Thursday, September 14, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (5/25/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 5/25/2006 7:33:23 AM
Well, due to some poor financial planning this month, I have managed to get my cable internet turned off for non-payment. That being said, as soon as I get my next paycheck - I'll be back online.

In other words - I'm on a forced hiatus from all things online while at home (which includes Maple Story). I'll still be checking in here when I'm at work - but that's about it. Guess this gives everyone a chance to "catch up" - looking at you killa and bacon and chester...

Slasher - that's a good set of data points. Like I said - it doesn't jive with what I've found on my warrior - but I'll have to test it more fully and with a better number of data points. (and a data point is just a hit that you took - nothing more nothing less - a piece of data).

See you all on next Thursday.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 52 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 5/25/2006 8:07:47 AM
Sorry to hear about that, it's just one bad luck after another right now, huh? I'm too busy to play often right now too, so next you see me, I'll be lucky to be Lv 43... Hopefully =D

I'll take some measurements for you too when I go back to xbowing, see if there's any difference between classes. I'm taking 15-18dmg from kitties right now with Lv 40 armor. I love not taking big damage like Aerythn did!

Stoatboy
Posted 5/25/2006 8:26:03 AM
I wish I was on Windia....

Anyways, I finally will be following these posts from now on, so you have another reader.

---Stealthstoat 5x Hunter. Proud leader of the Stealth Guild.

Slasher900
Posted 5/25/2006 2:57:22 PM
David when you get your mage up to a higher level then you can test it with him....

TelinArtho
Posted 5/26/2006 7:29:58 AM
But my magician is already a powerhouse level 12!

Anyway - internet is still out at home - so no new update today...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 52 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 5/26/2006 11:34:06 PM
Well, since you have no update, I'll do something =D

Today was a good day. It was friday, I had an interview for a computer science tutoring job for next semester (fall 2006), and it was raining like a softie at Brokeback Mountain.

I headed out to the Gym with my friends after dinner for badminton, but it was too busy, so we ended up working out instead. We came home, and while everyone else played poker (3 buck buyins, cheap I know), I mapled.

Aerylus hit 42 today, I had to use Aerythn's Double Shot to get the medicine with bad vibes off the darned Wraiths... Only to end up with an Icarus (1). Disappointing, but Aerythn was 60% into 41, so I have another crack at it.

After Aerylus finished that quest, I played Aerythn, trying to get him to level. Unfortunately, since he was in Vic, he didn't have much in the way of leveling choice. First, I went to the forest of wisdom, finished off Cody's quest for a maple flag (I needed one last candle). Then, when the green mushies dropped nothing, I went to the subway. Amazingly, over 50% of the maps in the subway were hacked one way or another. Seriously, what the hell?

Then I remembered Sleepywood, quite a nice dungeon. And at 1AM, it lacked people! I found an empty Tunnel 1 map easily, but I kept getting disconnected (stupid internet!). None of the horny mushrooms dropped anything (except potions and their caps), nor did anything else I fought there.

I hit 80%... after 2 hours. Wow, that's pretty bad. Around 79%, two guys came into the tunnel, and one asked another: "Do you have any horny mush caps I can have? I need 100." The other responded with, "Nope, I have 30 but I need 100 too,"

So they turn to me, and I did have the 200. I climbed up to where they were, and dropped 100 for the first guy. He picked it up, and the other guy, not realizing I was going to drop another 100, got very angry. First a "Hey!" and then, as the first guy left with the caps he needed, the second guy chased after. I yelled for him to come back, but to no avail.

Five minutes later, person B was back, asking if I had more caps. Of course I did, so I dropped some. Angrily, he declared "I'm going to defame him!", and then asked how many I gave the first guy. I responded truthfully, and then asked him why he would defame person A. His response: "Because I feel like it."

I'm starting to regret being nice to people in MS, but not yet cynical enough to care that much. In terms of drops, I got a wooden shield off Bubblings and a Grey Able Armour as well. Oh well, maybe tomorrow will be better?

Zabulba
Posted 5/26/2006 11:45:25 PM
That guy was going to find the other guy and defame him for no reason, instead of faming you for giving the caps. Maple is pretty sad sometimes.

Thundon
Posted 5/27/2006 9:07:17 AM
Sorry to hear that David. I actually have the time this weekend to train (at least I hope nothing comes up), and to keep you updated, I reached 52 yesterday and I'm training at golems now.

---SwiftBacon - Windia:

Thundon
Posted 5/27/2006 5:26:49 PM
=___=I went to tobos today and found a kandayo. Unfortunately, it was 20 WAttack, the lowest below average. I guess I can't be too picky, I was so excited when I found it, and it was ironic since I was telling myself at the time that if I expect it, it won't happen.

Other than that,I'm at 80%. You can be sure to find me on during the 2x EXP tonight. I missed last nights Guys, keep in mind that this will be the last 2x EXP set. I won't be on during Sunday's 1 PM (EST) so I can't miss this one.

---SwiftBacon - Windia:

Slasher900
Posted 5/28/2006 4:50:33 AM
Well I have a big update for you guys and girlsI started the night at about 50% and I was training at jeti I gained close to 12% the first hour I was there and I happened to find an empty map.... Well I was at about 65% or a little more by the time 2x exp came around when that started I lost my map :"( I was like Oh well I am just gonna go find somewhere else so I head over to Jr Pepe on floor 1 of Orbis Tower....I trained there for about 20 minutes before finally getting fed up with changing channels and being forced out by 3-4 people coming in at a time... So I say hmmm I have about 9 trade ins of jeti skins and my inventory is almost full I guess I am gonna head back to orbis.... So I head back to Orbis and I think hmm... I am gonna go trade in the skins....Well first set I got 5 screws I was like dam good deal... Then next set Salad then white potions and such well by the end of trade ins I had 80 Salads (20 each time) and I had 153 white pots which I had about 70 before that or so...Well on my 8th trade in I got the scroll from them 10 Topwear for def I was like SWEET so I was pretty happy...(trade ins still only give you 500 even during 2x exp)Well bye that time I was 82% or so then I went to Disposed Flower Garden I was training rather uncaringly killing things asking trespassers to leave and such.... Well during the time of 1 guy (50+ warrior) he killed a nependeath or a Lunar Pixie and a Korean Fan dropped and I was like OUCH that sucks I been training here for a while and I havent gotten any drops... the guy dropped the K-Fan and let me have it for nothing and left I was all O.O thx and he left.... Also sometime during my training and chatting with friends someone came into my channel and Vacced about 10-20 nependeaths into the lower right corner... I was like HOLY **** so I kill them all and collect my loot nothing eventful about that....I then made my level after a while and thats about it nothing else really eventful happened.... oh and I got a Blue Lumati (F) when killing jeti's...So other than those few things my night was uneventful... I actually feel I had a great night overall for the first time in a long time

No comments: