Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (3/31/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 3/31/2006 3:13:30 PM
Looking around, it just occured to me that I haven't gotten new boots for level 40. Since I'm going to be using a str top - to replace the dex that I previously gained from it, I'm contemplating getting Brown Jangoon Boots. Looking over the requirements for them, they actually aren't too bad.

4 adamantium, 100 leather, 40 dragon skins, 100 ligator skins, 38k

Brown Jangoon Boots: 24 wdef, +2 dex, +20 mp

I've already got the adamantium, and the leather. I've been thinking about trying copper drakes - and collecting 40 skins shouldn't be too much trouble. The 100 ligator skins are even easier.
I haven't sold myself on doing it yet, but the net would be +6 on wdef (always good in my opinion), +1 dex, and +20 mp. The mp boost is actually useful as well since I am cutting down on my usage of leaf earrings in order to boost my magic defense (perfect cat's eye - moving on to blue moons)---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 39 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 3/31/2006 3:59:37 PM
Why in the world would someone pay 900k for an Avg. Gold Brist?

Gold brist: 1 steel brist, 4 gold, 60kSteel brist: 3 steel, 2 diamonds, 30 dragon skins, 45 screws, 50k

For a total of 3 steel (30k ish - if you don't have them already), 2 diamonds (200k), 4 gold (200k), 45 screws (~45k), 110k plus the 30 dragon skins (which at level 50 are no problem for a warrior).

The screws are no problem even if you don't have the steel/bronze plates to make 15 at a time. Steel drops so frequently, I can't imagine not having 30 of them by level 50.
The diamonds and gold are perhaps the sticking point of trouble here. Even if you can't accumulate them over time - 10k/5k for diamonds and gold respectively are completely reasonable to find in the free market.

Even if you have to buy all of the raw materials you're looking at 550k - 750k - maybe. 900k? Is it for the "convenience" of not having to buy the individual pieces?

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 39 Fighter

SyLvIA_S15
Posted 3/31/2006 4:16:57 PM
You guys make me want to join Windia. ;____;

---Broa [2x] Assassin KatamatsuMember of the Azure guild

Thundon
Posted 4/1/2006 8:13:36 AM
Gold brist: 1 steel brist, 4 gold, 60kSteel brist: 3 steel, 2 diamonds, 30 dragon skins, 45 screws, 50k

Well FM Prices are very overpriced, but it's easy to search:

30 Steel Ores: 150k (5k each)
20 Diamond Ores: 300k (15k each?)
30 Dragon Skins: 18k (600 each)
45 Screws: 9k (200~ each or more)
+50k
40 Gold Ores: 800k (17k-20k more or less rarely)
+60k
Gold Ores are very expensive. But I still agree, gold brist for 900k is very overpriced. Might as well hunt for one.

Anyways, I should have joined you guys yesterday. My PQs were HORRIBLE. We didn't get in. Only like 2 times, in the morning. Then after thatm only one time. I wasted my time and I only earned 20%. Also, I switched guild to Ebilness now.

---SwiftBacon - Member of the Omega Guild - Windia

TelinArtho
Posted 4/3/2006 7:59:20 AM
Thundon - it looks like you and I have different ideas on the cost of the items that make up the brist... oh well. Not a big deal anyway.

So a busy weekend for sure. I managed to go through a large number of quests in Ludi - finishing up most of Marcel's quests (still need to take out 1 rombot), Nemi's quests, Lost Guard, the various Roly Polys up to level 40. Other than the rombot one, I also have the Mac the Mechanic one left - which I almost did - but didn't because I don't need the slot taken up for more summoning bags.

As can be expected, I made it to level 40. Upgrading my armor was an absolute comedy...
I went looking for jangoon pants in the free market and didn't find any (even querying in the entrance...). So I just went and bought some at the store. I did however find a pair of +2 Blue Jangoon boots (+1 avoid and +1 jump). Nothing special - but reasonably priced.
After that I took my top and bottom to town with scrolling:

On the top - 1 60% scroll worked, 6 10% failed. Yuck.
On the bottom - 1 60% worked, 1 60% failed, 5 10% failed. Yuck Yuck.
On my shoes, I had a 60% speed scroll from Assistant Cheng - so I used that and it worked (yes my shoes now do a very small amount of everything...).

I was a little discouraged, but I found another person selling jangoon pants - that were clean and already better than what I had - so I bought them. I also got 2 shield scrolls (10%) and 3 more 10% bottomwear scrolls. All 5 of these failed.

So yeah - scrolling wasn't too nice... I'll probably just settle for now and upgrade to the shouldermail at 50.

I did manage to sell off my Dark Arten (below avg) for 500k - which was very nice.

Beyond that, I trained for a while in Ossyria on kitties and find them even more profitable now than before. Star Pixies fall nicely into the range of Power Strike with Final Attack now as well - so I can fight them for a little longer than before.

After about 500 horns, I went back to Victoria and worked on the quests available over there, most significantly Shumi's B3. Took a little while, but once I got the hang of it - it wasn't too bad. That said, the scroll I got (10% speed I think) - failed.

I started Jane's quest and finished off the Maple History quest.

To finish things off for the weekend, I went and played on the beach of Florina. Although to start off I was having a hard time dealing with the lorangs (gathered 5 claws in the time they did around 2k damage), I adjusted fairly well and collected the remaining to finish up Florina II, using ~30 lemons and ~20 white potions and ~10 supreme hot dogs. Once I got into a groove with them, it really wasn't bad.

The funny part about Florina though - a mage came in to try to outkill me at LorangX3. I was at the top resting for a moment (checking on my kids), and when I came back, he was floudering at the bottom, trying to kill the mobs down there with a pitiful magic claw. By the time I got down there, he had partially wounded a few. He was taking bump damage of around 100+, but dealing only ~400 or so per magic claw. I slash blasted the mob until they were gone - and he decided better of the screen...

I'll go back to Florina in a few more levels - not only to finish off the Florina quests, but also to train. In my short time there, I did get 2 significant drops - a 51 att aluminum baseball bat and a 51 att korean fan (5 avoid, 5 acc). Both are above average and if I recall correctly can fetch a nice price. I'll have to check on them though before offering them up for sale.

I finished the weekend with about 50%+ into level 40. Working on the quests did slow my training down, but it did keep things interesting. Block golems were fun to fight for a short while (3 PS took them down - less if FA activated). I can't say I was too happy to fight tweeters - their low spawn and nasty attack just didn't make them very appealing.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 40 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/3/2006 8:14:57 AM
I regret to inform you, Telin, that I might not be on Aerythn for awhile. I've gotten my warrior, Aerylus, to Lv 19 now (IMHO one of the worst levels, alongside 24 and 29), so I'm 1 level away from being able to do much better damage, and exp rate is boring and slow I really don't like Orange mushrooms >_<

My time on MS will not likely decrease by a lot, but I'm finding it pretty refreshing on the warrior, even though I can't do enough damage just yet. I'm waiting for the Lv 25 Fusion Mace (And then mass scrolling so I can wait till 35 for cutlus) eagerly, that level can't come soon enough.

Wow, Lv 40, you're fast I have a lot of ground to make up, and Warriors aren't that great till Lv 35 when mastery is close to max. Otherwise the 20-200 damage range is painful. Even when trying to kill slimes >_<

sgtshark
Posted 4/3/2006 8:24:39 AM
I reached 50% to 44 on Friday night, and haven't played since then...I dunno why, I had free time this weekend, but just did other stuff.

PreacherMaple
Posted 4/3/2006 8:29:53 AM
Good find on the Fan and baseball bat.

I levelled my fighter to 48 on Block/King gollems on floor 8 of the tower, great experience and good drops, slains and arc staffs.

I have moved over to Windia for a change and am levelling up a magician to cleric status so that I can have a shot at funding a Sin, not steelies level of funding but enough to keep myself in potions and not have to scrape together every meso and live life on the povert line.
If you guys ever get back to Vic do a find on Ramulosus and I'll probably be in the Ellinia trees for now.

Windia is a refreshing change population density wise and even managed to ok levelling (at a very low level) in HHG1 of all places...on a weekend! If you have spent any time on scania you'll know why thats so shocking

No comments: