Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (3/15/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 3/15/2006 8:10:33 AM
So between offering up my shouldermail pants to a guy who was buying them, and then asking for a price check, I had a a total of 3 people looking for the pants.

Essentially, I sold it for more than I expected to get for them, given that they were below average - but it did make me wonder if I was making a mistake. Will I be able to find another pair of pants (either from a drop or from buying them) before I'm level 50 myself?
Granted the extra cash right now will help support my scrolling habit (which is happily curbed with my 0 slot helmet and being close to level 35 - so I don't want to upgrade most of my equipment that I'll replace next level). That being said, I kind of feel bad for the original buyer - he wasn't on in the time frame I gave him to get there. I do wonder if I could've gotten more for them, but that's just food for the wind I guess.

Anyway, since it was my birthday yesterday, I didn't play much - maybe an hour or two at most - and most of that was spent in transit from Ludi back to Victoria - wasting me another 15k. Why do I keep travelling like that?

I went and spent a few minutes at boars but was not terribly impressed with how crowded it was - so I decided I would go down to ant tunnel for a little while and see about getting a better cutlus.

This level has seemed to me to be taking forever, but that's mostly because I've had a number of really short sessions - I would be surprised if I'm up as high as 30% - I think I've got about 40k exp right now, which is 28%, so that sounds about right. I'm sure I'm getting exp at a decent rate, I just haven't really been watching it and since I've been 33 for a few days now - it just feels like it is slow. One solid 2-3 hour session though should help put it away.
I'll be buying 2 more 60% scrolls that I've placed offers for, which will put me at 3 or 4. I'm still looking for a reasonably priced 10% scroll (reasonable to me...), but I haven't seen a single one in a quite a while. I've also got a 10% helm scroll in stock and another being sold to me by someone on my buddy list.

At level 35, I get to sell my triangular shield to someone already on my list, and equip my battle shield - so that'll be nice.

I was contemplating keeping my current set of armor over upgrading to the chainmail, but I haven't decided for sure. The issue I'm having is the only real benefit of the chainmail is the magic defense - as I get the ability bonus from my current top/bottom and I have more weapon defense from them. The 5hp bonus is negligible of course, but maybe the magic defense is significant enough.

The main problem I have with upgrading is that I won't be scrolling it/won't be scrolling it much - since I'm planning on upgrading to the level 40 equipment, for a vastly better weapon defense and equivalent ability bonuses.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 33 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 3/15/2006 3:11:51 PM
I did some scroll price-checking today - mostly around sleepywood's market, and mostly for glove scrolls specifically. This is mostly because I'm intending on scrolling my Dark Briggon when I hit 35, so I wanted to get a gauge on how much it would cost me. I would try to scroll it for attack, but that is, quite frankly, way out of my price range.

However, getting some 10% dex scrolls for 100k seems reasonable enough. Its no big deal if I get them and they fail - I'm just looking to boost my accuracy a little anyway. If one does work, I'll probably finish it off with 100% dex scrolls that I can buy.

I'm also more than a little disappointed with the price of shield scrolls. If shields are so "useless" - why are their prices so high? I see no value in getting a 10% shield scroll for 250k - and that seems to be close to the low end of the spectrum - with 60%'s running around the 600k range. I realize that non-fighters use the shields and try to help their already abysmal defense, but come on!

Perhaps shield scrolls are a little more rare too - as helmet scrolls, in my opinion are much more widely useful - yet a 10% scroll will probably run you in the range of 20-50k instead. Bah!

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 33 Fighter

No comments: