Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Maple Story - Archive (4/6/2006)

TelinArtho
Posted 4/6/2006 6:33:09 PM
I know there was someone I was supposed to add - I was talking with Spooky and him the other day (not sure is "he" is a guy or girl - so I'll play safe and say - umm... he)...

If you are "he" - let me know. I told you I wouldn't remember the user name...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 41 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 4/7/2006 8:04:28 AM
I was all over the place last night, working on Telin, working a little with Illithik (my mage) and playing some poker.

I started off the night with Maple Story, kind-of half training on the various teddies. After fooling around with it, I like cloud terrace 2 and 3. Pandas are just a little too annoying to train on for long, but they are a reasonable substitute when I feel like fighting something different. And then of course there's always tobos and master robos to give me a challenge when I want it...

In my first session, I earned about 10% before logging off. During that time, SwiftBacon came on, claiming that he wasn't himself - but a friend of himself. So I took a screen shot when he said "I haxxed his account" - even though I very much doubt it was hacked. I'll use it for incriminating purposes later... I also talked with Spooky a little and even met a lurker of this here journal - who was apparently quitting. This person will remain nameless (mostly because I'm not sure exactly what the name was at this point...), but I got a little bit of money and a panlid for my mage. Thank you very much. If you ever want that panlid back - let me know.
After that I went and played a fair bit of poker. I played 4 small tournaments (3 9-player, 1 18-player) and netted a whopping $1 profit ($44 invested --> $45 taken out...). Not a spectacular night, but the cards weren't falling quite the way I wanted...

Lastly, I played a little more Maple Story with Telin - getting another 5% and getting my only drop of the night: a battle shield with 33 wdef. I was truly hoping it would be better than my current one - but alas it wasn't meant to be. I also purchased a few more bottomwear scrolls (2 10% and 1 60%), and one of the 10% worked - so that's helped my defense a little bit.
To finish off, I did play a little on Illithik, but only to get the panlid and to sit on a bench to recover my magic. Then this scammer comes up to me - and I just couldn't resist...

He had originally asked me for a trade, so I agreed. Then he asks me if I want to duplicate my items - so I say - hold on a second, and close the trade. I then report him, and let him bury himself in the screenshots. Then I tell him to smile and log off... Never had the pleasure before - but that little bit was fun for me to end the night with...

Oh - and Soren/Zephir - I tried to add you as requested, but apparently your buddy list is full.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 41 Fighter

mlugia
Posted 4/7/2006 8:19:59 AM
Jays win! It was AWESOME! Ha ha, can't contain my excitement.

I got home from the game around 11, took a shower, and then went on MS to finish my day off. Spooky was on with her new Xbowgal, and I found out I just missed you ;( I'm still 22, can't do much in the span of 20 minutes, I guess. It was cool that you won a dollar, that's a dollar more than I won last night. (Though my friend bought a pair of 50 buck tickets for 25 from scalpers for our seats last night. That's my first exp with scalpers. Must learn to haggle!)

Lucky you with the Panlid. I gave mine to my brother That scammer's hilarious. You shoulda pulled the "OMG IT WORKED" trick on him, and see if you can scam him back I wish I met a scammer ;_;

I still look like poo. I think I will continue to look like poo until I hit Lv 30+... Bah. Humbug.

TelinArtho
Posted 4/7/2006 8:54:09 AM
Don't worry about missing me - I was having fairly frequent disconnect problems anyway - so I wasn't the best conversationalist...

I kind of wish my wizard was level 15 so I could've defamed him - not that it even crossed my mind at the time. You'd have thought he would've thought better of scamming me when I'm wielding a panlid and putting up Magic Rocks into the trade though - as common as the rocks are - no level 11 wizard is going to be getting them without help...

I'll probably whisper him with Telin and ask him to duplicate my items... that would be fun...
And don't feel bad - you'll get your own scammer soon...

Oh - and congrats on the Jays winning. The Sox didn't play last night - so nothing new here...

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 41 Fighter

TelinArtho
Posted 4/7/2006 2:24:32 PM
Well, as much as I don't really like auctions, I might be using BasilMarket a little more in the future. I missed out on the 1-h sword scroll because I wasn't paying attention to the end time... but I have put up 1 scroll which sold (granted for a lot less than I wanted - but at least it'll be out of my inventory) and those god-forsaken wolbis - which are currently being bid upon. Sorry to PreacherMaple - I didn't see you on the last few times otherwise they would've been yours for free...

In any case, I'll be putting a few of my items up for sale over there - including my +1 Gladius to see how it goes. I'll probably also put up the korean fan and the aluminum baseball bat. More on that later I guess.

---MS TelinArtho2 (windia) 41 Fighter

No comments: