Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (4/12/2006)

PreacherMaple
Posted 4/12/2006 8:01:51 AM
I tried BoarsII and was just as disappointed.

Ant Tunnel gets so crowded now that spring break is happening in the States.

TelinArtho
Posted 4/12/2006 8:14:28 AM
Is it the Nakamaki? If so - I wouldn't have put a auto win at that low - but that's just me... I only put in auto-wins if I need the money soon. Since you are fine with putting it up again and again until sold - don't bother with the auto-win... just a thought.

Good luck on your auction. I'm still looking for things to bid on, but I'm trying to hold off in order to actually build up some cash. Since I didn't play last night - it makes it that much more difficult, since I have 2 days to look at Basil before I play...

@Preacher - I know I partied with Assassin_XD from 27-30, intermittently, or so at Ant Tunnel and it worked out well enough for the both of us. Land of the Wild Boar II as mlugia said is a reasonable option as well.

@mlugia - well, I'm a Red Sox fan through and through... so it looks like the next few days will be fun...

Looks like my korean fan just went up to 600k - boo yah! Current value of all of my active auctions: 1,172,500 mesos...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 42 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/12/2006 9:04:11 AM
Good idea, I have no use for the cash now... *takes off the autowin part*

Bosox and Jays meet 8 times this month. Watch out for Lilly!

Sp00kyMuffin
Posted 4/12/2006 10:17:18 AM
Good going Telin and Aerylus. You too, Bacon.

Blizzaria is level 24
SereneGrace is only level 21

I am planning to level Blizzaria tonight and get her to the level 26-28 area. Or if I get bored, I will level Grace.

Hope to you see you all online =)

---oMS, Windia: Blizzaria, lv2X Magician; SereneGrace, lv2X Xbowgirl

Slasher900
Posted 4/12/2006 10:26:46 AM
When did they change the look of GameFaqs? oh and goodluck on those auctions just some info sometimes you actually have to chase people down to sell stuff its annoyingjust make sure your on top of your auctions and who won and their character names or your gonna hate life as a salesman

---TrueMiroku lv4x Fizard [Scania]

mlugia
Posted 4/12/2006 10:34:29 AM
Wow, muffin, you're fast O_O I'm only 26 >_<

Thundon
Posted 4/12/2006 10:38:51 AM

Spooky, I deleted Grace and added Blizzaria. Sorry.

-PreacherMaple, I'm guessing this assassin is funded? Mine wasn't and I wouldn't really have a good idea. I used a clean meba to 40 and it was bad.

But I guess I can contribute. Try Land of the Wild Boars II since of the decent spawn. You can kick up the spawn up too by partying. It's easy to divide the map from top and bottom. I also went to Ant Tunnel I. Try the middle area with those 4-5 platforms in a series (tell me if you can't find it). It's easy to kick the spawn up since they are horizontal and not much KS'ers, just random bypassers and those occasional "omg i see spawn, i kill now". If that doesn't work, try the top, but you will have a hard time with KS'ers.

Or you can try Ant Tunnel 4 (i think it was 4), and work down and channel sweep. Go down the platforms while killing, then change channels, which would bring you to the top again. Or just Cash Shop in then out.

You can also try the trees with the horny mush and green mush. The terrain might be a problem and there are mages there.

Overall, just try boars since in my levels then, boars were crowded for a reason.

---SwiftBacon - Member of the Ebilness Guild - Windia

Sp00kyMuffin
Posted 4/12/2006 10:41:33 AM
Quote:Wow, muffin, you're fast O_O I'm only 26 >_<
Haha, lol. That will soon change.However, bubblings were excellent because of money and the fast experience they gave me.

That's why I decided to make Blizzaria Lightning first.Lit + Bubblings (on b1) = Sex.

Grace has been slowing down. With only two percent being added to her today. My motivation is the Balanche >_> I love that crossbow and I can't wait to get it.

I found a Panlid on Saturday (10 def >_>) which was recieved a great responce from myself. Still no Green Matty... I might search for that later tonight or else head to Ant Tunnel for the remainder of the "level 20's"

---oMS, Windia: Blizzaria, lv2X Magician; SereneGrace, lv2X Xbowgirl

Sp00kyMuffin
Posted 4/12/2006 10:43:50 AM
Quote:"Spooky, I deleted Grace and added Blizzaria. Sorry."
No problem, Bacon. I should be using her a lot more anyways. *read above post*

GOALS:*Obtain a Brown Bamboo Hat*Obtain a Jester Hat (preferably Blue or Pink)*Level up
>.>

---oMS, Windia: Blizzaria, lv2X Magician; SereneGrace, lv2X Xbowgirl

Thundon
Posted 4/12/2006 10:46:29 AM
I also have a magician but it's a secret *shhhh*

It's only level 11 D:

---SwiftBacon - Member of the Ebilness Guild - Windia

mlugia
Posted 4/12/2006 11:22:23 AM
I also have a magician, but it's a secret.
He's not born yet :OOOO (shhhh)

TelinArtho
Posted 4/12/2006 11:37:58 AM
Wow - lot's of chatter in the last few hours...

I've been toying around with what to do for my glove for a couple of days now, and I'm still not sure. Although I'm pretty sure I want to get it finished off with attack, I'm a little hesitant to shell out 1.5+ mil for each 60% scroll, and with only 2 slots left, I'm not sure that I want to risk 2 10% scrolls for it.

That being said, there's a very reasonably priced glove attack scroll up on Basil right now... if it doesn't go up too much in the next few hours, I'll nab it regardless.

There's also a very nice Katar that went up, but it got me thinking about how much it should cost.

A jeweled katar - to me - is worth about a half-million - give or take. Each 60% scroll costs about 100k. Getting a katar to +5 with 60% scrolls over 7 slots is rare, but is it worth 1.5mil? 2mil?
I could purchase the katar up for bid right now for 400k and get the remaining 4 scrolls to get it fully 60% - if I fail, I can try it once more while still staying under the cost of the one at 1.5 mil, almost 2 more times at 2 million.

Just some things I'm thinking about.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 42 Fighter
PreacherMaple
Posted 4/12/2006 11:38:58 AM

All those areas are where I trained up to 30 Bacon

A level in an hour, hour and 20 mins was good stuff in the Ant Tunnel.

I'm currently on the sky terraces, kittie level exp, no people and I can mostly 2HKO the brown teddies and occasionally 2HKO the pinks.

The meso drops are just about covering the cost of potions, which is a nice feeling XD Once I can start reliably 2HKO the browns AND pinks I think I'll see the levelling speed up even more.
I was lightly funded, just to allow me to use L7 all the time from the moment I got it...at level 10 And as I had to start a Cleric from scratch on Windia to do the funding I don't feel too bad about it

It was pleasing to see other Sins around 33-34 asking me what I was throwing/using as I was out damaging them mostly. I figure that'll slow down now as the meba+7 is with me till 40 now.
The jr.Sentinels, while being almost all 1HKOs, had just too slow of a spawn to make the levelling worth while to me.

TelinArtho
Posted 4/12/2006 11:41:41 AM
Quote:oh and goodluck on those auctions just some info sometimes you actually have to chase people down to sell stuff its annoyingjust make sure your on top of your auctions and who won and their character names or your gonna hate life as a salesman

Well I have one buyer who hasn't been on once since one auction ended. He has posted a message saying he's having computer troubles, but I told him I'd hold it until Friday (being very generous on my part in my opinion). I'm not hurting for space yet - so even moving hard-to-sell items shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Also - since I'm planning on selling mostly "popular" items - I would assume that most people would want to find me asap - just to get the item sooner.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 42 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 4/12/2006 12:32:17 PM
Actually, unless my math is horribly wrong, there's about a 50% chance of getting a +5 60% weapon - go figure. On that assumption then - the katar at 1.5 mil is probably a little overpriced. Hmm - glad I spent some time thinking about it.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 42 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/12/2006 12:53:33 PM
Scroll Probability Calculator

You have a 41.9904% chance of having at least 5 of 7 60% scrolls succeed.

No comments: