Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (4/15/2006)

Assassin_XD
Posted 4/15/2006 7:44:47 AM
What Slasher said, plz slow down

---Windia - killa999999 - 3x AssassinAdd me now!!!

Slasher900
Posted 4/15/2006 9:39:16 AM
ok for how many hits it takes me to kill a maci's between 12-17 hits I might have messed up my count of 15 and thrown in a miss somewhere because of being rushed by a ton of Cold Eyes. it also takes 4 hits to kill a Wild Cargo and yea thats all my posts for now

---TrueMiroku lv4x Fizard [Scania]

sgtshark
Posted 4/15/2006 11:27:30 AM
I finally got a scroll drop, my first one in about 15-20 levels, and it was Scroll for Cape for MP (60%).

-_______________-

I'm getting my 2300 cursed dolls atm, it's so fun!!!!!! I probably started a little early, it surely isn't as effecient training as kitties, but I want to get this quest over with.

Slasher900
Posted 4/16/2006 8:24:42 AM
Well I will tell you guys how my night was.... Well I made about 20% at kitties going from 32% to 50 something % and now I am just about 65% so I feel thats a good night especailly cause I started yesterday at like 8% like yesterday during the day and I usually dont gain 60% in 2 days..... Well I can but I usually die so I lose most of my exp when I die in repetition......... I have bad luck sometimes.....

---TrueMiroku lv4x Fizard [Scania]

TelinArtho
Posted 4/17/2006 6:52:54 AM
Well, I had a good weekend, and it was mostly due to some good experiences in Party Quests in Ludi of all things. I may, just may, change my opinion about them...

In any case, I didn't play at all on Friday because I was out with the wife gambling - no big scores but not a horrible night overall. On Saturday, when I did get back, I got a decent amount of time playing in and then continued that on Sunday.

I probably ran through 6-7 party quests over the weekend to take me to level 44 and to officially cap my dex at 80 for the time being. Over the course of the party quests, I got Red Heart Earrings during the bonus once and 60% Bow scroll as a reward once. The rest was all pretty minor stuff - though I kept getting blue and white potions for rewards.

During my regular training, I got a 62att Zeco off of a pink teddy (I think), but that's pretty much it for those. I spent a goodly amount of time at Master Robos in Main Process 1 Zone 1. They are a little tough for me, but 2 PS and a regular attack (or 2 PS with at least one final attack) is enough to take them down most of the time.

I didn't get much of my trades done this weekend, which is kind of bad... The guy who won the bid for the korean fan told me he only had 210k instead of the 310k he bid. If he doesn't have the money by Wednesday, I'll reauction it probably. I did get my shouldermail pants, so I'm all set for that stuff at level 50. I waiting on a glove attack scroll and a shield scroll - hopefully I'll be able to connect with those tonight.

I'm also starting to get to know a few of the people in my guild - slowly. Still not used to the extra chat scrolling through - but its not as bad as I first thought.

I've also gone and filled up my buddy list - so I'm slowly weeding out people whom I never see. I added my party quest leader last night because he has done an amazing job as a leader in steadily getting good parties together. He and I are about the same level - so we could feasibly party together for a while.

Given the success of the party quest, I might just stay in Ludi for a while, instead of following through on plans to take down Mushmom at this level. We'll see what the week brings (invariably, when I make a statement like that, I end up leaving straight away).
Congrats to Spooky for making the 2nd job advancement. For people complaining about my leveling speed - talk to her - okay?

I'll be auctioning off the bow scroll and the zeco in the next few hours (so if you want one, let me know). I'm undecided on whether to sell the earrings or not - but I'll probably keep them for now.

@SwiftBacon - higher level monsters like what? At this point I 100% hit most things up to Stone Golems I think (with a few exceptions). Now that I'm 44, my accuracy is good enough to 50+% hit Alishar - so I actually feel useful...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 44 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/17/2006 7:06:26 AM
You guys are way too fast for me. I'm stuck 10% into Lv 29 >_<

Steel44
Posted 4/17/2006 7:37:04 AM
Well haven't posted in this topic in a long time so I think it's time I do again.

Bacon:Seeing has claw and 2h sword scrolls are the same price (500k) on avg, maybe my 2 cents will help you decide what to do.

I've always used clean gear up until level 50. I wanted to scroll my level 40 gear but I was approaching level 50 to quickly for it to be worth the cost in scrolls, since i'd be ditching that stuff for level 50 gear. Also my level 50 weapon was crazy expensive at the time (3.5mil for an average clean lions fang). Lucky for me Ludi came out the day I reached level 50, so my first project was to make my fang. After buying the materials I was short of, plus the actual cost of construction, it was a lot cheaper than buying one (~1.2mil).

I didn't have the money to buy all 7 scrolls up front. I wasn't to concerned about that, I was happy with buying a scroll when I could afford it. Doing it this way, I ended up using the last slot when I was level 51 or 52, so it still lasted me a long time.

So what I'm trying to say, in a long winded way is; you can synth your own slain. That's alot cheaper especially if you have alot or most of the materials. Then scroll it over time, which shouldn't take that long, maybe a level or two.

Oh and since i'm writing a wall of text I might as well sneak this in here....Hit level 60 on Monday, and finally leveled up this morning. Shooting for the goal of 70 by the end of the month. I've been slowing down on my playing so not sure if I'll reach that goal, but something to shoot for and 3rd job is a nice motivator.

---Broa: Zenkar - Fighter - lv. 6X

TelinArtho
Posted 4/17/2006 8:00:36 AM
@mlugia - hey - just remember you have a higher leveled crossbowman... And you are making solid and steady progress regardless. After your job advancement, you'll find a new fervor to advance through the 30s (at least I did), so hopefully that'll help some too. BTW - nice scrolling on that mace you've got...

@Steel - congrats on hitting level 60. You've made some significant progress since the last time you posted.

Also, to everyone, I'm in the process of copying the thread into a file locally so I can upload it in a readable form to my personal web page. Once that is done, I'll close this one, start another and include the link to that page. Since I'm inherently lazy this may or may not happen by the time this thread hits 500 posts...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 44 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/17/2006 8:05:17 AM
Nice, a webpage! Hopefully it'd have more than just your MS progress eventually though. Like, say, pictures of your kids

Yeah, I was pretty fortunate with the Mace, it's +6 STR with 55 watk and a slot left. If I could get a 10% to work for my overall, heh.... that's like using 5x 100% for the cost of 1 slot O_O

Steel44
Posted 4/17/2006 8:18:04 AM
Thanks Telin, I see you've made some nice progress yourself. Last time I posted I believe you where in your high 20's low 30's. I'm not much of an active poster, but I do check the boards multiple times a day along with your topic. Also, can't wait to see your webpage, I'll be sure to bookmark it when it's completed.

---Broa: Zenkar - Fighter - lv. 6X

TelinArtho
Posted 4/17/2006 8:21:49 AM
Well anyone can go visit the website if they like - there's a wide array there from the games my brother has reviewed as a programmer to the RPG information that people have sent him. At one point his website was the most linked site for White Wolf games (though that was a while ago now...).

In any case, feel free to poke around www.identicalsoftware.com. My personal page is actually down at the moment (he moved servers and I haven't updated and moved my stuff yet), but there's a lot of stuff there - just nothing Maple-related as of yet. And like I said, when I've got my stuff ready, I'll post the direct link for it.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 44 Fighter

No comments: