Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Level 63!



Progress last night was great, but my money took a substantial hit at the same time.

I managed to get my 4th 60% glove attack scroll, so I decided I would bite the bullet and try to scroll my dark clench. The first one succeeded, but the 2nd and 3rd both failed. Now I have a +2 atk 2 slot Dark Clench that I'm trying to sell. Using my last scroll on it would be futile and even worse - if it failed would leave me in an almost desperate state. I'm currently sitting on about 5 million, so I need to be pretty conservative with money if I am going to plan to get a better glove any time soon.

I did manage to hit level 63 last night though, so I am officially done maxing out Power Guard and now get to focus on Booster for the next few levels. At level 1 now though, it is not usable. Next level I might give it a try and see how much it helps and then at 65, it will last 70 seconds, which is long enough I think to use on a regular basis.

I also started using power guard during training last night. I'm not entirely convinced that it helped because of the magic attacks of the hectors, but it made me feel a little better when I did bump into them - and it definitely helps against pangs. I really don't know why I didn't consider using it before. 40% damage reduction is really nice - no matter what way you look at it.

In other news, I got my mage to level 29 finally and actually spent a few minutes training with him last night at Boars, looking for weighted earrings. After a dozen or so - I managed to score a pair - so I just need a few more firewood and leaves to finish the quest for the leaf earrings (yes - useless for a mage pretty much - but whatever...). I still need to finish the pig headband quest, but I only need 4 more pig heads for that. My hope is to get him to the level to get the glove attack scrolls and hope to get a few 60% scrolls from it. Even the 10% would help at this point. He's pretty boring to play in my opinion though, so I don't know how much I'll be doing that.

No comments: