Friday, October 20, 2006

Partying at Hectors


Its official - I like to train at Hectors. Apart from a decent exp rate when solo and a decent money gaining rate when solo, the place is absolutely great when partied with a sin. It is officially my home until I decide to head elsewhere...

I trained for about 13% last night, after managing to sell off the Golden Crow I had for 500k. I looked for the other people to trade with but the only other one on logged off as soon as I found him. Most of that time training was with the sin and later with another warrior (a buddy from work). I wish I could've stayed longer, as the place is just that nice - but I made an agreement with my wife not to play as late as I have been.

I got yet another green napoleon last night and I think the only other drop was a set of blue jangoon shoes - so nothing terribly special. I'm not quite ready to go back to Orbis to trade in tails yet - but I should be after another 10-15% I think. Once there, I'm planning on NPCing a bunch of the stuff I've been carrying around, just to lighten the load and improve the way my money looks.

I've pretty much decided that getting a Str Cape pre-scrolled is just not worth it. 14-20 mil to get a +6 net bonus to strength works out to about 20-30 damage, 50-75 with power strike. Compared to a better attack glove, where a net +5 atk works out to be ~100 damage, 250 with powerstrike - and it just is the primary focus for now. I'll probably just hope to find the scrolls and work on one as I go. Maybe it'll be more important to me later when I've started getting combo boosted up.

No comments: