Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (5/3/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 5/3/2006 7:57:58 AM
Well, as everyone already seems to know - Zakum has been released... all sorts of suicide parties will come out just to catch a glimpse...

However, in addition to this is that wonderful thing called an exp bonus. Unfortunately, looking at the schedule of the bonus - it doesn't seem likely that I'll be able to benefit greatly from it (maybe the last 20 minutes). That's fine though - it will hopefully be beneficial to everyone who tries to get to 3rd job with a boost.

Last night, I was content to fight at the Disposed Flower Garden almost exclusively - gaining 33% while I was there over the course of ~4 hours. I didn't get a good trade in from the ~4-5 sets of seeds, 3 sets of moons and 2 sets of stars - but I wasn't really expecting much. I did however, get a couple of blue china top drops (both slightly below avg on wdef) and a 59 atk bazlud (1 away from perfect). All three have already been put up on Basil Market for selling.
My staff simulator auction has ended at the price of 80k - which is a spot better than I was expecting; the earring scroll is also up to 1.2 mil - so that's even better. I also netted about 200k in profits yesterday, though I did NPC a pair of red heart earrings (90k) and a mithril buckler (15k) - so it was under 100k in reality.

I also bought a pair of snowshoes on auction yesterday. They were listed as +4 speed with 5 slots left, but when I went to trade for them, they actually only had 3 slots. I had won the auction for 350k - but given the discrepency, I talked it down to 275k. It might still be that I overpaid for them (in fact, I'm pretty sure I did... 30k for the shoes, 34k per scroll = 154k... ewww...), but its not the end of the world. I'll be using them for fighting jr. yetis, so I'll get a couple of dex scrolls on it before level 50.

Assassin_XD had a grand old time trying to fight nependeaths, but eventually decided he would find bargain-priced seeds and try his luck on getting a scroll. He was slapped into my world of processed wood however, and left quite a bit poorer - can't say I didn't warn him though...
I'll probably stick to the Flower Garden for the rest of my current level and then head to Victoria to work on a few things. Also, my guild leader sent an open challenge for a B3 race - so I figured what the heck - why not? It'll be good practice, and the extra ores might be good to have.

I'll also be finishing up the Florina beach quests, since they are almost done and I have some claws to get rid of.

To cap off the night, I even played a few minutes on my magician - getting from 30% up to 55% on level 11. I didn't have much time before the patch went - so that's all the time I had. Not a big deal anyway.

@SwiftBacon - sorry you couldn't stay on long enough to party last night - but we'll catch to each other later I guess.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 47 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 5/4/2006 7:38:45 AM
Well last night definitely had its ups and downs...

I split my time between two places - Disposed Flower Garden and Lorang Clang. Starting off in the garden and earning around 10%. I did a few exchanges (3 or 4) and then went to Florina and tried to finish off the quests over there. Unfortunately, I wasn't the greatest about watching my health and manage to get myself killed, losing 9%. I built that back up and then got myself killed again... ick.

While I was at Florina, I did get a Red Anakamoon (+5 luk, +1 int, +23 MP, 56 wdef, 26 mdef) and a pair of Oaker Scorpio Pants (avg) - these are already up on Basil.

Returning to Orbis, I went to the garden and killed some more - exchanged some more. I didn't get any good exchanges (about 150 wood in total...), but at least I'm still making a profit there.
All in all, I think I netted ~5-10% last night over the course of 3 hours. Not only did I have to contend with the loss of xp from dying, I also had to deal with my *&$*&^%& dog, though it is apparent she's sick. She's headed to the vet today.

In other news, apparently my Guild leader is looking to recruit some people to go visit Zakum... good luck with that sir...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 47 Fighter

No comments: