Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (3/28/2006)

PreacherMaple
Posted 3/28/2006 8:54:37 AM
Mac the mechanic is now my bestest best Ludi friend. Even though the hidden street you are taken to as part of his quest disables your speed equips, I am now getting a bit over 5% every 10 mins. I may just see level 50 by the end of the week. And in this levelling area I need never worry about anyone bugging me while I grind.

I'm contemplating going after gollems, probably after this level. Only choice is which kind, original stone gollems or the new fangled lego ones.---Darktyde Level 50 Lizard Scania (Currently holidaying in Orbis)

mlugia
Posted 3/28/2006 9:06:31 AM
It wasn't too bad, as Bacon tended to stay in the first platform while I washed the bottom. (He'd come down if I was on the far right and too busy to wash the left side). I can't speak for Bacon, but I liked my EXP rate down there :x

Sp00kyMuffin
Posted 3/28/2006 9:14:02 AM
I like reading about MS from a different point of view, especially from a Warrior, because I never had a "high" level warrior. (Mine on Broa is only level 18 >_>)

It would be cool if you had a Magician to join you because then you would have the whole set:
A Warrior - FighterA Thief - AssassinAn Archer - CrossbowmanA Magician - Cleric or something.

Keep it up, I want to read more =)

TelinArtho
Posted 3/28/2006 9:18:15 AM
Suprisingly, I've only got 2 wizards on my buddy list - my brother in law - who is only level 17-18 or so (not his main character - trying to get him to switch) and a guy from work - who just had to restart and is probably still less than level 20.

Always nice to have kind words (even if I don't always acknowledge them - they are very welcome...)

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 38 Fighter

Sp00kyMuffin
Posted 3/28/2006 9:20:06 AM
I have a level 3X Cleric on Windia - I really need to level her when I get back on MapleStory.. >_>
Do you only have one character?

TelinArtho
Posted 3/28/2006 9:48:45 AM
I do have a wizard, but he's only level 10 and I play him "strangely" - I use up all his magic and then go rest on a bench. Using blue potions isn't very cost effective, and with 5MP recovery he doesn't need to sit out too much quite yet. I could fund him with the money (or some of it anyway) from my fighter, but I like keeping them separate.

Well, a cleric is always welcome to party with me - though if all 4 of us were online at a time it would be too crowded at kitties for sure. Doubtful that we'd all be on at the same time though. Can you handle kitties though? I could use the help when I start working on zombie lupins - but I probably won't get to that until much later.

And I forgot to resolve that whole "mystery quest" thing I had posted about yesterday. Apparently I'm suffering from misplaced memory - because whatever it was it no longer is in my quest list. So either I made it up or it was there before I downloaded the latest patch and they removed it. I'm going to assume it is the former and just say that I'm crazy...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 38 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 3/28/2006 9:52:31 AM
Crying kids must be getting to ya

I suddenly have the urge to Warrior again, so maybe I'll do that tonight and go back to Xbow tomorrow ;_; I. Want. A. White. Knight. pretty badly

mlugia
Posted 3/28/2006 10:01:54 AM
Oh, and it's because I re-read Marselino's Page and White Knight Guide (reg required of course)
I'm a warrior at heart :X

TelinArtho
Posted 3/28/2006 10:26:26 AM
Just took a quick look at that guide and I had to laugh at his comparison:

1h vs 2h weapons - he says that a 70ATT 1-handed weapon is equivalent or weaker than a 60ATT 2-handed weapon in terms of damage.

300 Str, 60 Dex, 60% mastery:
2h BW = 366-900
1h BW = 404-966

Yeah - that's not entirely correct. If I use a 65ATT 1-handed weapon:
1h BW = 375-897

That's a little closer.
Yet another person who seems to be overexaggerating the difference in 1-handed and 2-handed...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 38 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 3/28/2006 10:35:37 AM
Which part was that?

I like the idea of 1H swords because of dual stab/slash possibilities, so after careful (read: 1 minute) considerations, I'm going to abandon BW. Maces are nice, but their stab is terrible, and I hate variable damages. Makes me wonder why I'm an archer XD

TelinArtho
Posted 3/28/2006 12:02:56 PM
It was pretty close to the beginning of the guide.

Honestly though, no fighter gets any sort of "stable" damage until level 36 - and even then, to me at least, it is still pretty variable (200-400 is pretty wide to me...)

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 38 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 3/28/2006 12:13:22 PM
Well, the damage differs also depending on what enemies you fight, perhaps the damage diff between 1H and 2H enlarge there.

As for variable damage, my friend who quit recently told me to go swords, because BW is something like "1k, 1k, 1k, 300 wtf, 1k, 300 wtf, 300 wtf" while sword's variance isn't as high. Especially after factoring the stabbing's lower multiplier.

TelinArtho
Posted 3/28/2006 3:56:52 PM
Looks like I'll plan on spending most of level 39 in Ludi. I'm going to finish up level 38 and start 39 in Ossy - fighting kitties, but then I'll move over - do the quest to gain the level 40 top from Grandpa Clock and do a bunch of other quests I have open. It will probably include several trips deep into the EOS tower, so I should probably do the quest to get the EOS tower scrolls to save me some time.

Quests that I'll finish while I'm there:

Cheng's jump quest (want the scroll - plus its a matter of pride...)
Roly Poly 6's tool - just because it is easy. The different sacks will be nice to use on someone who bothers me...
The Lost Guard - for the EOS scrolls. I've got most of the items needed for it - just a few more to get.
Nemi's Second Ingredient - maybe - depends on how much time I spend in the deep parts of the tower.
Cleaning up the outer parts of EOS tower - again - I've got most of this done - just a few more to kill.
Rocky's Parts - I've got 1 or 2 cogs - but I've got plenty of screws - so once I kill off some chronos I should be good
Maple History Books - I've got the first 2 books - so I just need the one from the chronos. While I'm working on the cogs - this shouldn't be a trouble.
Helping Fix EOS tower - I didn't fight any king blocktopus when I went down before. I don't think I'll have any problem with them though.
EOS Tower Threatened - can't start this until I finish the previous cleaning quest for Marcel. Still - Block golems are no trouble.
Assembling a Toy - this shouldn't be too much trouble to collect for. I probably would've had the bulk of the batteries and hearts needed, but I sold them when I last left Ludi. Still - tobos are no trouble for me.
Future Quests to do:
Level 39 - Clock Worker's Batteries - will take a little while, but the level 40 top will be nice to get.
Level 40 - Fixing EOS Tower - Block golems and King Block golems should be pretty easy at this point, so I'm not too worried about this. The napoleon isn't very important, but it will be a nice magic defense upgrade for fighting star pixies on occasion.
Level 40 - Mac the Mechanic's Maintenance Manual - don't know how tough this will be - but it looks straightforward.
Level 40 - Peace at EOS tower - very important to do - scroll will be very useful to me.

If I keep the discipline to finish all this in one trip at Ludi - I'll be amazed. Still - it will be nice to at least get a few of these done.

Also - is the lost guard quest repeatable (like Huckle's quest for instance)? Has anyone checked to find out?

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 38 Fighter

No comments: