Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (3/30/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 3/30/2006 2:22:38 PM
Alright - back to this whole "Get Mushmom" idea...

At level 41 and after, I'm going to start progressing my Dex up to my current projected cap of 80. One thought I am entertaining is to boost it up with pure dex for the next four levels to the cap. So at level 44, I'll have 80 dex and an accuracy of 98 without using a sniper pill/potion. At that level, I'll be able to hit Mushmom 24% of the time - enough to at least try to fight her. Also, it will be enough to fight Stone Gollems to finish up Blackbull's quest. Granted this is a lesser purpose.

The main issue with this of course, is that my damage will suffer a little. Looking over the numbers though, I don't think it is so bad - and it will enable me to fight things that might normally be out of reach for my level:

At level 44, here's the two possibilities I'm looking at (the str and dex scores include bonuses from current equipment):

173 str, 71 dex, acc 85, 315-546 dmg, 1419 max PS, 709 max SB (excluding FA obviously)157 str, 87 dex, acc 98, 300-509 dmg, 1325 max PS, 662 max SB

The damage difference is slight (to me at least) - but the difference in accuracy is what I'm truly looking at:

Lunar Pixie 86% vs 100%
Master Chronos 80% vs 100%
Clang 84% vs 99%
Jr. Yeti 52% vs 75%
Drake 73% vs 99%
Croco 79% vs 100%
Luster Pixie 63% vs 88%
...
Stone Golem 84% vs 100%
...
Mushmom 8% vs 24% (37% with a sniper pill)

The gap in strength will be eliminated by level 60, so this is only a temporary and slight decrease in maximum damage in order to give me a wider array of creatures to fight - occasionally. I have no delusions about training on these things - but like star pixies, Lunar/Luster Pixies might be fun to try every once in a while for the exchange quest.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 39 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 3/30/2006 2:58:01 PM
Here's another important one I probably should've mentioned:

Alishar 24% vs 48% (57% with a sniper pill)

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 39 Fighter

3DXanthony
Posted 3/30/2006 3:08:12 PM
Poker is MUCH more interesting than Maple Story... >_> Poker has elements of surprise and suspense. Maple Story... Well... I guess you can't go wrong with so many positive comments. :P

mlugia
Posted 3/31/2006 9:00:52 AM
Poker? But I don't even know her!

Nah, just playin'.

Hey Dave, waiting for your latest update This has become like a daily ritual >_< For acc vs Mushmom, maybe the best we'd have to do is 45 before we swarm her with (a lack of) accuracy. Well, I don't think I have any problems hitting her. But doing damage to her, that's a different story

Btw, I should upload that SS of you, me and Aaron from last night on the bench ^^

TelinArtho
Posted 3/31/2006 9:16:14 AM
Very good night last night - got a few quests done and I managed to get at least one decent drop.

Of course, all of this is overshadowed by the fact that I died pretty early on last night - making me lose another 9%. Blech!

I partied with SwiftBacon for most of the night and Aerythn joined later on for a while as well. With Bacon, I managed to get the required cogs and batteries for the Hans quest and another one. Then the three of us partied for a while between teddies and panda teddies. Bacon had to depart, so Aerythn and I went back to Cloud Terrace to take care of teddies over there. He got a battle shield, which I got another steel briggon.

After Aerythn advanced, he logged off, so I went to finish the Grandpa Clock quest to get my level 39 topwear. Required fighting a whole bunch of tobos, and since I had to go to the aparatus room anyway, I just stayed there killing them. During this time, I was blessed with a Dark Arten drop - +3 int and 15 wdef. From looking around, it seems I should be able to get a nice amount for this - so if anyone wants it - feel free to give offers. It will be posted on Sleepywood.net later today once I have settled on a price. I'll also be posting new selling threads on Sleepywood including: Silver Battle Grieves, a Red Hwarang, 2 Steel Briggons, 2 Gold Earrings, Emerald Earrings, 3 Weighted Earrings, a Ribboned Pig Headband, a Red Matty, a Red Guiltian, a Red Pole Feather Hat, a Green Pole Feather Hat, a White Piettra top, a pair of Blue Legolier Pants, a Brown Burglar, a Blue Pilfer, a Red Pilfer. If anyone's interested in any of these, let me know here or find the appropriate post on Sleepywood.

While in the aparatus room, I recorded all of the requirements to create a traus (even though I won't be using one) and a jeweled katar (which I'm planning on using). Here's their requirements (for reference):

Traus: 3 Gold, 5 Steel, 5 Garnet, 40 Screws, 70k
Jeweled Katar: Power Crystal, 2 Black Crystal, 4 Gold, 10 Emerald, 50 Screws, 200k

I don't think I have any of the requirements (except for the money) for the katar, but at least I've got some of the power crystal ores and a decent number of emeralds.

@Anthony - Poker isn't as "interesting" as it used to be for me. Once you have spent time playing it as seriously as I have, it becomes much more of a chore than a game. Trying to squeak out an extra bet here and there are the stuff that drives men mad - and that's partially the reason why it is on the backburner right now.

Anyway, I netted about 50% last night I think, which is very solid progress. I was a little disappointed when I got the Maroon Jangoon Armor from the quest and then noting my amazing 16 fame... Anyone on my buddy list (or otherwise) care to fame me so I can wear it? Sad that I have to ask for it - I tend to try to help people as much as possible...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 39 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 3/31/2006 9:25:27 AM
Heh, I don't know if I'm strong enough yet, but I'm deating finishing the photo quest since I just levelled, and go back to kittens. I don't have nearly the same firepower you do without using skills (burn pots like crazy). But then again, that won't work unless I have a partner at Orbis. Maybe we can try Panda teddies again or something, but I doubt my 3 extra dex will help THAT much... One more level till I can use Silver crow... (62 WATK compared to 55)


TelinArtho
Posted 3/31/2006 9:42:42 AM
I don't think 44 or 45 will make much difference to me (no new armor or weapons for me, accuracy won't go up (but my chance to hit will improve slightly)), and you and Swift are still higher level than me - so I'm still aiming for level 44 for mushmom.

Since I've gotten my maroon jangoon top, I've pretty much met my goal in Ludi. There's still 3-4 quests that are open to me that I want to finish, but they'll take a while (Jump quest, plus a couple deep in the Eos Tower). If you need to go back to kitties for a little while - I can do that. I've got the Maple History book quest done - except the last step to return to Jay in Henesys - so I need to head back that way at some point anyway. At level 40, a bunch of quests open up in Victoria as well.

Not sure why you are mentioning pandas - since they are tougher than the brown/pink teddies we were training on... You know me though - I'm willing to train pretty much anywhere. Heck - I'm itching to go kill some (copper) drakes...

I still need a pair of pants (preferably maroon since the top is), but finding a pair for 100k or so shouldn't be too much trouble I would think.

As a separate note, all of the items above have been put up for sale except for the wizard stuff - which will be up soon.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 39 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 3/31/2006 9:46:37 AM
Well, pandas were difficult for me last night because it was either 2 DS (32MP) or 1 DS and 2-3 single shots to kill one, while Pinks are either 1 DS, or 1 DS + 1 shot. But Pandas did give decent experience with ok spawn in the main process 1... I was kinda hoping the extra 3 dex would help.

Either way, if I play tonight, I'd finish the photographer quest first. Then maybe do a few more Ludi quests for fun? I dunno. THe damn first book is killing me. I found a box on the ship ONCE, and it contained a blue potion, an orange one and an apple. Golly gee >_<

TelinArtho
Posted 3/31/2006 12:19:04 PM
I've got to go to Roly Poly 6 and 8 myself, plus finish up the Lost Guard quest and the Cleaning up quest that I've got - so if you want some company in the tower - I can be there for you.

I did Tobos exclusively after you left last night for the level 40 top and it really wasn't a bad rate for me. I wish they didn't deal ~80=90 damage though... They still required a lot of power strikes though (2-3 sometimes), so I used a few potions while I was killing them.

Pandas aren't too bad for me. If you want to handle those at some point this weekend, let me know. Otherwise, we can continue moving into the Cloud Terrace (to 2 - where the Roloducks are). Brown teddies are just a smidge too weak for me (end up wasting MP on them essentially). They are still fine - but I'd rather get more challenge out of it.

With such a boost next level - before going into the tower, maybe you should get through that first. Just an idea - the extra damage you'll do is probably a significant boost - especially with DS.

I'm tempted to wait myself - given that it would mean I could wear my next armor set - which is going to be fully scrolled. I'll probably reduce my damage down by 15-25 damage depending on how the scrolling goes.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 39 Fighter

No comments: