Thursday, September 14, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (5/12/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 5/12/2006 2:11:58 PM
I'm actually tempted to get started on jr yetis tonight or this weekend... I'm going to be needing the attack scrolls that they might drop and I might as well get used to training down there. Just a thought of course.

I've put in an offer on a 5 dex cape (Icarus 2) for a reasonable price (he's asking for a lot more than I'm willing to offer - but it doesn't hurt to ask... its been sitting unsold for at least 2 weeks now...). If it goes through successfully, then I'll be able to either try to scroll my Icarus for Str and switch between them, or perhaps even sell it if I need the money.

I've also started putting in offers for top/bottom wear scrolls - but since I am not sure how many I have/how many I need - I'm being a little cautious with it.

In addition to all of this, I'm considering options on shoe scrolls - since I've got to get a good pair of snowshoes for fighting yetis with. My current ones are only +4 speed with 3 slots left. I might just start from scratch - or see if I can get 1-2 dex scrolls (10%) to work on those last three slots. If not - its not a big deal - I'll just get a new pair and scroll those.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 49 Fighter

GCNrules
Posted 5/12/2006 2:24:31 PM
Are you still Ludi PQing for exp?

We haven't PQd together yet.

Sadface.

---MS:Windia:Octagen - Level 4X Ice/Light Mage.

TelinArtho
Posted 5/12/2006 3:05:32 PM
I haven't PQed for a few levels - but I tell you what - if you are online tonight (after the double drops) or tomorrow - I'll get into at least one PQ with you.

Honestly, after a few more bad experiences, I've pretty much given up on it. I've got 3 napoleans I won't likely use, 4 sets of earrings and a couple of scrolls to show for my efforts - but I enjoy regular training with Bacon a lot more than partying with the morons I've gotten in with on occasion.

However, perhaps a last "hoorah" is worth considering tonight. Bacon - are you up for it tonight?

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 49 Fighter

Slasher900
Posted 5/13/2006 12:44:47 PM
<3 for thundon for bringing up my suggestion ---u mite wana hav them go into the dungeon 4 sum reason..... maybe hav an even badder @$$ed balrog thats been haxor-fied ~~wpm2005

Thundon
Posted 5/13/2006 2:09:05 PM
^Yes, OF COURSE I knew it was you who suggested it. :P

I don't know if I'll be able to go on tonight David. I'm going with friends to play laser quest/tag >_> I don't know how long it will last but they somehow find other things to do until it's like 9-10 pm for me.

PQ is good and all, if you have the right members. Sometimes, I find myself unlucky and stupid for wasting time because my leaders always miss.

As for normal training, I'm really tempted to buy a pet now since I train much faster not stopping to pick up drops. But I've heard they are not that effective on picking up stuff.

---SwiftBacon - Windia:

TelinArtho
Posted 5/13/2006 10:29:07 PM
Well, not much time to post right now - but let it be known that I hit level 50.

Here's the latest pic of my character. Scrolling hasn't been going too well - so hopefully my backup top and bottom will go better (15 10% failed, 1 60% failed and 1 60% worked...)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 50 Fighter

Maeiv
Posted 5/14/2006 12:17:55 AM
Sorry about the scrolling, but congrats on reaching 50!
I myself, reached lvl 60!

---Maple Story IGN: StormCaliber (Windia)Diablo 2: *confederacy

Thundon
Posted 5/14/2006 1:22:34 AM
Wow congrats david and StormCaliber!!! ^_^

-David, I just got back from the laser tag thingy, it turns out that the laser quest was too inconvenient so we went bowling. Now I'm back and I'm going to try to level to 51 through PQ. I'm at 97%

---SwiftBacon - Windia:

Thundon
Posted 5/14/2006 1:23:11 AM
Sorry for double post..

This is the first time anyone has seen your character's face. It's been hidden inside that helmet of yours for a long time!

---SwiftBacon - Windia:

TelinArtho
Posted 5/14/2006 7:45:22 AM
Thanks Maeiv and congratulations on reaching 60. Ironically enough, I forgot I had 2 top and 2 bottom scrolls on my mule that I could've used instead of buying them last night. I'll try them on my backup set of armor when I get the chance. If only one works - they are already better than my current set.

@Bacon - thanks as well. Yes, this is the first time my face has been exposed for any lengthy amount of time since level 25 - before I started the progress threads. I'm back in Ossy now - so I'll be trying jetis soon enough.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 50 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 5/14/2006 7:54:40 AM
Heh, Dave, who knew we'd have the same eyes and hair? :O

Too bad about your scrolling though =( Thanks for your cutlus, it kills kitties noticibly faster. Since you're in ossy, feel free to come and find me once in awhile =D

Assassin_XD
Posted 5/14/2006 12:25:35 PM
Well this week was pretty nice. I leveled to 40 on Saturday did some PQs as well. Then today, the fun began. My friend let me use his Averice +7 (good-bye clean meba) and my att went up by 80. Then during x2 exp (the new time) at the Jr. Kitties, I found a.... MAPLE CLAW with 18 att. Also, I got a few wiSdom ores! Now I'm level 41. Good Luck, everyone! ^_^

---Windia - killa999999 - 4x AssassinAdd me now!!!

Thundon
Posted 5/14/2006 3:26:27 PM
My PQ during the ghost-town time sucked. Sure even though we screwed up Stage 3 by missing passes and then having to do it over and level, and having a weak party, I didn't get to do what I wanted most. That is to fight Alishar at level 51.

Well, during those times, the members are usually weak since people are desperate to invite anyone around. So... level 44 cleric died during Stage 7 because I summoned all the rombards. Then the rest of the party were too chickened to fight (most were mages). So I ended up having to climb the rope, jump, L7, repeat because of my minimum range. It would have been faster if the no-minimum range wizards helped but they just hung onto the rope. So after I clear more than half of the crowd, they helped me kill the rest so that was nice.

We passed by Stage 8 with an average amount of time left. I killed the ratz and Alishar was summoned. The bandit was immediately killed in two hits... I guess he wasn't using pots. The other 3 just stood to the left and waited. I had to keep my distance from Alishar so I wouldn't get sealed or blinded and eventually Alishar was lured to the left. While I was jumping over Alishar to go to the other side, the leader left the map... So the fight ended. His excuse was: "I was dc" when it was clear he was online the whole time and just quit the PQ.

...Yeah, so the PQ ended right in the middle of 2x EXP but I didn't want to train so I took the boat to Orbis and AFK'd til this morning. That's about it. 8% earned.

---SwiftBacon - Windia

No comments: