Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (3/28/2006)

mlugia
Posted 3/28/2006 7:29:21 AM
Sorry about last night guys, I logged onto my mule to retrieve something, but then for some reason MS decided to stop connecting. It was 12am anyways, so I went to bed >_< color="#009900">Quote:If you can't get your accuracy that high, surely levels will balance it out. Mushmom is level 40, and by about ~5 levels above it, you can hit it consistently.
According to HS, Mushmom is level 60 - and that is definitely the most prevalent reason for my not being able to hit her.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 38 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 3/28/2006 7:43:13 AM
No problem, I think it worked out pretty well while we had the screen to ourselves. We should try again sometime.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 38 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 3/28/2006 7:50:11 AM
To start, since a few have asked for screen shots, I compiled this one (edited in the multiple equipment highlights) during one of my downtimes last night.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Nothing special quite yet, but I'm happy with my helm and my sword. My briggon has a decent shot at being good - but I need a fair bit more money to finish scrolling it.

Anyway, last night I got the pleasure of partying with both Aerythn and SwiftBacon. I think it worked out pretty well with the three of us at Jr. Grupins - but I'm not completely sure if the rate of experience was optimal. It definitely was more fun than just grinding solo (for me at least).

We had one person come in who actively tried to push me off (a lightning wizard) - but with SwiftBacon's delicate persuasion skills (read: Kill Stealing...), he eventually learned the error of his ways and left the channel. Up to this point I had never asked someone to change channels, but since the three of us had been there for a good half-hour and having four on the screen wouldn't work - I felt it was justified. And when he started kill-stealing me, well, let's just say I wasn't too pleased about it.

I didn't get anything for drops last night except for a LUK crystal and a Power crystal - bringing me up to 4 and 2 respectively I think. Since I still have so few of them, they are significant enough to note, but I realize they are nothing all that special.

Just for reference, I know I was using up potions a lot quicker last night than usual, but after horn trade ins, I found I had used a grand total of 15 blue potions/pills over the course of the night. I had also used up ~10-15 hot dog supremes (as well as white potions dropped and the fried chicken from the trade in). Before I had logged off for the night, I had done a total of 5 tradeins - so that's about 1500 kitties (if my guess of a 33% drop is close to accurate for horns).

I netted 25% experience last night, but that doesn't include the 9% I lost when I managed to get myself killed... If I work it out, 1500 kitties would be ~97k xp, which is about 40% - so that number is probably a little high. Horns probably drop a little faster then, but not by much.
Well, that's about it. I don't know if I'll be on tonight - but I look forward to partying with you guys in the future - I think it worked pretty well.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 38 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 3/28/2006 7:58:01 AM
Indeed, I think we complement each other nicely, since I can do literally nothing against clumps, while you can slash blast them to hell and back. Haste was awesome, Bacon, it was like I moved faster ;o

We should definately do it again. Hell, we should mushmom hunt if we get to good levels someday. Thanks a lot for the BW scroll, Bacon, though I'm leaning 90% towards swords... So I will probably give it back to you. Thanks for the gesture though.

But heck, I'm staying with Xbow for a long while, so that page will stay a warrior and grow old while I level up Aery. ^^

PreacherMaple
Posted 3/28/2006 8:05:13 AM
What kind of regularity do you find FA activates for you at level 6? I know that the skill lists percentage chances but thats not all that useful compared to someones experience of it.

I have 21 points saved up and intend to use them on FA, I don't think that Rage will benifit me all that much at the moment, warrior pills make a smallish difference making top end damage happen a little more often for me, I doubt 10 will therefore really have an impact for me.

I intend to make use of the ludi quest that requires you to kill trojans, if I can spawn enough in 10 mins to give me around 3%-4% then I shall train there (regardless of their lack of drops in the quest room).

I have been training in one of the emptier areas of ludi and find that its both more quiet and gives better exp than kitties. Now I can only assume that people that storm into the level do not know just how empty this area of ludi is (the sky terraces). I in deference to my exp gain change channels, its that empty even at peak times at the weekend. However its becoming a testament almost to the bloody minded-ness of people that they will see someone killing things in a virtual ghost town of an area, the level is strewn with items (I've found that looting the items costs me almost 1% per 10 mins) and they decide 'what the hell I'll start killing things out from under this stranger'. Not sure where this digression is going but it needed to go somewhere
I also await my first 2K+ damage, so very very close, I've seen 1979 a few times now!

---Darktyde Level 50 Lizard Scania (Currently holidaying in Orbis)

TelinArtho
Posted 3/28/2006 8:31:07 AM
Well, before I can join you guys on Mushmom (Bacon's done it once already I think), I need to improve my accuracy first. This basically means finding and spending the money on some dex scrolls for gloves - but even then I think I've got a long way to go. It will probably be at least 5 levels for me anyway. I do look forward to trying though...

The haste was definitely helpful - but I found a few times where I was expecting to jump twice (in between kitties), to get to a better position for slash blast, only to end up jumping on the second kitty instead of between them. Just takes some getting used to. Same thing with the boost to speed. Too bad you have to renew it so often though.

@Preacher - I'm often surprised at how often it activates. For instance, at level 3 (6% chance of activating), I had at least 3 times where it activated twice in a row with powerstrike. The extra damage from it on a powerstrike is often enough to kill the target (my regular PS is ~7-800, the final attack is 3-500 I think) - so it saves me one swing usually. I personally wouldn't suggest saving your skill points right now and just go for it. Once you get used to the dynamic of it - I think it will improve your speed of killing.

Its funny to me that you mention the relative emptiness of the Terrace - mlugia and I were there the other day and had a fair amount of competition before we found a good channel - and even then we had people disrupt our spawns a little.

As to the usefulness of rage, I think it really comes to bear when you've got it at a decent level and have a party to work with. The extra 10 points at max when solo will probably only make a difference if it reduces you from 2-3 to 1-2 hits or something similar. Right now, I kill kitties in 3-5 hits, using a warrior potion reduces that to 3-4 with many more on 3 hits. Still not quite enough to justify using them regularly, but I think eventually it will be a standard part of training. With a party though, having 1-3 others affected with it can help take on some tougher training monsters or again have the spawn improve dramatically when you are all killing faster.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 38 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 3/28/2006 8:37:03 AM
By the way, I'd like to point out that with you and Bacon taking the platforms, I was in kill heaven on the bottom, since I kill a kitten every 2 shots, and they respawn so fast that I barely need to walk to hit the next one (hi5 long range).

Pity I didn't find anything sellable... I want to buy some Xbow scrolls, probably 60%.

TelinArtho
Posted 3/28/2006 8:47:14 AM
Even without selling anything (or gaining anything special), I still made ~100-150k profit last night. If you factor in my impressive collection of processed wood (100+ now...) or return scrolls (117), my profit is even greater... At the rate I'm going I should hit 1 mil after 1-2 more sessions, unless I find some good scrolls to buy (right now I'm checking prices on Shoe Dex, Glove Dex and Cape Dex...)

Another option is look around for a buyer of horns. Finding someone to buy them at 50 a piece is pretty easy (there's a guy on Sleepywood right now looking for 20k horns for 50 a piece as an example) - so that's a tidy profit if you go that route.

How was the bottom once you and Bacon started sharing it? I found that I could only get a reasonable slash farm if I took my time on one platform (just regular attacks). The lizard that came in screwed me out of 8+ of those kills in addition to the other ones after the initial platform...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 38 Fighter

No comments: