Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (4/11/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 4/11/2006 7:27:59 AM
Well, I didn't stick around long in Victoria... but I did stay long enough in order to get my new shield. Nice having that extra strength and defence. Granted it put a large dent in my finances, but the auctions I've got up right now look like they will wash that out quite nicely.

Before leaving Victoria, I pretty much spent my time at Curse Eyes. They are reasonable to fight, but really don't offer the kind of rewards that I'm looking for. I didn't get a deed and I don't think I got even a green egg for my troubles.

In Ossyria, I went from kitties to nependeaths to star pixies to kitties again. Kitties are not as good as they once were, requiring ~50 kills for one percent, and while Star Pixies are not much better in terms of experience, the possibility of a helmet scroll from the exchange helps justify it (plus I'm tired of getting Return to town scrolls/processed wood from the kitties...)

I fought the nependeaths for a total of 200 seeds to trade in, hoping for a shield scroll from the exchange, but I only got orange potions and blue potions. I've started keeping track of what I get from exchanges for things above kitties - hoping that I can eventually get a guage on what the likelihood is. Its not like it takes any time to record it - but it'll be a while before I get a large enough data set to analyze it.

Just as I was done for the night, I did find a golden egg. Although tempted to sell it, I just used it and gained the measely 100xp that it can give.

Although I didn't advance last night, I had very solid progress - especially when I partied for a short while with SwiftBacon. With his haste, my speed is boosted to 132% I think - which is very noticeable. In the coming days I expect I'll either stay in Ossyria to work on the exchange quest stuff or move on to Ludi and try a few PQs.

In regards to the comments about me being lucky - I guess I am. I just don't concentrate on the drops themselves (although I usually make a big deal about it when they do come). That being said, the rarest thing I got last night was a power crystal ore, so nothing too special last night (well, I guess the gold egg might be "rare" - but I don't consider it special...).

And SwiftBacon - you should scroll that pilfer you've got - because even if you fail at it - I still have one I could sell you for cheap. Helmet scrolls aren't too expensive (25k for 10% and 50-75k for 60%), so the extra defense might be very welcome. Just a thought. Scrolling is a risk, but if you have the open slots on your equipment, I don't see why you don't try to make it better - unless the scrolls themselves are too expensive to purchase (claw scrolls for instance must be insane...).

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 42 Fighter

TheHeroXesh
Posted 4/11/2006 7:37:53 AM
I find these journals rather interseting...like the legend of a fighter making his way through the world..So no bashing this mans work, hmn?Its a big story to me..

Optimus45
Posted 4/11/2006 7:42:37 AM
Telin, if you need any more buddies who can help you on the way to being a warrior, just add me. :-pIGN is in le siggie~

Oh yeah, I tend to get excited and spam buddy chat alot, so hopefully you don't mind.

---MS Windia: GaleAxe 7X Axe Crusader (B> Helios)

mlugia
Posted 4/11/2006 7:46:30 AM
Congrats on your tower shield, Dave. Thanks for not outbidding me, although I wouldn't have minded (Especially since I wouldn't know who outbid me anyways) if you did.

I didn't play a lot last night, you might have noticed. 24 and the Apprentice was on. OMGWTF JACK BAUER. That is all.

Fusion mace is awesome. The faster speed is deceptively useful when killing things that get close to me. Love that cape you lent me. I still have ~65 more zombie mushroom charms to get before I get one of my own.

Wow, you guys are way ahead of me Have no fear, I'll be a page before the end of... this month!
I just noticed, you might even get a 500 topic by the end of it all :O Do you plan to upgrade your helmet anytime soon? I'd imagine you would be tired of it by 50, and the scrolls don't make up the lack of a defense.

Bacon, what level are you now? Also, weren't you part of a different guild back when we partied?

TelinArtho
Posted 4/11/2006 7:50:11 AM
Will do GaleAxe. I have to admit, I was a little envious of that 6att Yellow Briggon you've had up for sale (on Sleepywood) - up until the 10% for my glove worked. Now the difference is too small to make me consider it. And talking too much? Have you read the last six pages... (in other words - if I am sitting, I tend to talk a lot... if I'm training - I'll still drop in every once in a while).

That reminds me, I got a buddy request last night - someone who I assume is a lurker in here. Although I accepted the invitation, the person wasn't online at the time - so I'm just curious if that person would speak up. I'm actually running a little low on BL space, so the people who are never on or who I only added for trades will be dropped first.

If that person is a lurker - please do speak up - would like to introduce myself a little more properly.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 42 Fighter

No comments: