Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (3/23/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 3/23/2006 11:35:25 PM
Hey - no problem bacon - it was fun while it lasted.

I did try Cheng's jump quest earlier tonight and found that I didn't have the patience for it while I was putting down my kids for the night - the time limit kept going over when I was away from the computer. When I finally did have the time, I wanted to work on advancing. The bigger problem I had than the jump quest was getting there. The robots on the way hurt a fair amount more than I am used to... just shows me I need more defense... (allusion to our conversation earlier...).

I think the screen can probably be shared okay with 3 people, but it will depend on how well we can split up the work. I don't know where you best excel, but I am at home on any level of that screen. If you and mlugia can find a good place to work it out - I'm fine with that too.
Soon after you left, I had a pleasant conversation with a new player who had been led astray to Orbis... I answered a bunch of his questions - which mostly consisted of "You'll be better off in Victoria Island for that." Dismayed - I think he went back. Too bad for him. Hopefully that negative experience will be outweighed by my positive helping him.

Anyway - at about 80% right now. Going to try to finish it up before I retire.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 36 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 3/24/2006 8:34:12 AM
Well, I only stayed on for a few more minutes after my last post last night - ending at around 85%.

It was a solid night overall - no dying. I really don't like the dynamics of Ludi yet - I guess I'm just resistant to new things... Anyway, I didn't stay long there and only managed to finish 2 quests. I'll be back soon, I'm sure - but only when those robots are easier to handle.

The only significant drops I got last night where a LUK ore and a Wisdom ore. I've got a good many of the regular minerals and jewels, but I've only just started to get crystals.
I finished up my gathering pieces of star and was blessed with my receipt of even more processed wood... yeah...

I'm thinking that at some point this weekend I'll have to go back to Fire Boars. I want to finish the Glass Shoe quest, so I figure the time is right. At level 37 I open up a very doable Icarus quest - so that will certainly be on my list. Its only reward is 11k xp - but that's a nice overlay on the things I'll have to fight for the quest.

I'm not sure I'm going to finish Jack Schwetty's secret book. Giving up a refined diamond and then seeking out the rest just doesn't seem worth it when I don't plan on using the robe except in the sauna - and I'm not likely to be in the sauna much anymore.

I've still got Blackbull's new house to do - but I can't touch Gollems well yet; same thing goes for food for Moppie.

The Special Taste of Florina Beach series is open to me, but I've decided to put that off for a level or two to make it possible to fight Clang a little better. As it turns out, I can hit tortie just fine - don't know why I thought I could only hit it at 50% before. Anyway, Clang's the only one I don't hit all the time, so I'll wait for that to improve before I head over.

When I hit level 40, a bunch of new quests are open to me, most significantly the one for the bone helm. Although horribly complex, I think it will be fun to try to finish it. I might "cheat" a little and gather the pig's heads with that mage I'm working on - assuming I can get his level up to a reasonable point.

Well, that's about it for now, I'll be finishing 36 tonight, and hopefully get through 37 by the end of the weekend.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 36 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 3/24/2006 8:48:00 AM
Thundon, my IGN is Aerythn I'm happy to share a map with both of you, preferably I get to take out the bottom since it requires no jumping. (Damn min range >_<)

I didn't play Aery at all last night. Telin's story made me want to start a 1H Page, so I did. I'm up to Lv 13 now, and I hate you Telin > Now I have 2 characters to mess with. Oh well, Warriors would have been my 2nd choice had I not gone archer anyways.

I'll be gone this weekend, so I guess I'll see you guys next week for some kitty fun

(By the way, the term "Put down my kids" sounded cruel to me. Maybe I've been corrupted or something, but the first thing I thought of was the SPCA ._.)

TelinArtho
Posted 3/24/2006 8:57:38 AM
Quote:(By the way, the term "Put down my kids" sounded cruel to me. Maybe I've been corrupted or something, but the first thing I thought of was the SPCA ._.)
First of all, getting my kids to sleep (they are 3 and almost 2) is cruel - to me... Last night for instance, the 3yr old didn't fall asleep until 10pm (his usual bedtime is 8-8:30). The 2yr old went right to sleep, but woke up at 2am, 3am, 5:30am - and then didn't go back to sleep. Since I didn't even consider going to bed until 2am myself - you can see that I function most days with less than the "recommended minimums."

But I digress - kids are a joy forever...

mlugia - Welcome to the world of the warrior. I've gotten rid of most of my older items - and since you're going blunt weapon - there's not much I can help with - but I'm here for advice as needed. Maybe I'll hook up with you on my wizard if I can get him over level 10... In all likelihood, my mage will always be far behind though - I just enjoy playing my fighter too much.
Since the both of you are keen on partying at kitties - let's meet up and see how we do on splitting the map. Is there a bigger map with them? I don't think there is, but I haven't explored much for myself. I'm fine with going elsewhere too if you two would rather. It'll have to wait until after the weekend, but that's fine. I might go to Victoria and back in that time.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 36 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 3/24/2006 9:04:15 AM
Actually, I was looking at HS for weapon data, and the BWs out there all look stupid, especially the tubes, pigs illustrated, etc. My friend convinced me to go Swords later on. Although I doubt I'd have any trouble finding swords before Lv 35 (I see like 10 cutluses on sale at Basil).

Assuming I have the patience to reach Lv 30, I so want the dragon robe, it looks extremely hot. Probably not matching with a Shield and Sword though, so I'll have to take a look about that. But for now, my giant mallet will smash any and everything to oblivion! Maybe if you're upgrading eventually, I could get some armour off you though

Wow, 2 and 3 years old kids? I remember when my two brothers were around that age... But now they're 6 and 9, so much less maintenance and annoyance! (My 9 year old bro was the one who got me into MS, curse him)

TelinArtho
Posted 3/24/2006 9:51:24 AM
Quote:Wow, 2 and 3 years old kids? I remember when my two brothers were around that age... But now they're 6 and 9, so much less maintenance and annoyance! (My 9 year old bro was the one who got me into MS, curse him)
15 months apart - just shy of "Irish Twins" ... I digress again however... And just for parallelism - my 14 yr old brother in law is the one who got me playing...

For armor, I didn't use either the dragon robe or the chainmail the former because I got better defense from the top and bottom with the same stat bonus and I had no intention on scrolling either set.

With the chainmail, I was planning on getting it - but I will definitely be getting better armor at level 40 - so I just kept with the level 30 stuff. The chainmail would've only boosted my dex by 1 and my magic defense by 20 (which is nice - don't get me wrong).

I just gave away my poorly scrolled Venon (2 10%s had failed, so I just put 100% dex scrolls on it).

I still have my lvl 30 Gladius +1 (49watk, +1 str, 6 slots) that I'm selling for 75k. I have an extra Hwarang (red, +23 hp, avg def) that Bacon gave me the other day. That one or the one I'm currently wearing might be taken by another person on my buddy list (the guy who bought my triangular shield off of me).

Cutlus - if you buy one - wait until you have just advanced to 35. The reason why - well you are training on Evil Eyes for the few levels before you advance anyway - might as well give yourself the best chance to find a good one. Also, you can find perfect ones for as little as 60k - I would never recommend paying more than 70k for one without scrolling.

If I'm done with mine by the time you need it - I'll sell it to you for a decent price (+4 with 60%s, 63att, +4 str).

Beyond that, I've got my nice helm that everyone calls ugly - but is an Orihalcon Burgernet with 42wdef, 7mdef, +2 acc. I also have one 10% dex scroll working on my Dark Briggon (lvl 35 glove) and 3 slots left I think.

If I come across any BW scrolls, in case you decide to stay that route - I'll hold onto them for you. 1h sword scrolls are still mine though...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 36 Fighter

No comments: