Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (4/6/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 4/6/2006 8:53:31 AM
Assassin - what's the wdef on the shield? I probably won't get it - I'm still hoping for a tower shield... but if it is enough better than my current one - I might consider it.

Rough times Muffin - I've been disconnected like that a few times, but it didn't persist enough for me to look into it further. I presume this is an ongoing problem though - in which case it is something different.

Last night's Sox game was good to watch - good defense all around. And yes, Wake is the one with the nasty knuckle ball - in my opinion, the best knuckleballer out there (not that I've seen a lot of them).

By the way - just so everyone knows, I'll close this thread when I am ready to create a new one - so if you find it closed one day, just be assured that another will soon follow.

Also - mlugia - saw that you updated me over on Sleepywood. Funny the moron over there eh? I tend to stay away from posting outside of the free market over there - but every once in a while I do contribute a little.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 41 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/6/2006 9:02:14 AM
Ha ha, you're very resourceful. I lurk at Sleepywood because they have better guides stickied. Saves the creation of a pointless topic here anyways. Once in awhile I find an urge to post, but the people there outside the archer forum, man... Yeah, pretty moronic

TelinArtho
Posted 4/6/2006 9:06:24 AM
I think this is funny. There's a guy trying to sell 4 60% 1-handed sword scrolls on Sleepywood for 205k each (I wouldn't buy them unless they were 100k each for a reference point).

He's now bumped his thread three times and gotten one person to "offer" 205k for all 4 (which the seller laughed at).

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 41 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/6/2006 9:14:04 AM
You probably know this, but I suggest you take a look around Basilmarket as well. There's more items on sale there, and you CAN put up auctions for purchasing something too.
I just ignore all the barter boards this way

mlugia
Posted 4/6/2006 9:16:38 AM
Oh, and I know you don't like auctions. But sometimes you can save on stuff ppl don't want to bid on, like the Surgent and the bamboo hat I have.

(There's a 1H Sword scroll for 80k right now that expires around 8pm EST. If it doesn't bloat by then, you can make a last minute bid and save 20k )

TelinArtho
Posted 4/6/2006 9:19:05 AM
I've never liked auctions (in real life as well). I'd much rather just purchase something for a reasonable price without too much haggling. Most of the time, if it is slightly above what they are asking for, I'll make an undercutting offer. If that doesn't work though - I just walk away.

Of course, undercutting has a bit of a side effect - sometimes spurring people to bid between what I've offered and the asking price. I had that happen on my recent requests to purchase some glove dex scrolls.

But I'm firmly in the belief that if I don't get something, it merely wasn't meant to be. Its just a game - so I'm not going to get all worked up about it.

I do have an account at Basil if I ever do feel like bidding on something. More likely though, I'll just autowin something if I see it at a reasonable price.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 41 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 4/6/2006 9:24:33 AM
I just went over there - and while that one is fine - I was more interested in the 10% scroll for 10k. That'll be picked up nicely for a price I am willing to pay...

If the one at 77.5k doesn't go up too much in a little while I might bid on it.
The problem is though - I don't really need the scrolls yet.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 41 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/6/2006 9:43:03 AM
Heh. I have a question. How's your meso income in the 30s? I really don't like the looks of the Traus, so I was thinking of, if possible, buying a load of Cutluses and scroll till I get a 10% working, etc.

TelinArtho
Posted 4/6/2006 9:55:20 AM
I used one 60% scroll on my gladius (lvl 30 sword) - still have that if you want it for 75k. (on the side...) 6 slots open.

Then I saved to get 2 10% and 5 60% for a cutlus. I had found a reasonably priced one in the free market and sold my crappy one (50 att) for a net of 20k.

4 60%s worked to give it 63 att, +4 str.

My meso income was great in the 30s but I also didn't spend much because I had my helm since 25 and the appropriate level 20/35 glove and the level 30 boots from quests. I found the battle shield (which helped immensely) - so all I had to buy were the top and bottom.

I could've spent more on the cutlus by trying to get a 10% to work - but I was too lazy for that.
One thing I would recommend is to cap your spending on 10% scrolls to 50k and 100k for 60%. There's plenty selling above that - but you can still find them at that price easily enough.

If you are in a bind though - I could sell my cutlus when I'm done with it (either level 45 for the hero's gladius or 50 for the katar).

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 41 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/6/2006 10:02:43 AM
Heh, thanks for the offer. I'm only Lv22, so it's much more theory in planning than anything else. I saw a Cutlus with 56 atk on Basil, and I placed a bid. I have some savings left over from Aerythn anyways, so I don't think it's outrageous to spend some more money on the Cutlus, if it comes to that.

Looking at the 10% scrolls on basil, there's only 2, and you bid on one, but both are pretty cheap. With Aery, I had bought 350k worth of Dex Scrolls to get a +10 Bathrobe and I was able to afford that quite easily, so I guess it wouldn't be much different here, with some 10% and 60%. If a 10% works out, then awesome, I could skip the Traus easily. (Short ugly piece of yellow puke IMHO)

Hmm, I really should be working...

TelinArtho
Posted 4/6/2006 10:06:37 AM
Frankly, cutlus drop frequently enough that I wouldn't bother picking them up (even to try scrolling multiple with 10%) until you are closer to the level to use them. I only found one, but I did a lot of training on stumps instead of horned mushrooms and evil eyes. Evil eyes are great income from 30-35 - so getting a few to drop for you there isn't out of the question.
Up to you though.

For me, it wasn't so much about skipping the traus as about keeping the cutlus - it just looks that good... plus having the watt of a sword 10+ levels over you is just great.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 41 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/6/2006 10:11:27 AM
Ha ha, I suppose. Well, I guess I'd have one Cutlus for now, and hunt Evil Eyes later. I hated EEs as an Archer, along with pigs. Their maps suck so much... Especially the effing evil eye cave. There's like 10 on one ledge so I can't even jump in there to shoot an arrow ;_;

TelinArtho
Posted 4/6/2006 10:13:30 AM
Yes - but a mob on a ledge is great for a fighter - slash blast for the win...

The other side benefit of training in evil eye caves are all the new players who are lost... you almost have to feel pity for them...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 41 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/6/2006 10:26:14 AM...
So you sit and watch as they get killed, or do you save them and get an F2?

TelinArtho
Posted 4/6/2006 10:32:41 AM
I only had 2 during my time there. The first died before I got to him.

The second was actually quite good at dodging - he was a bowman. He asked if he could buy tails from me. We settled on a price, he bought them and then started on out - and died before he got off the screen as well.

I would've helped them both if they gave any mention they needed it. I didn't have much time to help them (though since I was killing mobs at the bottom - the evil eyes were spawning at the top - so it was no huge surprise it happened...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 41 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 4/6/2006 12:47:49 PM
In light of the fact that I'm planning on making a jeweled katar (or 2...) when I get to level 50, I think I'll entertain myself from time to time working on Shumi's B3 to hopefully get some black crystal and gold and diamonds (those for the various other things I want...).

This being said, I'm currently in Ludi - so I'm wondering in Assistant Cheng's Missing Mechanical parts is repeatable and, if it is, what are the rewards for redoing it. If I don't get a response to it - I'll simply check it out the next time I'm on - so no big deal.

If I'm lucky and Cheng's quest gives the same rewards as Shumi's B3 - I could be in for some fun - since I didn't find his quest to be all that difficult. If its only jewels though I probably won't bother with it.

Another thing I've been considering is "training" on Master Robos for a little while. Not really training - because I'd actually be hunting for a Jeweled Katar - and really challenging myself to stay there for as long as possible without having to repot. Master Robos are not efficient for me to train on - so this is just a thought at the moment.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 41 Fighter

No comments: