Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (4/11/2006)

Thundon
Posted 4/11/2006 10:56:27 AM
For the person who asked, I'm level 46 right now but I'm 97% to 47

And david, now that you mentioned it, I'm going to try to scroll my pilfer. I'll be using it in my 50's since the sonata looks ugly IMO. I'm going to be going with the blue china set, red and black is overdone. I really can't wait til level 50, but it will take like 3 weeks or so since I level slow. I have my equips ready except for my blue china pants. I still need to save for a good slain, which may take 2~ mil or so, and that's the funds I have right now. See how I can't gamble with my funds? I will still try those pilfers out, maybe even for DEX (if there are Helmet DEX).

I'm really tempted to scroll a sauna robe for DEX. If I'm lucky, I can net millions. Each 10% scroll is 110k-150k. The Sauna Robe has 10 slots. The scrolls add 5 DEX each if it works. So it can possibly have 50 DEX if all works (not likely of course). I've seen 15 DEX go for.. like 5-10 mil? 10 DEX can go for 1-2 mil. It just seems too easy for me, but then again, I will be working with 10% so it may be risky.

---SwiftBacon - Member of the Ebilness Guild - Windia

TelinArtho
Posted 4/11/2006 11:15:48 AM
Well, there's only Helmet for Def or HP. Still, an extra 7-15 points in defense can be helpful - especially if you are looking to wear it until ~60 or so. Might as well get the best bonus out of it. HP would be useful if you need them - I just don't know. Def scrolls are 25k for 10% usually - and since it doesn't really matter how well it is scrolled, I would suggest just getting 7 of them - scroll it fully and take it the way it is, whether 0,1,2, or 5 work. 60% scrolls really aren't worth it for the helms. Even buying one or two won't set you back much from your 2mil, but the extra 5 or 10 possible defense will be significant over the course of the 10+ levels you use the hat for.
I would never pay that much for a sauna robe... of course, I'm a cheapskate... If I ever get my bathrobe (not sure if I'll finish that quest - 1 diamond is pretty expensive...), I'll probably just sell it clean.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 42 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 4/11/2006 12:44:40 PM
My auctions are going well:
Aluminum Baseball Bat (51 att): 85k (started at 80k) - 3 bids
Korean Fan (54 att, +5 avoid, +5 acc): 525k (started at 350k) - 9 bids
Panlid (10 def): 180k (started at 150k) - 3 bids
Korean Fan (51 att, +5 avoid, +5 acc): 300k (started at 300k) - 1 bid (just posted this morning)
Cat's Eye earrings (17 mdef): no bid yet (35k to start) (just posted this afternoon)

Sales from those will put me easily over 1 million and the better fan looks like it might continue its upward journey.

I was hoping to get 100k or more for the bat - but it looks like it is a hit or miss type of item - sometimes the people who might want it just aren't on.

I'm not expecting much from the earrings, but I don't want to just NPC them since they are perfect.

(oh and on a side note: The Red Sox are winning...)

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 42 Fighter

Assassin_XD
Posted 4/11/2006 7:52:23 PM
Wow, I'm so poor now that I think of it. And Bacon good luck in scrolling hope you make millions

---Windia - killa999999 - 3x AssassinAdd me now!!!

Optimus45
Posted 4/11/2006 7:57:06 PM
Telin, don't add me yet. If you don't know why, look at my topic.

---MS Windia: GaleAxe 7X Axe Crusader (B> Helios)

Thundon
Posted 4/11/2006 8:06:33 PM
Thanks for that Aer, but I don't even know if I will scroll. Maybe that pilfer, which in that case, I want to buy your blue pilfer, David. The scrolls will only be like 200k when I buy them all. I'm sure I can earn that much back in the next 3 levels. ~As on the robe, won't sell it yet, I will just wear it til I get my 50 equips. I might try to scroll it later on, when I have the money. I'm capping DEX at 100 (maybe you should think about capping too, since it's very important). If I 100% it, I can have 110 DEX, which is enough to let me wear my equips when I get to 70. I can't believe I'm thinking about 70 already, since I won't reach it probably until summer.

I also just recently reached level 47, but it will be hard to keep on progressing. I already put off at least 3 projects that are due this monday. Just thinking about it makes me so depressed. Me and my procrastination.

Good luck on those auctions. You're going to be one of those pro's at auctions. What time zone are you in btw? I only see you at night, when I stop playing maplestory.

---SwiftBacon - Member of the Ebilness Guild - Windia

Assassin_XD
Posted 4/11/2006 8:20:26 PM
Congrats Bacon ^_^. You should do your projects first, then afterwards play MS. The same thing happened to me when I was at level 27 and it stopped me from playing for days, but in the end I finally fisnished my projects too. I hope you finish yor projects soon and come back to MS.

---Windia - killa999999 - 3x AssassinAdd me now!!!

mlugia
Posted 4/11/2006 8:24:38 PM
Dave's in EST like I am, I think. Sox beats Jays (FLUKE ) but I had the SP and closer of the sox, so I got a win and a save out of it... But this isn't a baseball thread

Hit 26 ^_^ Zombie shrooms and Horny ones are good exp, a bit much on the pot usage since they swarm, but damn good exp.

TelinArtho
Posted 4/11/2006 8:32:01 PM
Fluke eh - oh I see how it is...

Too bad the Jays aren't 6 and 1 are they...

Anyway - sorry to hear about the account Gale.

And yes Bacon - I'm in the eastern US (Massachusetts), but I'm very much a night owl and my wife works nights - so after the kids go to bed - I get some time to myself.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 42 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 4/12/2006 7:20:45 AM

Hmmm - there's an auction up on Basil that I'm currently mulling over. It happens to be a decent price for an above avg Jeweled Katar. I was planning on just crafting one when I got all of the materials, but having one for this cheap would be nice.

I'm going to refrain from bidding on it at the moment - since the auction doesn't end until Friday. I've got to decide how much I'm willing to pay for it though...

On a positive note though, the baseball bat is up to 92.5k, the better korean fan is up to 575k - the rest haven't changed.

To Bacon's comment about having auctions that do well, I think it is entirely about planning. Before putting any of my items up for auction, I did some recent price checking at Basil and at Sleepywood. Since most of the items I've sold so far have been standard, non-scrolled stuff - the pricing is pretty easy to figure out.

I knew I could get 350k for my 51att korean fan, so that's where I started the 54 att one. However, the 51 att needed to start lower - so I started the auction later at only 300k. I probably should've moved it down to 250k.

The only reason my auctions have done well thus far is because most of them have been for above average things. I've got the light scorpio pants in my inventory, but I won't bother putting those up for auction because they rarely get sold and mine are below average to start with.
I didn't play last night. My wife had the night off from work so we spent the night to ourselves. I capped off the night with a little bit of poker and did well enough - just not enough to make a profit - though it was a fine line between -$4 and +110 - so I'm not too disappointed with my actions.

Nice on making level 47 there Bacon - my next milestone is really level 50 - so I'm still a ways away from that.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 42 Fighter

PreacherMaple
Posted 4/12/2006 7:49:32 AM
A question here for Mr Bacon
Where did you go to level as a fresh out of the box Sin?

I've spent quite a few (very productive) levels in the Ant Tunnel, but just get the feeling there are better places out there.

I was disappointed at Boars, the boogies kept locking me XD

I was contemplating going to Orbis for the jr.sentinels, to build up some cash. Maybe Ludi for teddy bears, but I can see that at 900hp I'd be 2HKOing them on a good day and 3HKO them otherwise.

Just looking for some advice from someone whos been there recently

mlugia
Posted 4/12/2006 7:55:31 AM
Preacher: I'm no sin, but go to Land of the Wild Boar II instead of I to avoid the boogies

Dave: Yes, fluke. Because as a biased homerist, I have a duty to view the Jays as the greatest thing since mashed bread.

Congrats with the auctions. I got lucky last night with getting a Lv 35 Spear with 60 atk (avg 57, max 62). Though since no one uses a spear at Lv 35, I dunno if anyone will bid on it. Oh well, I'll just repeatedly auction it off till sold

I found a Red Triangle shield for sale on basil for 25k, which I bid on. Should end in two hours or so... Still waiting to trade for those scrolls.

No comments: