Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (3/13/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 3/13/2006 10:35:46 AM
Well, I didn't get quite as much as I wanted to done this weekend, but that happens. Best laid plans...

Anyway, I'm slowly expanding my buddy list - a friend of mine from work has started playing and someone I met in the Sleepywood forums are the latest additions. What a difference to the game when there is occasional conversation going on in the background. Too bad none of them know of the others, so buddy chat is sometimes filled with "Were you talking to me?" and stuff like that. Still, its nice to have some conversation.

I managed to get through all of level 32 on Friday. I had some fun doing the hang glider quest for a quick 6k experience, and then I eventually moved back to Ossyria to finish up the horns needed for the fairy flute quest. I didn't have much else to do there aside from killing kitties and jr. sentinels - so that's what I stuck with. Kitties are still a little too tough for me to stay too long at. Its getting better - but if a higher-leveled character comes by, they usually humble me pretty quickly...

On Saturday, I didn't play for long and only went over to Ludi (not actually going anywhere once I got there). On Sunday, I started exploring Ludi a little and can see that it will be tough for me like Ossyria is - the creatures there are still just a little too powerful to train on quite yet. I've been working on a few of the quests and I'm pretty pleased with the fruits of that labor - decent experience, decent expendables etc.

One thing I have noticed is that the white rats are much better for me than the brown teddies. More experience, more money - and about the same number of hits. Since the rats can't jump and I sometimes can take advantage of platforms to be unhittable - I can train on them much longer than the teddies. In comparison with the kitties - they usually seem to take one hit less per kill with the same exp and money drops. The only difference there is that the kitties have some decent warrior drops - while the rats only have wizard drops. I haven't gotten anything special from either group - but its still early. Lastly, the horns from the kittes can be used for the exchange quest - so there's a little bit of a bonus in that too.

I'm not sure exactly where I am in level 33 right now, but it is probably in the 30-40% range.
I also had a seller contact me about two scrolls that I put a bid on at Sleepywood. I had forgotten about them and they were a little more than the scrolls that I have been buying, but I decided to pick them up regardless. Later on, I found a post of someone selling a 1-h sword attack scroll (60%) for 75k (100-200k is normal at this point from my experience) - so I jumped on it. I still have had no success in finding more 10% scrolls. Right now, I've got the 2 60% 1-h sword scrolls and a 10% helmet for defence scroll. Since my helmet is already out of slots - I'll hold onto the helm scroll until a while later. Of course, buying all of the scrolls has pretty much left me penniless - but I do still have some stores of cash and items that can be NPCed.
I had contemplated continuing to scroll my gladius - but since I already have the cutlus for level 35, I decided I would wait and scroll that instead. I have to admit though, dealing more damage now would be nice...

I don't know how much longer I'll stay in Ludi - probably for a little while longer, maybe a level or two. Then, I'm going to go full force in hunting kitties, both for the drops and for the exchange quest - to help me build up some expendables, money and experience. At some point, I'll go back to Victoria to do a few more quests over there too I would imagine.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 33 Fighter

Loleka
Posted 3/13/2006 11:19:07 AM
Aloha, it's kalan, not bad, if I wanted to be a warrior it would be very helpful. I do have a warrior mule, though he's lower so none of his equipt. good for you. I'll keep my eyes open for war drops though. Seems I always find everyone else's stuff.

mlugia
Posted 3/13/2006 11:24:32 AM
I found a 64 atk Sabretooth (2H axe, 2 above avg) yesterday. Along with 11 Weight earrings in the last 2 days... all while killing boars.

I doubt you'd have any need for it. It's a high lv weapon, and you're a sword warrior.

In any case, I'm Lv36 now (did a bunch of training on the weekend, as you can see). Thanks a lot for the bronze arrows you gave me I think I'll hit Ossyria in at 40. Need to find out where kitties live though, hmm...

TelinArtho
Posted 3/13/2006 12:14:40 PM
Nice to see that you stopped by Loleka - sorry about chopping the link yesterday when you asked for it. Maybe I'll stop by kitties the next time you're on and we can work on taking them out.

Yeah- thanks for the offer of the sabretooth - but it is an axe so its of no use to me. Above average though - I should hope you'd be able to find a buyer for it. I keep 2 weighted earrings in my stock just in case someone comes along asking (since I have the room) - but the rest I just sell off.

I can't really recommend Ludi for my level of warrior - though maybe with range it becomes a little simpler (I watched in envy of wizards and archers sniping rats...). Kitties are easy to get to - from Orbis, take the entrance above the entrance to the tower (which will lead you to a cloud-like screen). Then head from the top right to the top left - avoiding the Pixies along the way. It's kind of a "hidden street" - since the entrance isn't marked - but everyone knows its there. Then you could stay there with the mixed little kitties, or move into the specific ones to hunt for particular drops.

Honestly it is probably easier to snipe the rats in the Eos tower than the kitties, but its an extra 6k just to go there. Plus kitties have the solid horns for the exchange quest - so they have additional uses.

Nice job on 36th by the way. I'm rather anxious to get to 35 myself, mostly so I can start scrolling my cutlus - though I may try to find a nicer one first (since mine is slightly below average).

Oh and you are welcome for the bronze arrows. I can't imagine that the +1 attack is really all that useful - but they obviously don't do me any good - so they're yours. If you want to get them yourself, jr. sentinels drop them readily (and are a good place to wait for your MP to come back since they are an easy kill that deal little damage - if you try not to use potions like me).

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 33 Fighter

No comments: