Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (3/21/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 3/21/2006 9:37:37 PM
If I recall correctly, the Groonhill/most 2-handed Swords have a Normal attack speed, which is bumped to Faster with lv. 11+ Booster (can anyone confirm this?), so is there a Fastest attack speed? That would make sense, but the minimal speed difference doesn't make up for te extra range and power in my opinion (which helps on damage, which cannot always be blocked, as magical damage renders shields nigh useless).

Booster (no matter the level) affects all weapons uniformly at +8 attacks/minute (according to the same source above). Extra range and power are fine - but even you acknowledge that it is your opinion.

Also, on a small point of the magic damage - shields do help - at least at the high levels. Since they can be further improved with scrolls - they can be even more significant. Sure the warrior is never going to have the magic defense of a wizard - but as I've stated before - even little bits make a big difference over the long term.

My aim in all of this is for people to realize that 2-h vs 1-h is actually more personal preference than actually a game advantage. Part of the problem is that I am not high enough level to be able to argue effectively - I simply don't have the breadth of experience and examples from first hand to use. However, since the system is based in constant and known (or at least accepted) math - it is possible to form reasonable conclusions.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 35 Fighter

shouviks
Posted 3/21/2006 11:23:16 PM
I like reading your blog/diary/journal/post, but it starts to get boring after a while. You think, you could write with more...action?

Just like...

I knew that when I started that party quest, it was a bad idea. My party leader was hopping around as if inflicted by a sudden bout of schizophrenia and the level 21 thief was screaming for a help like an African gorilla baby. I fought the enemy heroically, and managed to even take on King Slime with only a hand axe, an apple, and two blue snail shells. The battle was fought and I was rewarded justly... with ten orihalcon ores.

That's way over the top but just a suggestion.

TelinArtho
Posted 3/22/2006 1:36:21 PM
Well, this is not what I would call creative writing - I keep most of the embellishment for the fiction I write. However, maybe I'll give some thought into livening it up a little bit.

Last night was all about mass murdering kitties - all different colors. Although I don't know exactly how many I killed over the night, I earned a goodly 60-70% off of them and traded in solid horns no less than 10 times.

One thing that has become apparent is that I can get 100 horns in the span of time that I use no potions of my own except for the ones the kitties themselves drop - if I start at full health when I start working on it. This is useful, because it means I can fight for a great while without using any expendables and accumulating very decent amounts of cash and experience.

The only significant drop of the night was a set of wolbis - which I'll be selling to the first person who wants them for 20k.

One of my buddies came out to Ossy even though he's only level 24 and a wizard. He wanted to explore a little, so I spared him an hour and walked him down Orbis tower (since I didn't have any tower scrolls yet). I did finish the Huckle's quest to get them for the way up though - so that was one positive side of things.

I also started the protect nero quest - without knowing the requirements of it. It apparently calls for more killing of kitties. I did some more to cap off the night and then retired - about 10% short of leveling.

Today - my wife is sick enough that she doesn't feel she can care for our kids. In light of this, I took the day off from work and have been playing during their nap. In this span of time, I've finished Nero's quest and even advanced. I've also traded in another 300 horns or so. Life seems good. Somewhere along the way, I even found a pair of Cat's Eye Earrings (17 mdef) - so I'm considering stopping the use of my leaf earrings more permanently (though I'll still use them when fighting kitties...). It should make fighting Star Pixies all the more easy - and I've got around 50 stars already.

Oh - and one last thing from last night. I bought 2 10% glove dex scrolls to enchant my dark briggon with - and one of them worked. Needless to say, I'm happy about this - now that my accuracy is boosted quite significantly.

Well, I'm off to go do some more kittie killing until the kids wake up. Probably won't check in until tomorrow (which is unusual for me...)

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 35 Fighter

thegrimreaper857
Posted 3/22/2006 2:03:56 PM
This is a very well written blog. Also a very good thing to read when you are bored. Keep up the good work and thank you for writing it.

---Proud Member of DukesIGN: iSwipe 4X Bandit - Broa

No comments: