Thursday, September 14, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (5/16/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 5/16/2006 10:06:43 AM
Well, last night wasn't very productive. I knew I wouldn't be playing very actively, and somehow I managed to get myself killed at Jr. Yetis again - so I started off pretty early with a 9% deficit.

I actually was only on to get some trades to go through, which was largely unsuccessful. After dying at jr. yetis, I decided I would put them on hold for a little bit and head back to Orbis to trade in and to get back to the Disposed Flower Garden. After getting up to 53% (a total net gain of 3% on the night), I pretty much called it a night.

I did however start a bunch of auctions on Basil. Apparently my first Staff Stimulator sold for real cheap (80k), because one just finished at 150k and the other is still going and at 180k. My above avg pair of green split shoes sold for 80k. If anyone wants to see my current auctions, I believe this link will get you there: http://www.basilmarket.com/show/user/TelinArtho
A guild mate is buying one of my blue lined kismets and I'll probably be buying a 60% glove attack scroll from him.

Don't worry, I'll be back at jr. yetis soon - but I'm hoping a little more time at the disposed garden will net me another 1.2 million or at least a shield scroll...

@mlugia - didn't you read my ludi training guide? I said that any screen with trixters is not a good place to train... you should listen to me (just kidding of course - I know you are looking for omok pieces...). Let me know if/when you need the level 40 equips I've got. I'm actually actively trying to clean out my inventory...

@assassin_xd - "very long time"? Isn't summer just a couple of weeks away? Anyway - take the time to get things done. No sense in putting things off because of Maple.
It would be nice if I could get online during the tail end of the double drops tonight. I don't think it'll happen unless my kids go to bed early tonight - but I haven't really been able to take advantage of it yet and I'd like to...

Well, that's about it for now. Busy day at work - so I'll see you guys later.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 50 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 5/16/2006 11:43:47 AM
Heh, It was either that screen or the one previous with only black latz, both of which are decent (Trixters do give 42exp for 12MP used...)

In terms of your equips, since I already have the pants (and possibly the top when I can find the guy), feel free to sell it away if you need to clear out inventory. Thanks a bunch though!

Thundon
Posted 5/16/2006 11:45:07 AM
Killa just made me remember that I probably won't be on as much (only to the part when we usually party together David) until Summer. It's not like a break, but more of a reduced playing time.

Anyways good luck with your auctions telin.

PS: You're going to freakin pass me =_=

---SwiftBacon - Windia:

TelinArtho
Posted 5/17/2006 7:37:47 AM
Kind of a bittersweet night last night. I started off in the Disposed Garden and as usual earned a decent rate and made some decent cash. I only got one notable drop, but it was a below average halfmoon zamadar - so I just NPCed it. Beyond that, I wanted to get some trades done and out of 17 contact people, only one was online when I looked the first time.

He unfortunately was AFK and when he came back he kept giving excuses of why he couldn't trade. After a few cordial attempts to get him to trade, I told him I'd just resell the item (pansy earrings), and there happened to be a guild mate who wanted them. Made a little less money, but I got more satisfaction out of that trade - so I don't care.

The staff stimulators sold really well and one of the traders came on while I was on last night - so I did a quick trade with him; soon after another trader came on to take care of the black green-lined shoes (above avg) that had sold for 80k. So the gist of the selling went fairly well as you can tell. I've got a bunch of trades left and another 8 items on auction right now.

After all of the trades were done, I went down to El Nath to "hopefully not get myself killed." About 2 minutes in, I had a transformed yeti and he promptly squished me. I thought it had to do with me pressing the wrong heal potion button - but as it turns out I had some serious lag going on - and I hadn't even noticed it up until that point. I tested it out after my death and the hp/mp cost of slash blast wasn't being taken from their respective pools until almost 3 seconds after I had seen the action happen. I rebooted my machine and things seemed much better.
After the reboot, I went back into jr. yetis and was soon joined by a lion's fang-wielding fighter who decided he was going to kill-steal me. He never said a word - but every action he did was to kill-steal my attacks. That's fine - I don't care about my exp rate - and after a couple of seconds - he lagged out and disconnected. A minute or two later - he was back and at the same tricks - and again he lags out. A total of 4 times he disconnects before I leave the map - but only because my wife calls - so I leave and sit on a bench to heal. I only wish I could've stayed there longer to make him disconnect some more...

Just as a note - to anyone who wants to "force" me from a map by kill-stealing. You will fail. I do not care about my exp rate and if I was there first - I see no reason to leave - especially if you are rude to me (and despite not talking - this guy was...).

So anyway - despite the death, I managed to net a 20% gain last night (or so anyway), which brings me to around 70% to level 51.

I don't really have a close tab on my money - but I think I'm probably close to the 3.5 - 4mil mark. I am trying to get some bargain-priced glove attack scrolls - but that has been a slow process...

Oh - and I also used the 60% cape str scroll last night on my icarus 2 and was pleased to see it work. I'm still not sure if I'll make it fully str or the rest with dex - but I couldn't justify holding on to the scroll - I needed to either use it or sell it.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 50 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 5/18/2006 8:18:04 AM
Well, last night could have been the mark of level 51... instead it was a couple of deaths making me 11% short of leveling up...

It all started when my guild leader asked if I wanted to do the Zakum PQ. Interested in trying it out, I accepted. I stocked up on about 200 unagi and 100 ice cream pops and 200 mana elixirs - figuring it would at least hold me over. My guild leader is level 77 and the rest in our party ranged from 50 (me) to around 65 or so. We set off walking.

First of all, I didn't realize just how far away it was. Even hasted - it took probably 15 minutes to cross all of the screens (including helping the cleric past a nasty werewolf...) but 5 of us did manage to make it (one guy lagged and died). Once there we started the 1st part.

I have to say that damage is definitely very high throughout this area - and there were a couple of near-death encounters that nearly did me in. However, with determination I managed to help my party finish the first part - though by the end, we were down to 4. Out of the alloted time, we had less than 1 minute left - so we weren't particularly quick about it. We did manage to get the scroll pieces though - so that's a nice side bonus.

After that we had some discussion as to whether to repeat the task or to go on to the jump quest. Since I was interested in trying it out - I voted for the latter and everyone else seemed to agree (one guy seemed pretty hesitant...). I made it to the 3rd platform and managed to get myself killed because I wasn't watching my HP very closely (okay - not at all...). 9% - gone!
Well, too stubborn to accept defeat, I went from El Nath, back to the jump quest on my own and started it again. This time I made it about halfway when I somehow managed to hit Alt-tab in combination and switch windows. Unfortunately, by the time I made it back - I had died once more... another 9% gone.

Now, very much humbled, I decided I would head back to Orbis and trade in the 600+ jr. yeti skins I had and regroup. I recovered about 16% of the 18% I had lost and pretty much called it a night.

In terms of drops, the only equipment I got last night was a blue anakarune that is about average. I did manage to close on one trade - but I've still got plenty left.
I did a quick accounting check last night and I've discovered I'm pretty close to 4 million now - I'm more actively searching for more expensive items - mostly glove attack scrolls. At some point this weekend, I'll probably head back to Victoria to get Jane's quest done at least - so that'll net me one at least. I'll probably also try the cursed doll quest and see if I can get that out of the way (at least to the point of getting a scroll from it). I would like to finish Blackbull's quest - but fighting curse eyes just doesn't excite me much...

I'd also be happy to finish the Nependeath Juice quest - but without the honey first - I can't see gathering the rest of the required items. I'm hoping to get one soon though - because getting a bone helm would be a nice accomplishment.

It also looks like I won't be PQing in Ludi anymore - so I guess that phase of my career is done. Now there is only Zakum...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 50 Fighter

No comments: