the long run. However, if you consider that I play poker - so time playing this game is taking me away from that - I'm losing quite a bit of money playing Maple Story... I digress however.

Regardless, I'll probably restrict spending money on the game until a) I feel like "fixing" my "bad" 5/5 stats or b) I feel like selling stuff in the Free Market.

On the first - I don't feel that my character is overly hindered by the 2 points in luk and int - so that's not likely to happen.

On the second - I'm still selling relatively inexpensive things through Sleepywood and a network of people I communicate with. Spending money on a shop permit will probably only happen if I get a backlog of several million worth of things.

In terms of speed - I agree the +3 is nothing special, but I am intending on getting some speed equipment at some point. So far though I just have been spending my money elsewhere (like scrolling my cutlus...). Now that most of my current equipment is scrolled to my liking for the next few levels, I can focus on getting some speed scrolls to help.

For mlugia - what days during the week do you usually play? I'll probably be in Ludi for at least the weekend, but maybe after that we can get together for it. By then, I'll be doing a fair bit more damage than I am (because I'll at least be 37, possibly 38), so my training speed should be even faster than it is now.

Also, of the people who have done Cheng's quest - how's the jumping? That'll probably be my first quest when I get over there to do.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 36 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 3/23/2006 1:56:29 PM
I'm on a work term (4 months) away from university, so I have a fair amount of time to waste until the end of April. I'm usually on after 10pm EST on weekdays, going as late as 1am if I feel like it (usually just 12 though, but I do get on earlier some days if 24 or american idol isn't on :X)
I'm away this weekend anyways, going back to university again to visit friends and apparently go drinking... hehe drinking.

TelinArtho
Posted 3/23/2006 8:49:35 PM
Two hours...

that's how long it took for me to dislike Ludi...

On my way back to kitties in Orbis. mlugia - if you get on and feel like partying - come on over.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 36 Fighter

Thundon
Posted 3/23/2006 11:14:16 PM
It's SwiftBacon, the sin.

Sorry I couldn't stay longer, I thought I had to go. And when I came back, I didn't feel like logging on again.

Anyways, about Cheng's Jump Quest, it's very very difficult, I couldn't finish it. You can attempt to jump it but you will probably be annoyed or run out of time (20 minutes or 10 minutes I believe). Plus, some of the obstacles deal damage, which can go as high as 150 or so.
If you guys are partying, don't forget to include me. I would be happy to work with you guys, but I understand if it's too crowded. When I level, I will try to put more into Haste. I'm guessing I will just PQ my way to 43 since grinding for a long time isn't my thing. Can I add you mlugia (is that your IGN)?

I don't use double DS to conserve MP.

I do the same.

Even if Lucky7 hits faster.

---SwiftBacon - Member of the Omega Guild - Windia

No comments: