Thursday, September 14, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (5/23/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 5/23/2006 11:47:49 AM
Well I'm at home sick again... hence the lack of updates here (I usually only update when I'm at work and have the time to reflect).

Anyway, I'm still level 51, though I am at 90% - so that'll be finished soon. I just gathered the 100 dark nependeath seeds for the nependeath juice quest and in the process of gathering them, earned 300+ lunar pieces - one of which turned in for a Shield scroll (which unfortunately failed).

Previous to that, I've been down at jr. yetis for most of the level, turning in around 1500 skins so far. The transformed ones still give me a decent amount of trouble, but at least I've got things working well enough to not die by them.

Drops have been pretty much non-existant, though in the process of the 1500 skins or so, I have gathered almost 30 mithril ores - which surprised me. I did get a 52 atk Red Viper and an average Mithril Wolfskin from the jr. yetis. Today, I also got a Red lined kismet from the lunar pixies - so I guess the drops haven't been horrible - just not up to the speed I am used to.
Anyway - until I feel better - my schedule will probably be a little off.

@slasher - thanks for the numbers. They seem to be running in the same frameset - but I'll doublecheck that when I'm feeling a little better as well.

@mlugia - kitties are certainly fine - and with the cake spawn I can definitely understand it. You should check out tobos in a few levels - I made a decent profit and speed there - especially when I partied with Bacon or with another sin/bandit. Good luck on your icarus cape quest. If you don't get the icarus 2 I think it should probably be on the top of your list of things to get. It makes so much of a difference in training on your own.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 51 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 5/23/2006 12:49:16 PM
True, and since Aerythn is lv 41, I can always finish him off to 42 and retry. with a 1/3 chance to get one, I'm praying I'll get one in 2 chances... I mean, what are the odds that I wouldn't? (Famous last words, anyone?)

My internet is very shakey recently, keeps dc'ing me off everything from MSN to MS >_> I hate Rogers in Waterloo.

wdiablo2004
Posted 5/23/2006 3:04:13 PM
Well I didn't exactly get all of the poker question (yes I've been gone for 2 pages) so...lol
Some nice work, gratz on level 50. I'm about to be level 40 meself if I stop dying (17 deathes at 75%ish)

Great work...

---MS:K-heshinihobo-level 2x warriorhushihobo-level 3x Cleric

TelinArtho
Posted 5/24/2006 8:54:30 AM
Well, being sick has not been too much fun but I'm hanging in there I guess.

Yesterday, I got the opportunity to play a fair amount during the 2x drop time in the evening - and in that time I got 2 magician overalls, 1600+ jeti skins and a good deal of money while partying with SwiftBacon. I still don't have an efficient process for making them mob up (I end up taking too much damage), but jr. yetis drop in 1-2 PS now, so taking them out one by one isn't too bad.

I also finished up the next leg of the nependeath juice quest and am on to the part that needs the nependeath honey. I'm a little surprised I haven't gotten any yet - but I'm patient and will continue trying. In the short term though, I have headed back to Victoria and finished the first part of the Alligator quest.

I'm also now a decent leg into level 52, and I have to say the more time I spend at jetis, the more impressed I am with the exp rate there. Although I haven't timed it - the training there is very smooth and the occasional transformed jeti just keeps the screen interesting.

While in Victoria, I'll once again try to finish up some quests. The 2nd part of the alligator one should be no trouble and I'll have to see what is needed for the Special sauce from Estelle, but that will also be finished. Once I'm done with that, it is likely I'll return to Ossy and to the disposed garden until I get my honey.

Over the weekend I did spend around 1.2 million on scrolls in the FM - most notably a Str cape scroll 60% (that failed) and a couple of others. My helm is now +1 with 10%, my shield is +1 with 10% and has 1-2 slots left.

I'm a little disappointed that I haven't gotten my Glove atk scrolls from the person who auto-won my auction. He will be the 2nd person that I've left negative feedback to unless that trade goes through (not that the feedback means much). Its too bad too - because I was really hoping to get going on my gold brist.

I did get the trade for my emerald hildons. I promptly tried a 60% speed scroll on it, but was chagrined when it failed. Looking over my options for shoe scrolls, speed seems to make the most sense to me - since my accuracy is right where I want it at the moment and I don't particularly care about extra jump or avoidability. If the hildons don't end up scrolled well, I could very well just upgrade at level 60 to the camel boots.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 52 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 5/24/2006 9:48:03 AM
Hey dave, glad to hear you're still kicking even while sick =D

I saw a soul singer going for ~1mil on Basil, but it was 65 watk (perfect according to HS), and if I do scrape out the money, and assume it scrolls half-decently, I'm looking at something that can replace a Katar even. Although the fruity "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" animation might get annoying after... say 5%. Just a thought I've been pondering anyways. Got a wand and claw scroll off Jr grupin/cellion last weekend, and assuming the trades go through, I will have ~ 2 million in mesos, enough to buy that singer.

Any infinite wisdom on this topic? =D

(btw, I read Master Robos (the red one) drop Katars as well. Did you fight them extensively at all, or did you just stick to Tobos? If so, any comments on them?)

TelinArtho
Posted 5/24/2006 11:20:10 AM
I'd have a hard time justifying the 1mil on a sword that is about equivalent to the jeweled katar (which can be bought for anywhere from 300-500k for above average). The exception is for the accuracy bonus - which is useful against Alishar if you are going to do the PQ - but for little else. The only other side would be to get the bonus to damage (from scrolling it better than what the cutlus is), but that will only get you so far.

Personally, I would suggest starting to look for a katar now for a good price (mine was a 69atk for 300k and I've seen them a couple of times for that price). But that's really up to you.
As to master robos - I used to think they were much better than I do now. In the mid 40s, you can take them out, but it will be a lot of attacks - and their bump damage really takes a toll on you. In other words, you can train there, but your exp rate and profit will be fairly low. I probably trained a total of 100-200% there between 45-50 and while the exp rate wasn't horrible - I did better at Tobos. I did not get a katar while I fought them either.

Tobos on the other hand are great. They have a reasonable defense that most lower levels will despise (other than warriors) and don't give enough exp to make higher levels want to train on them. At level 45, I think, I could take 1 down in 2-3 PS, rarely in 1. With haste - it was pretty good - and that's with either an assassin (like Bacon) or a bandit (like one of my guildmates). White Guiltians and Dark Artens also sell very well - so profit is very good here too.

Congratulations on those drops - I didn't get any scrolls while I was at kitties - in fact the best scroll I've gotten from a drop was a 60% cape magic defense scroll I think.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 52 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 5/24/2006 11:43:27 AM
And when I said "about equivalent to a jeweled katar" - replace "jeweled" with "Hero's" and Katar with "Gladius" ...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 52 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 5/24/2006 2:19:58 PM
Okay - I've taken Slasher's numbers above and was a little confused... first of all, I would like to know how many data points you had for each level of wdef you listed. If it was only 2-3 - then that might explain some of the discrepency. If it was much more than that - wdef is a much more complex formula than first guessed:

If the defensive values are taken as 2.5 wdef = 1 damage reduction, it works fine for defense 0,5 and 16 - but nothing higher. If we make it 3 wdef = 1 damage reduction - the numbers are much closer - but then - those go against what has been discovered (albeit with relatively small data sets) from myself and mlugia. The most notable difference between your data and mine and mlugia's is the fact that you are a magician while we are both fighters.

The next time I play, I will do a more intensive discovery into this on my warrior and see how things go. I'm in Victoria right now and I'd rather do this against jr yetis - but I'm sure I can find a usable creature for this test.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 52 Fighter

Slasher900
Posted 5/25/2006 1:58:29 AM
I let them hit me about 4-7 times each thing for the test not sure what you mean by data points......I was fighting horny and green shrooms I used what I could for my equips since I cant do something like have 5 WDef more each time

No comments: